Proposal: Getting Rogers Arena LOUDER?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I'll repost this here since it's more relevant than a GDT:

For the record, the whole "Canucks games are held in a library" thing is overblown. In addition to Vancouver, I have been to games in:

Montreal
Toronto
Buffalo
Long Island
Ottawa
Columbus
Manhattan
Pittsburgh (Crosby era)

The only ones noticeably more boisterous than Vancouver (and granted, it's been a while) were Montreal and Madison Square Garden. The others were comparable or more sedate.

The TV microphones make it seem worse than it is -- they do seem quieter for whatever reason -- but I think a lot of the fans harping on the noise levels in Vancouver may not have much to compare it to.

And for the record, pound-for-pound the most enthusiastic fans I've seen given the product? Fans of the ECHL's former Columbus (GA) Cottonmouths, on the Georgia-Alabama border.

*Injektilo

Dec 19, 2005
Vancouver
Those are not hockey fans. Real hockey fans are quiet as they're "studying" the play. Have you learned nothing from this thread?

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I'll repost this here since it's more relevant than a GDT:

For the record, the whole "Canucks games are held in a library" thing is overblown. In addition to Vancouver, I have been to games in:

Montreal
Toronto
Buffalo
Long Island
Ottawa
Columbus
Manhattan
Pittsburgh (Crosby era)

The only ones noticeably more boisterous than Vancouver (and granted, it's been a while) were Montreal and Madison Square Garden. The others were comparable or more sedate.

The TV microphones make it seem worse than it is -- they do seem quieter for whatever reason -- but I think a lot of the fans harping on the noise levels in Vancouver may not have much to compare it to.

And for the record, pound-for-pound the most enthusiastic fans I've seen given the product? Fans of the ECHL's former Columbus (GA) Cottonmouths, on the Georgia-Alabama border.

We can compare it to other Canuck eras though. The building was noticeably louder during the WCE era and first two Luongo seasons. Do you think fans have become more quiet across the whole league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad