Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
(Real) Name: :sarcasm:
Age you act: 22

Sex: M
Birthplace: Dallas, TX
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I sport a very impressive Dad Body. Who needs to hit the gym when you have beer to make you feel good?
Nationality: German/British Isles
Mode of Transportation: grey van(s)
Job: food service :shakehead
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Moved to Columbus in 2007, my very first friend in my new neighborhood was a die hard CBJ fan. Took me to my first CBJ game for his birthday. Didn't become a die hard for a couple years after that though.
Favorite Jackets Player: Tough one, but I'll go with Dubinsky. Nothing about his game to dislike.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I don't really know.. Tuukka Rask and Steven Stamkos seem like solid choices. Bryzgalov and Ovechkin seem like fun guys.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Signed Dubinsky puck.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ Alternate (blank), Tyler Seguin Boston jersey, Derek Roy Buffalo jersey, Brandon Dubinsky NYR jersey (winter classic), Sheldon Souray Edmonton jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: N64, PS2 and PS3, Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): EA NHL series
Music/Bands You Like: August Burns Red, Underoath (RIP), A Day to Remember
Favorite Movie(s): Good Will Hunting, Anchorman, Goon, Hotrod, Into the Wild, The Departed.. (I have a big list on my phone of movies that I like but these are some that stick out)
Favorite TV Show: House of Cards, The League
Favorite Food: Texas BBQ
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Haven't used my twitter in a long time and mostly only followed people I knew IRL but @DanyAllStar15 was pretty funny

Anything Else: I spend way too much time on my computer talking and reading about the Jackets

Thats hilarious. :handclap:

CentreKeeper12

TheCentreKeeper
May 24, 2009
Columbus, OH
(Real) Name: Tony
Age you act: 7
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I look like I should wear a paper bad over my head at all time
Nationality: Italian
Mode of Transportation: hitchhike
Job: Restaurant: Sales
College Attended/Attending: OSU

How you became a Jackets' fan: Pens fan before CBJ
Favorite Jackets Player: Letestu, JJ and Wiz
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Mikko Koivu
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Sign Goalie Bob stick
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: JJ Home
Video Game Systems Owned: A lot. Like almost all major ones released and a few obscure ones
Favorite Game(s): Pokemon
Music/Bands You Like: Country
Favorite TV Show: The Blacklist/ Cutthroat Kitchen
Favorite Food: Whatever I feel like cooking
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I don't use twitter no more

Anything Else: I know card magic tricks

CBJFitzy

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus, OH
Birthplace: Stoughton, Mass
Where you live: Worthington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm a little undersized, but I'm scrappy
Nationality: Irish
Mode of Transportation: Mazda6
Job: Lobbyist
College Attended/Attending: Wittenberg University
How you became a Jackets fan: I grew up in Bangor, Maine as a huge University of Maine hockey fan. I liked the Bruins but I was not a serious NHL fan when I moved to Columbus in 2001. My first game was opening night 2002 and I have been hooked ever since.
Favorite Jackets Player: Goalie Bob and Matt Calvert
Favorite NON Jackets Player: None currently - my favorite player ever was Paul Kariya thanks to his 100 point season at Maine in 92-93.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I'm not a big collectibles guy - but was happy to get a great photo of my daughter meeting her favorite player #11. Couldn't have been a nicer guy.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: My closet is the land of terrible jersey decisions. Currently have Nash, Foote and Filatov (what was I thinking??). I am anxiously waiting for the day that I can get new nameplates on those suckers.
Video Game Systems Owned: For the first time since 7th grade I don't own any video game system. My xBox 360 broke last year and my wife won't allow me to replace it.
Favorite Game(s): NCAA Football
Anything Else: I have been mostly a lurker around here for a number of years. Hoping to be more active this season.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
(Real) Name: Kory
Birthplace: Rhaunen, Germany
Where you live: Coldwater, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Always wearing a hockey jersey
Nationality: German/American
Mode of Transportation: 2000 Chevy Malibu
Job: Registered Nurse
College Attended/Attending: Indiana Wesleyan University

How you became a Jackets' fan: I would watch a couple of Jackets games a year on television in their starting years, but I couldn't get myself to watch that disaster consistently when I was 11. Dad started going to games in 2009, took me to a couple games in 2010-2011. At that point, I started to watch games and became a bigger fan.
Favorite Jackets Player: Matt Calvert
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Alexander Ovechkin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none for me - XHCSA tossed my daughter a puck that had come out of play into the bench
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Too many.. Current third Jersey-Matt Calvert. Current home jersey- Ryan Johansen. Away jersey from years ago Rick Nash. R.J. Umberger home jersey 10th season. Pittsburgh Penguins Winter Classic Jersey 2 years ago- Sidney Crosby.
Game worn away jersey- Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre. Game worn home (preseason, and likely regular season) 2013-2014 Cody Goloubef. Game worn away 2013 Matt Calvert

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, hopefully PS4 shortly
Favorite Game(s): NHL 14, NBA 2k, Madden's
Music/Bands You Like: Linkin Park, Five Finger Death Punch, Any rock music.
Favorite Movie(s): Any superhero movie out there
Favorite TV Show: Walking Dead
Favorite Food: JackDaddy's Burger at Bdubs.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: The Columbus Blue Jacket's twitter handle's postings.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
(Real) Name: Don
Age you act: Thereabouts
Birthplace: Steubenville, OH
Where you live: Washington, DC
Mode of Transportation: '07 Audi A3
Job: Retired
College Attended/Attending: Miami U., OSU grad
How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan, then the NHL came to my town!
Favorite Jackets Player: Espen Knutsen
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jean Beliveau
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original roady
Music/Bands You Like: eclectic, from opera to doo wop
Favorite Movie(s): Life of Brian
Favorite TV Show: Elementary
Favorite Food: Italian, Asian, Middle Eastern
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: no Twitter

Anything Else: i was a 15 year STO until our move to DC. I check in here every day, though I don't post much, so this is my major source of Jackets news. I depend on you folks, so don't screw things up (too much).

FlavortownGrinder

Feb 11, 2015
(Real) Name: Tyler
Age you act: Thereabouts
Birthplace: Chillicothe, OH
Where you live: Chillicothe, OH
Nationality: White American
Mode of Transportation: '07 Ford F-150
Job: Call Center
College Attended/Attending: Wilmington College / Columbus State
How you became a Jackets' fan: I had a friend who was a big hockey fan - got introduced to the sport in 2009 and only REALLY got into it around 2013.
Favorite Jackets Player: Nick Foligno
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Shayne Gostisbehere
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Generic CBJ Away circa 2002, novelty Heisenberg (Breaking Bad), novelty Homer (Simpsons), Matt Sundin Pokerstars... that's about it... can't really afford jerseys - got all of these for $5 or less
Music/Bands You Like: Classic Rock, Grunge, Alternative, Alt-Country, Folk
Favorite Movie(s): Into the Wild
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad
Favorite Food: Mexican / Tex-Mex
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Don't pay attention to Twitter much

I'm a really exciting person, I know.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
(Real) Name: Anthony
Age you act: Varies.
Birthplace: Austin, TX
Where you live: Split time between St. Louis, MO, and Columbus
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Always squinting due to vision problems, thick red beard
Nationality: White American
Mode of Transportation: Feet, or whatever my friend or Uber driver is driving.
Job: Singer
College Attended/Attending: Capital University, WashU St. Louis

How you became a Jackets' fan: Funny story. I attended some Chill games as a kid. I watched the inaugural game on TV. We all know how that went, and I thought, "Huh, well I'll see you guys when you get good. Fast-forward to 2007-2008, when the team didn't totally suck to start the season. I heard that some guy named "Rick Nash" had had a "Gordie Howe hat trick, and I started watching again, and haven't stopped following them since.
Favorite Jackets Player: Boone
Favorite NON Jackets Player: None- they are the enemy. In all seriousness, though, Voracek, and Getzlaf for non-former Blue Jackets.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I don't really have much, except a winter hat. Also, my desktop image is Johansen, Wisniewski, and Jenner jumping in the air after that OT win.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

Video Game Systems Owned: Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, PS1, GameCube, Dreamcast
Favorite Game(s): Doom, Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear
Music/Bands You Like: Opera (especially pre-~1975), oldies, Beatles, Elton John, Eagles, some country
Favorite Movie(s): Dumb and Dumber
Favorite TV Show: Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped (formerly Walker Texas Ranger)
Favorite Food: Everything is better fried.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Uhhh... Who's more interesting, Portzline or Shawn Mitchell?

Other: I actually met McElhinney before he was part of the organization. He's the only player I've met.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Name: Nick V
Age you act: 21
Birthplace: Westerville, OH
Where you live: Powell / Athens Ohio
Mode of Transportation: 2015 Kia Rio
Job: N/A
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University
How you became a Jackets' fan: Parents
Favorite Jackets Player: Brandon Saad
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Patrik Elias

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Updatin' time!

(Real) Name: Jo
Age you act: late twenties
Sex: F trans
Birthplace: Columbus, OH (on the tOSU campus)
Where you live: Upper Arlington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Size.
Nationality: 1/5 German Jew, 1/5 other German, 1/5 English, 1/5 Something From That Madness Zone South Of The Baltic (probably Polish or Russian), 1/5 random other.
Mode of Transportation: '04 Buick Century.
Job: Programming work at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
College Attended/Attending: BGSU.

How you became a Jackets' fan: Listening to George Matthews on CD101 on trips back and forth from Washington Court House; details here. Never been hooked on anything so quickly in my life.
Favorite Jackets Player: Oh, just about every blueliner. And Cam Atkinson.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: A lot of Preds as they're my #2 team (particularly Ryan Ellis, with HM to Craig Smith).
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Nothing in particular.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original and that's it.

Video Game Systems Owned: My laptop's got a bunch of emulators on it. ;)
Favorite Game(s): Does tabletop roleplaying count? :D Currently finally getting around to playing Pillars of Eternity.
Music/Bands You Like: Highly variable, but mostly indie-rock and similarly influenced material.
Favorite Movie(s): Whichever one I go see when I visit friends in the Nashville area around New Year's.
Favorite TV Show: Apart from hockey and college football, I haven't watched TV regularly in over fifteen years.
Favorite Food: Americanized Asian, non-spicy. Beyond that, pretty much anything involving chicken. Or salmon.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Don Cherry - both the parody (@DonCherryParody) and the guy himself (@CoachsCornerCBC). Still not sure which one is more absurd.

Anything Else: I'm a trannie freak and part-time furry, so I'm one of those types the Internet used to enjoy pointing and laughing at. The surest sign that I'm getting old is that making fun of my quirks is now considered passé and unoriginal. :scared:

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Age you act: I'm told 14
Where you live: Hilliard, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm 6' 2" 177 lbs
Mode of Transportation: Honda Pilot
Job: Garage door sales
College Attended/Attending: None. I know how money works and did not feel like going into debt

How you became a Jackets' fan: since the team was announced
Favorite Jackets Player: Jones, Werenski, Bjorkstrand
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Shea Weber
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): None
Video Game Systems Owned: PS4
Favorite Game(s): NHL '16
Music/Bands You Like: All
Favorite TV Show: t.v. blows
Favorite Food: anything spicy
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I don't use twitter

Anything Else: I have a 50 lbs Plott Hound named Catfish

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
(Real) Name: Scott
Age you act: I range all over the place. So, I will just say 17
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: My hair
Nationality: German/Greek
Mode of Transportation: Getting a new one. Pontiac Grand Prix
Job: None
College Attended/Attending: Not Committed

Wtf this was 4 years ago. I was so young.

Age you act: Depends on the day. I'll just say 21.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Hair still.
Nationality: Greek/German
Mode of Transportation: Still got my Grand Prix.
Job: Took orders at Gengi Go for a few years. Now unemployed.
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University, going into senior year studying Communications under Data Analysis and Practice.

How you became a Jackets' fan: When I went to my first game with my dad.
Favorite Jackets Player: Jenner, Wennberg
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ryan Johansen
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Lots of signed pucks I guess.
Favorite Game(s): NBA 2k series, Battlefront, NHL series, GTA series
Music/Bands You Like: I listen to everything. But I guess Rise Against.
Favorite TV Show: Gotham, The Office, South Park, Family Guy
Favorite Food: Pizza and Chicken Parm
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I follow only official NHL twitter stuff and friends from school.

Other: I guess the coolest thing about me would be that I've been together with my high school sweetheart since prior to my senior year of high school. We have an apartment we rent together on campus during the school year for the past two years, and have a little puppy together now. We do everything together because she's also my best friend. Yay for sap stories.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
(Real) Name: Randy
Age you act: varies - anywhere from 30-60
Sex: STILL M. :)
Birthplace: Columbus, the Bottoms
Where you live: COLUMBUS
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Angel Miguel Jimenez Gut (BUT LESS)
Mode of Transportation: ACADIA
Job: RETIRED Insurance Exec (disclaimer - not Nationwide)
College Attended/Attending: Case

How you became a Jackets' fan: Hockey for life - Grew up watching 6 team NHL games when on and attending almost every Checkers game
Favorite Jackets Player: Bob, CAMTASTIC, SETH
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pavel Datsyuk. DARN, LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE
Favorite All Time Players: St. Patrick & the Roadrunner (COURNOYER)
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Actually it's a goalie stick from Gordon Dibley in the Chex days
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 2 Jackets, 1 Habs & Cincinnati Cyclones

Video Game Systems Owned: Old school- Superman Pinball Machine (SOLD WHEN I MOVED TO CONDO)
Favorite Game(s): Risk, YAHTZEE
Music/Bands You Like: Dead, Bowie, Who, Smiths, Pretenders, Marshall Crenshaw, Coletrane, Cocktail Slippers
Favorite Movie(s): To Kill a Mockingbird, Scent of a Woman, Animal House
Favorite TV Show: "24" & Blacklist. BATTLEBOTS!
Favorite Food: Almost any seafood (no sea urchin please)
Favorite Beverage: Bourbon (ANGELS ENVY)
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Nah...STILL

Other: Fun is Gazing at the ocean or teeing it up (VERTEBRAE FRACTURE BOUNCED ME FROM THE COURSE, PROBABLY DOING THE GOLFWORLD A FAVOR)

A few updates were in order as indicated is caps.....a by the way to Pete - I'm a huge Underground Garage fan too. Kid Leo was my man on radio in my CWRU days.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
(Real) Name: David
Age you act: How many drinks have I had?
Birthplace: Columbus OH
Where you live: Brooklyn NY
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: skinny
Nationality: Welsh, German, some Slav
Mode of Transportation: 2000 VW Jetta VR6, MTA
Job: Head Preparator at an art gallery, painter
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State (BFA), Hunter Collge/City University of New York (MFA), University of North Texas (MLIS)
How you became a Jackets' fan: see: Birthplace
Favorite Jackets Player: tough one. Jones, Matty, Boone
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Subban, Ovi
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Just a hat, original logo ballcap
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: no jerseys

Video Game Systems Owned: nada
Favorite Game(s): China Miner, Wasteland
Music/Bands You Like: Nick Cave, Jimmie Rodgers, Bessie Smith and lots more
Favorite Movie(s): Apocalypse Now
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones is very good, Veep kills it, Deadwood
Favorite Food: In a perfect world, I'd eat seafood every day.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Twitter?

Anything Else: I like to read a lot- primarily literature and novels these days. Currently devouring Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series.

But most importantly, I'm the proud papa of 2 young girls.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
(Real) Name: Kevin
Age you act: Like I'm an Old Guy
Birthplace: Central Ohio
Where you live: Old Guy's Home - VA
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm an Old Guy
Nationality: Caucasian - More Scottish than anything else.
Mode of Transportation: The Old Folks bus
Job: Don't do that anymore since I became an Old Guy
College Attended/Attending: Franklin University College of Knowledge - but that was a long time ago.

How you became a Jackets' fan: Excited when franchise was announced in 1997. Was ready for something in town other than OSU.
Favorite Jackets Player: Never really thought about it. Probably Boone Jenner or Matt Calvert.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Good question - Easier to tell you who I DON'T like. If I have to choose I'll take Stamkos. Admire Toews.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Got some stuff from the inagural Season, you know.....old stuff.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: A couple originals, the original third. None have a name. Only named jersey I have is a #12 Green Bay Packers - authentic Aaron Rodgers

Video Game Systems Owned: None. Old Guys don't play
Favorite Game(s): See above
Music/Bands You Like: Arena Rock - you know....what old guys listened to back in the day.
Favorite Movie(s): Shawshank Redemption, Unforgiven, anything that is short on, or has no special effects, and is strong on character development. Add a twisting plot line and good triumph over evil, then I'm all in.
Favorite TV Show: Like movies....the people that make this crap haven't had an original thought in years. I've seen all the mayhem, murder, lying, cheating, stealing and sex I really care to see. Usually watch hockey and football. Basketball and baseball bore me to tears.
Favorite Food: Prunes and BOOST......just kidding. Prolly pizza.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @KeeperofTheCup
Anything Else:Very active in church. Participate in several bible studies. Do a lot of volunteer work. Very active in prison ministry. Some of my best friends have been convicted of murder, rape, and drugs (or combination thereof). I could tell stories that would have your jaw on the floor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rQXOL2Gjns It is the most rewarding work I have ever done.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: 35
Birthplace: Columbus OH
Where you live: Kernersville NC
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: HANDSOME
Nationality: German, Irish
Mode of Transportation: 2016 Accord
Job: Retired
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State, Concordia Sem
How you became a Jackets' fan: see: Birthplace
Favorite Jackets Player: Wennberg
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Tony Esposito
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Jersey, t-shirt
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Jackets

Video Game Systems Owned: too old for that
Favorite Game(s): Was Call of Duty
Music/Bands You Like: Old rock
Favorite Movie(s): Godfather
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Everybody Loves Raymond, Scorpion
Favorite Food: Pizza, Fish, Hamburgers and Cake
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: too many

Anything Else: I like to read a ton, all non fiction. Husband, father and in process of being a priest, huge move from Lutheran to Orthodox.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Name: Jill
Age you act: Been teaching 7th grade for 32 years. So, I have middle school humor and a short attention span.
Sex: F
Birthplace: Cleveland
Where you live: Delaware
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: BRAND NEW right knee. Had it replaced this spring. TKR isn't for sissies, folks.
Nationality: French and Slovak
Mode of Transportation: Gas and go kinda girl. Never cared about what I drive.
Job: English teacher heading into final year before spring 2017 retirement.
College Attended/Attending: Undergrad at Miami of Ohio, Masters at Ashland

How you became a Jackets' fan: My kids begged me to take them, so I sprang for $10 seats a few times. Really got into it since as a Clevelander, the whole Buckeye mania escapes me. A loooong way past my $10 seats, I now have a full season in Club 4 and half season in 113.
Favorite Jackets Player: Jake, Cam, Matty and I love the way Boone plays.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Kopitar
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Game used "RIP Locomotive" embroidered Tyutin glove
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Oh crap, I have 17 jerseys, but have only paid for 5. I have uncanny luck at winning stuff.
Video Game Systems Owned: None
Favorite Game(s): None
Music/Bands You Like: Not into music much. I do like Ac/Dc, Queen, and the Eagles.
Favorite TV Shows: VEEP, Scandal, American Pickers, Chopped, but mostly get Netflix movies.
Favorite Movie: Out of Africa, Sandlot, Princess Bride
Favorite Food: Seafood.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I follow mostly hockey people.

Anything Else: Travel is my passion. I am looking forward to traveling in months other than June, July, and August after I retire. :handclap: My husband and I are looking forward to the West Coast CBJ US and Canada trips.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
(Real) Name: Jim
Age you act: 47
Birthplace: Pittsburgh, PA
Where you live: Ostrander, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: You know. The guy. With the shirt.
Nationality: German/British Isles/Native American
Mode of Transportation: Ford F150 Daughter drives the truck now since I work downtown now - I drive the Versa.
Job: media hack still a media hack despite moving job locations, church musician
College Attended/Attending: Otterbein College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan introduced to the game by my dad, a one-time Pittsburgh Hornets season ticket holder - made decision to bump Pens off the pedestal when CBJ joined the NHL
Favorite Jackets Player: thinking it's going to be Foligno, but withholding judgment yep, Nicky, and Matty, and Jones
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Manny Malhotra among ex-Jackets - Kris Letang, Ryan Suter, prob not Suter anymore, maybe Kuznetsov or Hertl?
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none for me - XHCSA tossed my daughter a puck that had come out of play into the bench
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, Pens, Chill, Leafs #29 Potvin

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): Mario Kart don't really play it any more
Music/Bands You Like: Fave "new" artists from last 10 years = Needtobreathe, The Gaslight Anthem, Jeff Black, Coheed & Cambria, Mae, Swicthfoot, Ellie Holcomb
Favorite Movie(s): Caddyshack, Holy Grail
Favorite TV Show: Barney Miller
Favorite Food: surf & turf with a nice British stout
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: my Twitter is for work so it's pretty calm (can use all the followers I can get, though! - PM me for handle) I added a personal Twitter so I could follow the Ghost of Nationwide.

Anything Else: I don't always post on internet message forums, but when I do, it's on HFBoards

A few minor updates. Except my age. That hasn't changed and I'm not turning 50 in 2 weeks.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
(Real) Name: Bill
Age you act: I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now
Sex: M - alternative answer: whenever possible
Birthplace: NJ
Where you live: Texas but hopefully not for long
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: More chins than a Chinese phone book
Nationality: German/English/Irish
Mode of Transportation: Hyundai
Job: semi-retired but looking back to the grindstone
College Attended: Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan:
When they showed up
Favorite Jackets Player:open for consideration
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Datsyuk
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): The only thing I think I have is a team photo handed out at a game
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: None

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): Clue,Boggle,Pictionary & Balderdash
Music/Bands You Like: Springsteen, Dylan,Emmylou Harris,Lucinda Williams, Tom Russell, Dave Alvin,Ray Bonneville, the list goes on + Paul Simon and a bunch of old country guys Willie, Merel, Townes Van Zant, Guy Clark
Favorite Movie(s): Goodfellas, Shawshank, Schindler's List
Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad, Homeland,Boardwalk Empire,+ Sopranos, The Wire, The Chicago series=PD, Fire & Med and American Ninja Warrior.
Favorite Food: Whatever is in front of me
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: nobody

Anything Else:
If it takes the Jackets as long to win the Cup as it did the Kings, I really hope there is an afterlife and that where ever I'll be has a good cable package

Updates in bold.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Dang, EspenK....you fooled me. I thought you were a young spud, not one of us old guys! :laugh:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Changes for me in the last 2 years.. I'm now 26 and changed jobs. I work as a med/surg nurse at a local community hospital. I ended up purchasing a new car (2010 Chevy Malibu). I still run the occasional half marathons. I've been attending more Blue Jacket's games the last couple seasons now that I only have to work 3 nights a week. I own a PS4 and still play NHL 16 quite a bit since I work night shift and there's nothing to do at 2 am on my nights off work.

I am now in my first relationship. I got a random facebook message last August from her sister who works at the same hospital I do, basically playing matchmaker. We've been dating for 8 months now. So, I decided to cut down the time I spend watching sports to make time to see her.. I took her to her first hockey game last year to see the Penguins vs the Jackets. Hoping to take her to a couple more games this year.

slacketbacker

Oct 25, 2005
USA
(Real) Name: Scott
Age you act: 33 (just can’t drink like I used to)
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I only shave when it’s a work day.
Nationality: English/Italian.
Mode of Transportation: 14 Cadillac CTS
Job: Real Estate Attorney
College Attended: The Ohio State University/Capital Law School

How you became a Jackets' fan: High School buddies always played, they would take me to Chill games and say “just wait till you see an NHL game!â€. Then my friend was the first hire of the Blue Jackets as General Counsel. Saw first game against Chicago and was hooked. Sister in law dated Quint and meeting other players got my wife hooked.
Favorite Jackets Player: Kevin Dineen, Brandon Dubinsky & Hartnell
Favorite NON Jackets Player: P.K. Subban, Ovechkin, Patrick Roy, Steve Yzerman
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Luke Richardson game worn jersey/sweater (won at Jacket's motorcycle event) and my wife has a Dineen jersey where she had them put a “C†on the front (she was always pissed he was never our Captain).
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original (w/and w/o Stinger), 3rd Jersey, Dubinsky and Luke Richardson game worn.

Favorite Game(s): Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Fallout4
Music/Bands You Like: Music is my passion, play bass guitar and I’m a deadhead. Started going to Dead shows in 85: Grateful Dead, Phish, Traffic, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Pavement, Courtney Barnett, Bill Evans Trio, Soul Coughing, Bob Marley, Sizzle Kalonji, Culture, Burning Spear, Sinatra and Sade.
Favorite Movie(s): The Big Blue, Godfather I & II, Holy Grail
Favorite TV Show: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Lost, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, Alone & Survivor
Favorite Food: Italian, Mexican, Lebanese, Greek and Indian (in that order) . . . and Chocolate
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: No twitter, just FB (in real life and as a troll).

Anything Else: One wife, no kids. Married 22 yrs and still going to Dead and Phish shows on the regular. I Love: Live Music, the Turks and Caicos Islands, London, Football, Hockey, Marijuana and Travel. Created this account so many years ago and never post, but I enjoy reading your stuff. Thanks All!

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wtf this was 4 years ago. I was so young.

Age you act: Depends on the day. I'll just say 21.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Hair still.
Nationality: Greek/German
Mode of Transportation: Still got my Grand Prix.
Job: Took orders at Gengi Go for a few years. Now unemployed.
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University, going into senior year studying Communications under Data Analysis and Practice.

How you became a Jackets' fan: When I went to my first game with my dad.
Favorite Jackets Player: Jenner, Wennberg
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ryan Johansen
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Lots of signed pucks I guess.
Favorite Game(s): NBA 2k series, Battlefront, NHL series, GTA series
Music/Bands You Like: I listen to everything. But I guess Rise Against.
Favorite TV Show: Gotham, The Office, South Park, Family Guy
Favorite Food: Pizza and Chicken Parm
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I follow only official NHL twitter stuff and friends from school.

Other: I guess the coolest thing about me would be that I've been together with my high school sweetheart since prior to my senior year of high school. We have an apartment we rent together on campus during the school year for the past two years, and have a little puppy together now. We do everything together because she's also my best friend. Yay for sap stories.
You and I are very similar. Right down to the girlfriend story, except we have a cat and a rabbit instead of a dog. :laugh:

Name: Daniel
Age you act: Probably 25
Birthplace: San Diego, CA
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Dad bod, but working on it.
Nationality: Middle Eastern and European
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Accord
Job: Currently interning at Ford in their IT department.
College Attended/Attending: Miami University, 3 semesters left. Graduating a semester early, studying Computer Science.

How you became a Jackets' fan: When I went to my first game with my dad when I was about 5. We lost to the Oilers 3-0 but I was instantly hooked and started playing hockey immediately. Funnily enough, because the Jackets didn't score a goal that game, the next game I went to I had no idea what was happening when we scored. :laugh:
Favorite Jackets Player: Ray Whitney (all time), currently Jenner, and Bjork
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Austin Czarnik, Louis Belpedio (both Miami players)
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I don't have much, but I have a Steve Mason signed mini stick that's kinda cool I guess.
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox One
Favorite Game(s): NHL series, racing games, other sports games, Skyrim
Music/Bands You Like: I listen to mostly everything. Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Rise Against, etc
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy, Parks and Rec, Breaking Bad, Criminal Minds
Favorite Food: Roosters is my favorite restaurant, but I also enjoy Indian and Middle Eastern food.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I have exactly 0 social media accounts, which I guess would be my interesting fact as well. I don't see the point of it, and think it's arguably detrimental to society, so that sets me apart from a lot of people my age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad