Post-Game Talk: Gilligan's Isles @ Capitals - 1:08pm EST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
You can blame just as much on Wilson for his horrendous turnover or Reirden for his team being consistently sloppy for a while now.

Or you can blame Holtby for letting in two of the softest goals ever. The team was up 3-2 and he couldn't stop a beach ball. Sorry, but like I said in the start, Holtby should not be starting anymore and we should look to trade him at the TDL for better defensive players.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Turnovers and holtby were are issue today. First back to back regulation losses. Not a way to end the year, but I don’t think the team is motivated right now.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Ovechkin for being arguably the best goal scorer ever, could stand to be more selfish in extra man situations at the end of games. Maybe the lanes are clogged but F it, we have no time. You gotta shoot.

Reactions: GoCaps2004

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin for being arguably the best goal scorer ever, could stand to be more selfish in extra man situations at the end of games. Maybe the lanes are clogged but F it, we have no time. You gotta shoot.

nothing like a harmless overpass to end all hope....

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Yeah the turnovers were bad but let’s not pretend the Islanders weren’t sloppy as hell either. The difference again was goaltending: one goalie didn’t let in softies and made a few big saves.

Again if this weren’t a 3 year trend I’d chalk it up to a cold streak but this is who Holtby is now and it’s time to see if Samsonov is a better option come April.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Holtby rocking a sub 900 sv% now? Pretty close if not... interestingly enough though the cup year was almost just as bad statistically for him. So who the f*** knows. :dunno:

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I really do wonder what possessed Todd to start Holtby when its clear as day he is struggling like hell right now. He even got murked by the Bruins for crying out loud.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Or you can blame Holtby for letting in two of the softest goals ever. The team was up 3-2 and he couldn't stop a beach ball. Sorry, but like I said in the start, Holtby should not be starting anymore and we should look to trade him at the TDL for better defensive players.
He also made some saves nobody would have blamed him for letting in. Their 1st and 3rd goals were a result of awful, sloppy plays, which is becoming our new norm.

It is no coincidence we are now 2-5 against the Islanders, Blue Jackets, and Carolina combined. Teams that make a living on opponent sloppiness. The fact that the Caps didn't blow Columbus out of the water in their 3rd game was worrisome to me, they should have had plenty of incentive.

We are going to hold on to Blaine freaking Forsythe to our demise, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad