Post-Game Talk: Gilligan's Isles @ Capitals - 1:08pm EST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Isles board having fits. Kuzy does the bird celly and then Wilson scores. A double shot of in your face

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Square to the guy at the point? What are you even talking about? He was never in position to make a save. Last time I checked the replay he was dancing salsa in the crease while the puck was getting in. The turnover didn't lead to a breakaway or 2 on 1. It was a basic weak wrist shot.
I have no idea how to respond to something this off base. You’re acting like there was no one in his crease or he wasn’t screened on a deflection.

Nonsense dude. You can be a fan of a player and critique him. Holtby has been struggling for awhile now.
There is a difference between a critique and misrepresenting what is going on.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I have no idea how to respond to something this off base. You’re acting like there was no one in his crease or he wasn’t screened on a deflection.
Sure you don't. It's so obvious the guy's career is slowly rolling down the hill, I don't even blame you. I wouldn't have anything to say either.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Glad the kuzy goal woke them up a bit, also hope it gets kuzy really going. Been a while since the kuzy that can take a game over showed up. Still too many penalties and still too many weak goals by holtby. The first goal was a deflection, the second he just missed with his glove. Should be 2-1 right now

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
holtby hasn’t been great, but you have to be fair, the first goal was a screen and deflection. Looking at the replay it looked like we bumped him too coming across the crease as well.
Seriously, Holtby’s actions are at worst the 4th worst issue any Caps had leading up to that goal.

Acting like I am defending his career or something when I’m just calling you out on a ridiculous take of what actually happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrikingDistance

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm actually shocked Todd is starting Holtby after what happened last game, and the one before.

It scares me for the playoffs.

You mean that Reirden might let Holtby play in the playoffs? Or that Reirden might ditch a goalie after a bad game? Nothing to be scared of here

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You mean that Reirden might let Holtby play in the playoffs? Or that Reirden might ditch a goalie after a bad game? Nothing to be scared of here

I meant if Holtby plays like he did last year will he keep him in or actually pull him? He seems afraid to hurt his feelings or something. :laugh:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Above all else, the Caps have been straight dominating the Isles after that sleepy start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad