Recalled/Assigned: Ghost Returned To Phantoms (October 31, 2014)

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
the kid is going to make mistakes. this isn't NCAA or the AHL. Let the kid play and learn from his mistakes. he wont learn a damn thing stapled to the bench after a mistake. I ****ing hate that mentality.

Not sure I like Hextall's comment about "watching him like a hawk." Sounds like an overprotective parent.....

I get that he wants the young players to develop properly but there is no need to be orthodox about it......

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I was referring more to Berube benching him for a stretch after the Datsyuk goal. Datsyuk has made a ton of players look foolish. many of them much better than Ghost.

Agreed. I've never understood why veteran mistakes are always forgiven much quicker than rookie/young guy mistakes.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I was referring more to Berube benching him for a stretch after the Datsyuk goal. Datsyuk has made a ton of players look foolish. many of them much better than Ghost.

Yeah I realize that but Hextall's comment most likely adds influence to the coach being overprotective and unreasonable as well....

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Hexy's worst case scenario is letting the kid play , and then having him play well enough to not be able to send him down.

That isn't a bad scenario at all. They could just bench/demote MDZ or Schultz. Or trade Grossmann or LSchenn.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That isn't a bad scenario at all. They could just bench/demote MDZ or Schultz. Or trade Grossmann or LSchenn.

What he's saying is Hextall is dead set on returning him to LHV. If they send him down while he is playing well, Hextall will be second guessed.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Pretty sure he'll be sent down if/when Coburn and MacD get healthy. Honestly I don't really have a problem with it either. The most he's ever played in a yr is what like 50 games? He's gonna hit a wall and the struggles might effect his confidence or even worse he could get caught with his head down or something.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What he's saying is Hextall is dead set on returning him to LHV. If they send him down while he is playing well, Hextall will be second guessed.

Hextall doesn't strike me as a guy who cares what people think. Unless it's Snider.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They care about losing games, not what the media writes. Unless media pressure might get them fired, which it won't with Hextall. Not any time soon.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
You're talking about the media. I'm saying in general. If Gostisbehere plays well and the team wins games, its going to be hard to justify sending him back especially when the guys taking his minutes aren't exactly stellar. Thats the point I think Jtown was trying to make.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
As he puts it together, he's going to be an offensive star. You simply can't teach the vision and creativeness that he shows already.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
How did ghost look tonight?

I think its clear as day that he has obvious nhl offensive skill. He made a great risky play where he skated the puck out in front of the net but pulled it off brilliantly. In his zone he looks really unsure of what to do. I didn't see him get manhandled however, but he does not look good in his own zone, very much a liability.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
He's not ready yet. He is serviceable to be sure, but there's no reason not to send him back to LHV once Coburn and MacDonald are healthy.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah..was at the game. He needs some polishing on the defensive end. His mobility and offensive awareness is very NHL....but overall he needs some more work to round out his game.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Yeah..was at the game. He needs some polishing on the defensive end. His mobility and offensive awareness is very NHL....but overall he needs some more work to round out his game.

He's also not strong enough to handle bigger players. He is going to be a stud, but he was a late bloomer to begin with. I expect him to be ready Next season or at the end of the this season. They should of called up Alt like they wanted to. He has at least been a pro for a couple seasons.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Been saying it for awhile. Its going to take time for him to adjust to the speed of the pro game. You can see the skill that he has is something special.
Not surprised he has looked in over his head at times. its going to happen early on.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I am scared to death when he is on the ice in the defensive zone to be honest. He is so tiny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad