Value of: Getzlaf

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Nah, I was talking about the playoffs. I thought it's clear if you take a look at the stats...

dude, you're just wrong. everyone can read this thread and the context, no one brought up the regular season. the conversation was literally started by you saying the Leafs would get Getz his first cup (lol, just so hilariously wrong)

Your comment was literally about having a cup. You said he won a cup as a passenger. How is that about the regular season?

Nah, I was talking about the playoffs. I thought it's clear if you take a look at the stats...

look at his post it said regular season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
dude, you're just wrong. everyone can read this thread and the context, no one brought up the regular season. the conversation was literally started by you saying the Leafs would get Getz his first cup (lol, just so hilariously wrong)

Leafs are pretenders in terms of trying to fit in another contract. Cap hell going to last a few more years before they can add an impact player. Reality but they will keep trying and I don't blame them. If Getzlaf is actually willing to move, Habs can acquire where we ask for less retention and provide better futures vs the Leafs.

Leafs think they can get you to retain, give you spare assets, and also get you to take on contracts to help their cap. Comical

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Leafs are pretenders in terms of trying to fit in another contract. Cap hell going to last a few more years before they can add an impact player. Reality but they will keep trying and I don't blame them. If Getzlaf is actually willing to move, Habs can acquire where we ask for less retention and provide better futures vs the Leafs.

Leafs think they can get you to retain, give you spare assets, and also get you to take on contracts to help their cap. Comical

If a C is going to move, it's going to be Henrique and not Getzlaf. That would also be the one to target, at this point in their careers neither one is a 1C and, even Getzlaf, should be a 2C. Getzlaf is better, but the price to acquire Henrique would likely be significantly less, he's younger, and is on a reasonable contract (not a steal, not overpaid). He led the team in goals and points this year. But if a team were trying to trade for Getzlaf to be the 1C, I think they'd be disappointed. He can't control the game for long periods of time like he used to, there are flashes but they're getting fewer and farther between. That and his wife won't waive his NMC to leave So Cal (unless he really wants to spend a few months away from the kids during the TDL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad