Gionta no longer with Habs signs with Buffalo

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If this man doesn't inspire leadership, I do not know who would.

gionta-irlandais.jpg

One of the creepiest pics I've seen here. You probably stole it from Claude Giroux's private stash. :sarcasm:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'll miss Gio more than I'll miss Gorges.

I'll miss the Gio of the first 2 years. Not the one of the last two. But he can hardly be blamed considering his age and injuries. Class act, great guy.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Beautiful home. Still sad to see him go, I didn't want him back at a high price but I wouldn't have minded him staying on board 2-3 more years at half what he was making

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Beautiful home. Still sad to see him go, I didn't want him back at a high price but I wouldn't have minded him staying on board 2-3 more years at half what he was making

Sometimes I wonder what games people watch.. How did Gionta not piss you off every time he ruined a rush or cycle by slapping the puck off angle from the boards into a goalies crest?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
My guess is that you get better wages in New york. Let's be honest here....its new york.

I might... Had I not decided to return to university and get a degree at the most expensive school in the god damn world.

Hold me. I'm gonna be broke for the rest of my life.

As for Gionta, I love how people like to casually throw out "yeah another 2 years woulda been fine!" As if we're stuck in a Sisyphean time warp of mediocrity.

The same people who would re-sign Bouillon would also re-sign Gionta (and previously Hamrlik) because young player should go f themselves, we have slapshot to the backboards to focus on all year.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Sometimes I wonder what games people watch.. How did Gionta not piss you off every time he ruined a rush or cycle by slapping the puck off angle from the boards into a goalies crest?

People pretend as if that's all he did. He did it often enough to be incredibly annoying, I'll grant you that. The guy was still a 2-way asset that we haven't replaced yet, and will likely be the biggest weakness on this year's forward group.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People pretend as if that's all he did. He did it often enough to be incredibly annoying, I'll grant you that. The guy was still a 2-way asset that we haven't replaced yet, and will likely be the biggest weakness on this year's forward group.

That's where I thought vrbata would have helped... Tippet required every one being adept defensively.. And he could produce..

Nor really sure why we haven't acquired another winger but they must like bournical or sekac a lot

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I might... Had I not decided to return to university and get a degree at the most expensive school in the god damn world.

Hold me. I'm gonna be broke for the rest of my life.

As for Gionta, I love how people like to casually throw out "yeah another 2 years woulda been fine!" As if we're stuck in a Sisyphean time warp of mediocrity.

The same people who would re-sign Bouillon would also re-sign Gionta (and previously Hamrlik) because young player should go f themselves, we have slapshot to the backboards to focus on all year.

It's possible that we end up with a bottom 6 with Eller, Bourque, Moen, Prust, Weise, Malhotra which leaves no room for young players anyway. Add to the fact that doesn't include Bournival... At that point gionta would be better but I'm hopeful someone can earn a spot.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
That's where I thought vrbata would have helped... Tippet required every one being adept defensively.. And he could produce..

Nor really sure why we haven't acquired another winger but they must like bournical or sekac a lot

Technically we have:

Prust
Malhotra
Eller
Bournival
Weise
Moen
Bourque

for the bottom 6 as is. If they acquired another winger they should've moved someone to compensate. As is someone NHL regular caliber will be benched and this does not include someone like Sekac making the team.

PricePkPatch*

I dont think we couls have had Vrbata with our current cap situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad