Recalled/Assigned: Ghost Returned To Phantoms (October 31, 2014)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
not sure if I am for Ghost putting on 10 pounds right now. He doesn't need to put the weight on. the dude can flat out skate. Don't want to hinder that all. Sure he looks small. So is Krug. leave him alone and let him work on his game in LV.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The biggest thing I saw in Ghost's brief stint is that he's going to have to make some adjustments in his decision-making, not that he needs to add weight. The game moves quicker and he can't get away with some of the stuff that he could in college at the NHL level. Going down to the A and getting lots of playing time is absolutely the right call.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The biggest thing I saw in Ghost's brief stint is that he's going to have to make some adjustments in his decision-making, not that he needs to add weight. The game moves quicker and he can't get away with some of the stuff that he could in college at the NHL level. Going down to the A and getting lots of playing time is absolutely the right call.

And having a year of being coached by Murray is going to help him. Having a guy like Terry Murray at the Ahl, is a luxury. Say what you want about him, but the one thing his teams do are play very structured hockey and know how to defend, something this current team lacks.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
And having a year of being coached by Murray is going to help him. Having a guy like Terry Murray at the Ahl, is a luxury. Say what you want about him, but the one thing his teams do are play very structured hockey and know how to defend, something this current team lacks.

I'm not saying Terry Murray is a good coach at the NHL level, and he might even be the wrong guy at the AHL level to get the most out of a team, but I trust him to develop our players from a defensive standpoint. A lot of players in LA credit him for instilling them with that defensive game all of them seem to have.

He might be the perfect coach to keep around down there if Hexy is dead set on all of our young guys playing in the AHL before they make the big team.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm glad Ghost got a taste of NHL action. Minus a few mistakes, it is clear he will be able to play and maybe dominate at that level one day. He just needs to just keep making strides at the little things, and working on his defensive positioning. He is gonna be a good one. Maybe next year him and Morin could be paired together.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sbisa was just a dud pick. Two organizations thought he was ready to make the jump in back to back years so I'm not buying the whole being rushed theory.

Not really, the Ducks sent him back to juniors in 09-10.

Having Ghost up here seemed to keep Hextall up at night, so I'm glad this mortal crisis was averted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad