Favorite Jackets Player: vyborny
Favorite NON Jackets Player:
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir):
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: to many to count

Favorite activity: Beer league hockey

Music/Bands You Like: Dave matthews band, grateful dead

Libation of choice
: premium spicy margarita
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Mastodon Ice arena
Being a Dead Head makes you all right in my book.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
i got my 20 year HF member award and dont think ive ever filled this out

(Real) Name: Brandon
Age you act: 13
Sex: m
Birthplace: Newark Ohio
Where you live: Newark Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: is my lack of any
Nationality: german/irish/scottosh/etc
Mode of Transportation: 13 toyota rav4
Job: collision repair
College Attended/Attending: Capital University

How you became a Jackets' fan: the jackets became
Favorite Jackets Player: vyborny
Favorite NON Jackets Player:
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir):
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: to many to count

Favorite activity: Beer league hockey

Music/Bands You Like: Dave matthews band, grateful dead

Libation of choice
: premium spicy margarita
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Mastodon Ice arena

Being a Dead Head makes you all right in my book.
giphy.gif

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
And the auditions for a replacement Viqsi's Favorite Blue Jacket have been ongoing ever since Atkinson left and are showing no signs of coming to a resolution anytime soon, if ever. :(
That's just because there are so many great looking candidates from all three Russian forwards to Mo and more up and comers.

Or are you waiting for Cam to come back and finish his career here?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And the auditions for a replacement Viqsi's Favorite Blue Jacket have been ongoing ever since Atkinson left and are showing no signs of coming to a resolution anytime soon, if ever. :(

C'mon now, we all know it's going to be Brindley.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I have not been as bullish on Brindley as others here precisely because I fear becoming too attached and ending up disappointed like I have with several other candidates. :(

That's the perils of getting attached to players that size. I'm still bummed that Blanks couldn't keep his health/ top form.

Brindley has legitimately higher injury risk the way he plays.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
STOP REMINDING ME :cry:

How about Gudbranson? I feel bad for him that he is nobody’s favorite player. And now he has a kid. Do you want that kid to grow up knowing that his dad was nobody’s favorite player? C’mon. Pick Gudbranson. Get Gudbranson tattooed on your neck. Get your picture in the paper with your Gudbranson jersey and Gudbranson tattoo. Let the kid be proud of dad.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Once again a thread is hijacked. How about that Super Bowl? How is Mateychuk doing? Is Rick Nash ready to be GM? Endless possibilities to discuss here.

In keeping with the thread topic this is an example of my grumpiness.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I'll get us back on track:

Name: I have now changed my name to ThirdPeriodTurtle (thanks to somebody in the TB GDT for reminding me!), at least that has some meaning instead of the word bacon which was just random to anonymize myself here (isn't it funny how coming up with nicknames and pet names gets so much harder as you age). I don't even like bacon that much. Turtles are cool though. Donatello all the way.
Age you act: the same I guess
Sex: M
Birthplace: Finland
Where you live: Finland
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Long hair for the first time in my life, I have had to switch the manly 3-in-1 shampoo to an actual conditioner and I'm not a fan of that extra maintenance, so short hair is on the cards in the summer again.
Nationality: Finnish
Mode of Transportation: Bicycle
Job: Classified because I like an air of anonymity and I want our AI overlords to have a challenge trying to decipher it.
Pet Peeve: I am a stickler for grammar and I hate hate hate how widespread the mistakes have become here and everywhere else on the internet. I'm past their-there-they're and its-it's, my biggest pet peeve right now is then-than, it's more common to see it wrong than right... It's all starting to spread to 'proper' media outlets too. NHL.com is slowly devolving. And it's the same here in the local media too, slowly but surely our languages are becoming harder to understand and less accurate. I hope the French are able to hold the fort.

How you became a Jackets' fan: I actually do not know. I've followed the team since the early days of Korpisalo and Nutivaara. I think I was a fan before the Laine trade but of course that had a positive effect too. There is an interesting aspect here that I've always liked the American flag, and have cheered for most Americans in sports (e.g. Michael Johnson). So the current CBJ logo and jerseys felt right at home for me, heh.

Favorite Jackets Player: Would've been Korpisalo but now I don't know. Laine if he was fully healthy and having fun and playing to the best of his abilities, but that's probably not going to happen now. I have a fondness for Marchenko, I like his attitude to the game and life. If I'd get a new jersey, it'd be his. So him.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Current ones - Barkov, Rantanen, Aho.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): None but I use my CBJ hat almost daily in the winter.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: One local jersey and a #29 Laine Fanatics one.

Video Game Systems Owned: All after PS2
Favorite Game(s): -
Music/Bands You Like: 80s hair bands, pop, rock, metal
Favorite Movie(s): -
Favorite TV Show: I watch way too much TV and am well-versed in most TV and pop culture topics. One recent surprise favorite would be Kim's Convenience on Netflix.
Favorite Food: Smoked salmon
Libation of choice: None
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Eh, none. I am not a fan of what the internet has become. I have a Twitter account with some NHL follows in case I get bored but I don't post anything and every time I use it I feel like I lose a brain cell or two in the process.

How I got into hockey: Hockey is pretty common in Finland, so it's hard to pinpoint a specific moment. I remember jumping up and down on my bed when Finland played and won against Sweden in the 1995 World Championship, which was a big moment for the country and my young self. I was into NHL a little earlier than that, I remember watching the 1994 Stanley Cup finals and it was great (Bure, Richter are players I distinctly remember). My favorite teams back then were the Red Wings, I adored their creative plays. Yzerman and Fedorov were my favs, I loved Yzerman's passing plays. Finns usually like teams where other Finns play so most of those teams were also on my list but the Red Wings and maybe the Blackhawks (Belfour was my fav goalie, I've always been partial to the goalie position) were the biggest ones. Shudder... My interest in the NHL (and the local league) started to wane in 1999-2000 I think, and I pretty quickly forgot all about it. I did not actively follow the league when the Blue Jackets joined. I have played all of six months of junior hockey before high school age, I wasn't good enough and it was too serious for my liking. These days I play other team sports like floorball and football (soccer). I got back into following the NHL maybe five years ago and have been more serious about it since 2021 I suppose.

My #HFCBJ journey: I think I lurked for a year or two before I registered an actual account. I registered after the Johnny UFA signing. Maybe I was hopeful that we'd be on an upwards trajectory and it would be fun to jump on the bandwagon? :D That worked out well.

My Columbus journey: I will be visiting Columbus for a week in the beginning of April (home games against COL, NYI, PHI). I'm combining a business + pleasure trip and will be traveling from the West Coast towards Columbus with a few hops on the way (two CBJ games at Vegas and Arizona, in fact!). Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Name: I have now changed my name to ThirdPeriodTurtle (thanks to somebody in the TB GDT for reminding me!), at least that has some meaning instead of the word bacon which was just random to anonymize myself here (isn't it funny how coming up with nicknames and pet names gets so much harder as you age). I don't even like bacon that much. Turtles are cool though. Donatello all the way.
Paging @Leonardo87...
How you became a Jackets' fan: I actually do not know. I've followed the team since the early days of Korpisalo and Nutivaara. I think I was a fan before the Laine trade but of course that had a positive effect too. There is an interesting aspect here that I've always liked the American flag, and have cheered for most Americans in sports (e.g. Michael Johnson). So the current CBJ logo and jerseys felt right at home for me, heh.
This is the part where I am obliged to inform you that that's the state flag of Ohio. ;)

330px-Columbus_Blue_Jackets_logo.svg.png
383px-Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png

My Columbus journey: I will be visiting Columbus for a week in the beginning of April (home games against COL, NYI, PHI). I'm combining a business + pleasure trip and will be traveling from the West Coast towards Columbus with a few hops on the way (two CBJ games at Vegas and Arizona, in fact!). Looking forward to it!
Nice. Hope y'all have fun here. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad