Gionta no longer with Habs signs with Buffalo

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Our problem is offense and defense. Gionta is not a solution, he is not a defenseman and scoring chances die on his stick.

Saintpatrick*

He's a black hole on that 2nd line. He's not a top 6 winger and cap space saved on Gio can be better spent elsewhere.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Continue here.

Latest word:

Richard Labbé @Richardlabbe
Told #Habs and B.Gionta won't be able to strike a deal tonight. Not expecting anything until tomorrow AM.

He will get his best offer,bring it to Habs.....Then it is simple.

Same goes for Weaver imho....

anonymous9739872329

May 3, 2006
Around MTL
Almost the end of an era. We had the Koivu-Kovalev-Zednik era and now the Gionta-Gomez-Cammalleri-Moen era is almost over. Let the young ones fulfill their destinies.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
His bicep tears have destroyed his shot. He'll still shoot non-stop from everywhere... I can't imagine Bergevin signing him for an offensive role... If we can keep him in a strictly symbolic leadership role with defensive responsibilities, maybe there's something to be done?

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
If we are okay giving Parenteau top 6 minutes, then signing Gionta for the 3rd line might not be a bad idea assuming it's on a one year deal.

I believe there is still room to upgrade on RW and would much prefer a top 6 RW'r while playing Parenteau on the 3rd line with Eller.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If MB can produce more salary relief, I'd much rather use the new money plus whatever Gionta might have commanded, and throw the money at a better player than Gionta. Time to move on.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I'm not totally against Brian staying here, but only with a one-year deal. Anything past that would be adding more complications to our future lineup.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
The only way I'd want Gionta resigned is if his contract had a ''No ill-advised slapshots from just inside the blue line'' clause. But even then...

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Retweeted by Dan Kramer
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 26m

Told this morning that chances of Brian Gionta staying in Montreal are fading. #SNsigningseason

(yayyyyyy! :handclap:)

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I'm sad to be honest. I loved this team with Gionta and Gorges, it's going to feel half empty for a while.

Garnet

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Give it ten minutes and it'll pass... :laugh:

MB mentioned new young leaders stepped up in the playoffs. Gionta's time has passed and I believe hes chasing the money at this point.
Im happy to see the changes but Montreal got to the third round on depth and staying healthy. Need to add more depth.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Man oh man, this nonsense has to stop, Gionta has no business being on top 6, too lazy to play 3rd line, and even less of any business bieng on the 4th.
If in the next few days Bergevins does nothing but not sign Gionta, I'll be a happy camper. Time to move on from this weak leadership era.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Buffalo seems like the answer to our prayers. They need to spend money and want a veteran leader? Well, hot damn. We can't match them bidding for Gionta. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00