Post-Game Talk: Gilligan's Isles @ Capitals - 1:08pm EST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
As weak as 2 of the goals have been, holtby has still come up with about 5-6 great saves. It’s puzzling. The team in front of him sucks too. And they have for over a month now, despite where they are in the standings.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Just put Holtby on the backburner until mid March and then give him a shot redeeming himself with a deep playoff run and a contract on the line. There's literally a template for this with Grubauer in 2017-2018.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That Kuhnhackl goal wasn't great but Vrana has to be better defensively that shift. He half assed it when he went at the puck carrier to turn it into a 3 0n 2 and then just drifts away from Kuhnhackl while Kuznetsov skates towards him from behind. If Vrana stays in front of the net, Kuhnhackl doens't get that shot off

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The team is turning it over way too much and the team defense is bad. Then when that happens holtby isnt there to save us.

I honestly think the team needs a carrot. We seem to be playing at 70% most of the games lately. It’s like they are just waiting for the playoffs to start.

Reactions: kicksavedave

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The difference today is actually Holtby.

bad goals against.

Other than that caps are winning 65% of faceoffs, more shots on goal, been better 5v5.

Just some weak goals from the goalie. That can make the difference.

I’m not giving up on him tho. He is still a proven awesome goalie who helped win us the cup. He’s not getting any shit from me

crab

Jan 26, 2019
The difference today is actually Holtby.

bad goals against.

Other than that caps are winning 65% of faceoffs, more shots on goal, been better 5v5.

Just some weak goals from the goalie. That can make the difference.

I’m not giving up on him tho. He is still a proven awesome goalie who helped win us the cup. He’s not getting any **** from me

meh the Caps don’t seem to have these issues with Samsonov in net. I could see if the backup was struggling too but it’s been night and day between the two of them.

Reactions: um

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It sure would be nice if we could use the 22 million for a defenseman instead of Hagelin and Panik who have provided nothing this year.

I wont comment on Panik. Hagelin was brought in to improve an awful PK. Ranked 24th last season. Its about the best in the league now. Hagelin brings a lot.

Meanwhile Vrana has gone quietly stone cold frozen. No goal today and its been 10 since he has scored. This is Burakovsky territory

Reactions: Heath

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Forsythe's PP has been essentially useless for a while now. Its best feature at this point is 2 minutes without the other team scoring...most nights.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
im always working during games...so hi everybody
159442583_8028f3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad