Louisville, KY
Name: 2 Chainz aka tity Boi
Age you act: 21
Sex: M
Birthplace: College Park GA
Where you live: All over
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Long hair, always wearing 2 chainz
Nationality: Afircan American
Mode of Transportation: plane, chopper, Bentley I don't care.
Job: Rapper

How you became a Jackets' fan: Been a Sens fan all my life but the sens board has something against rappers cheering for their team, so gotta go with my second team
Favorite Jackets Player: Dorsett That boy throws them like a boss
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Karlsson That boy has wheels damn
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): All my jerseys, but my fav is probably my Jackets logo on my white Bentley coupe same color as mayonnaise
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: All the Blue jackets players

Video Game Systems Owned: xbox, Ps3
Favorite Game(s): NHL 13
Music/Bands You Like: Myself
Favorite Movie(s): Gladiator
Favorite TV Show: Love that How I met your mother, that clown Barney is jjkkkssss
Favorite Food: South American BBQ!
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: @EverythingPAWG

Five years on HF boards?? That is good enough for me.... welcome.. :nod:

InauguralCBJFan

Dec 1, 2013
Columbus
(Real) Name: Phil
Age you act: 26
Birthplace: Cincinnati, OH
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Napoleon Syndrome
Nationality: Irish/German
Mode of Transportation: Mazda
Job: Restaurant ***** / full time student
College Attended/Attending: Undergrad degree from OSU, completing teaching license at Capital

How you became a Jackets' fan: Originally a Devils fan, only made sense when the Jackets came to the NHL.
Favorite Jackets Player: Big fan of MacKenzie, Foligno, and Letestu...Dubi
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Martin Brodeur
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Framed poster and ticket stub from inaugural game. Hangs in my room
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash away, Nash alternate (soon to be replaced)

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, PS4
Favorite Game(s): NHL, Call of Duty
Music/Bands You Like: Rock/rap
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy / South Park
Favorite Food: Chipotle
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: only use Twitter for following CBJ stuff (Porty, Mitchell, etc)

Anything Else: Been over at the 247 forums for a few years. Go Bucks. If it's Brown, flush it down.

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
(Real) Name: Phil
Age you act: 26
Birthplace: Cincinnati, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Napoleon Syndrome
Nationality: Irish/German
Mode of Transportation: Mazda
Job: Restaurant ***** / full time student
College Attended/Attending: Undergrad degree from OSU, completing teaching license at Capital

How you became a Jackets' fan: Originally a Devils fan, only made sense when the Jackets came to the NHL.
Favorite Jackets Player: Big fan of MacKenzie, Foligno, and Letestu...Dubi
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Martin Brodeur
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Framed poster and ticket stub from inaugural game. Hangs in my room
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash away, Nash alternate (soon to be replaced)

Favorite Game(s): NHL, Call of Duty
Music/Bands You Like: Rock/rap
Favorite TV Show: Family Guy / South Park
Favorite Food: Chipotle
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: only use Twitter for following CBJ stuff (Porty, Mitchell, etc)

Anything Else: Been over at the 247 forums for a few years. Go Bucks. If it's Brown, flush it down.

Welcome!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Seems like a decent idea to bump this now that we're in the doldrums between development camp and training camp. Lots of new fans coming around, so introduce yourselves!

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
(Real) Name: Jacob
Age you act: Depends on the weather.
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Marysville, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Flow
Nationality: German
Mode of Transportation: Dodge Avenger
Job: I ref youth hockey games as of now :laugh:.
College Attended/Attending: None yet

How you became a Jackets' fan: Got hooked on hockey at an Ohio State game when I was 3-4. It didn't take long for me to love the Jackets.
Favorite Jackets Player: Boone Jenner
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Nathan Mackinnon, Patrick Kane, Alex Ovechkin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Tyler Wright threw me a puck from the Blue Jackets inaugural season, and I also got Jakub Voracek to sign a puck the day he was drafted.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: My Blue Jackets jerseys from playing with the local travel team, a Philly Flyers Richards jersey, and my current High School team jerseys.

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox360 and Wii
Favorite Game(s): NHL 14, Super Smash Bros
Music/Bands You Like: Really anything that sounds good.
Favorite Movie(s): Happy Gilmore
Favorite TV Show: Royal Pains, White Collar, NHL Tonight
Favorite Food: Pasta and Chocolate
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: the LA Kings Twitter dude.

Anything Else: I once met Tyler Wright in a Nationwide bathroom, I've been to Dan Fritsche's house, and I found Rick Nash and Adam Foote hiding in a tent at "Blue at the Zoo" back in the day. I also technically can say the Mike Peca was my assistant coach at one point. His son was on my little brother's hockey team, and my Dad was the head coach. He was late to one of the game's so he put me in charge :laugh:.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
(Real) Name: Brian
Age you act: at home 26, at work 36, out 16
Birthplace: Worthington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I am pretty manpretty.
Mode of Transportation: Infiniti G35 Caribbean Blue
Job: Marketing and Sales for Urban Active; administrative work and coaching CCYHA/ASHA special needs hockey
College Attended/Attending: THE Ohio State University

Favorite Jackets Player: Jack Johnson
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ryan Kesler or Jonathan Toews

Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, NHL, FIFA
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I suck at twitter.

Anything Else: I am a Blackhawks fan with an unhealthy love for the Jackets as well. I play adult league with girls who play for team Canada, OSU, guys who played D1 and for OSU club, and I played high school for Olentangy. I also played soccer and lacrosse for my High School. I am the definition of a sore loser (I wish I wasn't, but it is what it is).

I can't believe I have been floating around here for years and years and still avoid the hawks board because it's so boring.. thanks to you guys for at least being entertaining.

updates:

now working at Abercrombie's home office and scorekeep or work a shift every month or so at Chiller North to make sure I get out on the ice for free

driving a 2010 VW GTI because I just hadddd to have a stick shift and a hatchback for my hockey stuff and golf bag

I have replaced Ryan Kesler with Erik Karlsson for favorite non-jackets/hawks player to watch; Mike Reilly is my favorite jacket prospect since I play beer league with his sister, Prout was the coolest to hang out with, Johansen is obviously the most fun to watch.

I still suck at twitter, but at least I use it now.. @thebrianshaw

Last edited:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
(Real) Name: Doug
Age you act: 70
Birthplace: Circleville, OH
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: 28 year old that looks 10 shaven
Nationality: German?
Mode of Transportation: 2012 Chevy Equinox
Job: I am a Registered stock broker for Morgan Stanley
College Attended/Attending: Franklin University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Was a giant NFL fan before the players became diva's. Stopped liking football and needed something to fill the void, which made me turn to hockey and the local team.
Favorite Jackets Player: Three way tie. Johansen, Dubinsky, Johnson.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Voracek
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I don't collect paraphernalia.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Two Rick Nash jerseys (trash) and my newest collection because I am done with names, a Nameless home jersey.

Video Game Systems Owned: PS4 and Computer
Favorite Game(s): NHL series
Music/Bands You Like: I have terrible taste in music most would say. I like Drake, tons of various country artists, and the catchy new tunes they play on WNCI.
Favorite Movie(s): Troy
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Friends
Favorite Food: Steak fried rice with some Genji sauce.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
(Real) Name: nick
Age you act: 21
Birthplace: westerville
Where you live: lewis center
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: long hair
Nationality: German/Italian
Mode of Transportation: 1998 Lincoln town car :/
Job: work in the pro shop inside the chiller
College Attended/Attending: OU or Northwestern/Cornell

How you became a Jackets' fan: born into cbj family
Favorite Jackets Player: Johansen
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jordan Eberle/ Torey Krug/ Patrick Elias
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Sanderson game used stick
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ home/away/third nash,lundqvist,kane,crosby,elias, mason, bruins home

Video Game Systems Owned: 360,wii,ps2
Favorite Game(s): nhl 14 fifa 14
Music/Bands You Like: Coldplay
Favorite Movie(s): miracle
Favorite TV Show: Cleveland show
Favorite Food: chicken parm
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I follow my ex? lol

Anything Else: hockey fan in general, don't care who plays just love the sport. want to go to every nhl arena

CBJorBust

Sep 27, 2006
(Real) Name: Kellen
Age you act: 28
Birthplace: Syracuse, NY
Where you live: Syracuse, NY
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Bad hair :help:
Nationality: French Canadian
Mode of Transportation: Nissan Altima
Job: Retail Manager
College Attended/Attending: Empire State

How you became a Jackets' fan: Originally a die hard AHL fan, Jackets/Crunch were affiliated for a lot of my early teen years into my 20's. Kept seeing my guys getting called up, watched them in the NHL, now I am more of a Jacket fan than a CBJ fan.

Favorite Jackets Player: Big fan of Dubinsky / Arty
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Vermette / Subban /Seguin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Various signed jerseys and team photos, ticket stub from the home opener Vs. the Wild some years back (first time at the NAT
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: To many to count, trying to get one from every NHL team signed by the captain of each.

Favorite Game(s): NHL
Music/Bands You Like: Rock
Favorite TV Show: Survivor, Hells Kitchen, Master Chef
Favorite Food: Steak
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: hate twitter

Anything Else: Huge Jackets fan, mostly a lurker on the boards, chime in now and then.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: Depends on the event, I'll take early 30's
Birthplace: Toledo, OH
Where you live: Westerville, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I'm 6'3" so I'm usually a bit taller than everyone
Nationality: Irish, Dutch, English, German, Scottish
Mode of Transportation: Audi A4 and in the summer a Sebring Convertible
Job: Loan Officer
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State, degree in finance

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up a die hard Red Wings fan in Toledo, moved to Columbus in 1995 and was on board with the Jackets from day 1. First Jackets game was the second game.

Favorite Jackets Player: Dubinsky
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Dorsett. Steve Yzerman all-time
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): hard to pick one, love my Dubi jersey, but i have about 100 autographed pics of all the players over the years
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash original third jersey, Dubi current third jersey, Yzerman Wings jersey away, un-named Wings jersey- both long in retirement. old school calgary flames jerseys(rooted for them in the cup year because I played with Al MacInnis' cousin)Toledo Walleye

Video Game Systems Owned: PS3
Favorite Game(s): NHL, GTA, Tiger Woods, Madden, NCAA
Music/Bands You Like: Phish, Beatles, OAR, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, too many classic bands to list, not much from new bands the last 10 years
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, Slap Shot, Star Wars trilogy original
Favorite TV Show: Sopranos, reality junkie
Favorite Food: mexican, grill food, Italian
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: not much of a Twitter guy, but I follow all the Jackets people, Opie and Anthony people

Anything Else: I'm really quite fun to party with at the games, before and after, I'm not as annoying as I portray on here, haha

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I thought I did this before, but must have been an old thread, as I didn't see me in here anywhere.

Age you act: Like "I never graduated out of college" according to Mrs. Bobcat
Birthplace: Marion, OH
Where you live: North Central Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Somewhat tall. I'm 6'5", but was third tallest at my wedding. My best man was 7 foot and brother-in-law 6'7".
Nationality: German Heritage
Mode of Transportation: Buick Enclave
Job: Certified Financial Planner
College Attended/Attending: Ohio (undergrad), Capital (masters)
How you became a Jackets' fan: First introduced to hockey at college in Late '80's. Went to Chill games in Early '90s, Hate OSU sports and was looking for a sports outlet. Worked at Nationwide Insurance when team was announced and jumped at the chance to be a day1psl owner.
Favorite Jackets Player: I'd say Dubinsky because he reminds me of Wright and Dineen. It's nice to have that heart back into the team to go with skill this time.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I'd say Gaborik now, but not a big follower of non-CBJ players.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Kind of stopped collecting that crap for awhile. It just gets to be a waste of money when the players disappoint or get moved on. I've got a helmet that was a PSL gift around 2005 that has Nash & Zherdev's signatures on it:(. I bought an autographed photo by Nash of his under the leg goal vs St. Louis. Lots of pucks with autographs of players who I probably couldn't figure out who they are.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Ohio Bobcat Game Worn, Nash 2004 All-Star (bought actually at All-Star game in Minnesota), home/away original jerseys and current third
Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox
Favorite Game(s): Battlefield
Music/Bands You Like: 80's hairband, 90's "alternative"
Favorite TV Show: DVR says Pawn Stars, Tonight Show w/Jimmy Fallon, Mecum Auctions, Top Gear (both UK and American versions), Archer
Favorite Food: Smoked
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Mainly just Portzline and Jason Arkley (Ohio University Sports Writer)
Anything Else: I won two tickets to the 2004 NHL All-Star game playing fantasy hockey on NHL.com. I don't think they offer the game anymore, but it was the one where you were a GM with a budget to buy/sell players. Player values adjusted based on performance and demand by the fantasy GMs. Anyway, our seats were in the 300 Level behind one of the goals. The guy who was sitting next to us was from Boston, but his 10 year-old son and he were big Nash fans. He suggested I join HFboards. Previously, I was on another CBJ board, but can't remember what site. So, that's why my "join date" for HFboards is Feb 2004 To add to our fun for that trip to St. Paul, a European couple (judging from their accents) stopped us in the Wild Arena hallway after the game and offered us their tickets to the NHL's VIP party. It included a free open bar, free food and private concert by Bare Naked Ladies inside the Ice Castle. It was awesome experience and looking forward to the All-star game in Columbus.

Not my photo, but this is here's the Ice Castle for those who may not know:
9fe097041fd5da7c6fecd41f43a8d4ef.jpg

Last edited:

imderekpoe

Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, OH
(Real) Name: Mike
Age you act: 30 (on a good day)
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: None that I'm aware of
Nationality: My mother was Japanese (from Hawaii), my Dad is a generic American
Mode of Transportation: 2008 Prius
Job: SAP Analyst for Ashland Inc until the end of October, then on to bigger and better things!
College Attended/Attending: Took me a while to find my way. I went to Grinnell, Wooster, Akron U, OSU, and Franklin before finally getting my degree from Otterbein.

How you became a Jackets' fan: I always liked hockey, but never followed it that closely. I started watching when we got the CBJ, then my family got me tickets for a game for Christmas. We were all hooked after that!
Favorite Jackets Player: Jenner
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Malhotra. Just always liked the guy.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Not a collector, but I've kept my playoff tickets and a few other misc pieces of stuff.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Nash, Mason, Zherdev, Jenner, and a couple of naked ones.

Video Game Systems Owned: Currently have a Wii. I've had an Atari 2600 & 5200 and every prior Nintendo system in the past.
Favorite Game(s): too many
Music/Bands You Like: Muse (long story but my user name comes from them)
Favorite Movie(s): Godfather, O Brother Where Art Thou, Being There, LOTR, lots more...
Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones, Survivor
Favorite Food: Pizza. Esp Boston's just before the game, or Coccia House (from Wooster)
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I follow way too many people, but mostly read tweets about the CBJ, Reds and Browns.
Anything Else: Nothing else too exciting about me. Maybe that's a good thing.

Last edited:

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Been years since I did one of these...

(Real) Name: Clint
Age you act: 29
Birthplace: England
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Plain. 4/10.
Nationality: English 75% French 25%
Mode of Transportation: Hyundai Elantra
Job: High School Administrator & Small Business Owner
College Attended/Attending: Wright State and OSU.

How you became a Jackets' fan: The day we got a team in my hometown.
Favorite Jackets Player: Johnson & Jenner
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Not a collector
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Lots of Jackets jerseys.

Video Game Systems Owned: A very dusty 360
Favorite Game(s): I only play NHL.
Music/Bands You Like: Linkin Park, Skillet...
Favorite Movie(s): Superhero Flicks, Saving Private Ryan, Anchorman, Ace Ventura, Forrest Gump
Favorite TV Show: Shark Tank
Favorite Food: Stir Fry
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I follow the most 20 important people in the world. Not really.
Anything else: I've sold a screenplay which was produced. I won a few contests.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
(Real) Name: B.
Age you act: 53 (I hope)
Birthplace: Central Ohio
Where you live: Central Ohio
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Thick brown hair
Nationality: Irish 50% German 25% Hungarian 25%
Mode of Transportation: Enclave
Job: Attorney
College Attended/Attending: Case and BC

How you became a Jackets' fan: The day I saw my first NHL game in 2002.
Favorite Jackets Player: Murray
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Toews
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Print of Bobrovosky, at auction night of game 3 v Pitt
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 2 (unnamed original away; autographed Nash, now in permanent closet)

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii
Favorite Game(s): Mario Cart w/ my teenage daughter - only time.
Music/Bands You Like: CSNY, Steely Dan, Led Z.
Favorite Movie(s): Caddyshack; Bagger Vance; Cool Hand Luke; The Dirty Dozen, Ratatouille
Favorite TV Show: MASH, Barney Miller
Favorite Food: Chicken Marsala
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: None.
Anything else: 17-yr old daughter Jacket-crazed

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
I'mmmmm baaaaaaaccckkk!

Name: Dan
Age you act: 28
Birthplace: Columbus
Where you live: Westerville
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Gray Hair
Nationality: German
Mode of Transportation: 2014 Chevy Cruze
Job: Independent Trader / Creating Diamonds
College Attended/Attending: Ohio State/Southern New Hampshire - Economics and Public Policy

How you became a Jackets' fan: Day we were awarded the team.
Favorite Jackets Player: JMFJ
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Photo I took while out at dinner, at Sakura Steakhouse. Ryjo and Cam were seated at our table. Later had it signed.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 6

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii- packed away for at least the past 4 years.
Favorite Game(s): Zelda
Music/Bands You Like: Anything on RadioU and TheRiver
Favorite Movie(s): Raising Arizona, Rear Window
Favorite TV Show: Hardball, Family Guy, SNL.
Favorite Food: Seabass from my families restaurant Vittoria. Or crumbled sausage pasta from Morettis.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: None
Anything else: Huge Green Bay Packers fan (and owner :yo: ), Skydiving.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
BJ2...i'm finally headed to lambeau for the first time for the Raiders preseason game with a buddy...GBP were first team I ever saw live and was a fan from that point forward....

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
BJ2...i'm finally headed to lambeau for the first time for the Raiders preseason game with a buddy...GBP were first team I ever saw live and was a fan from that point forward....

I started following them in about the third grade of elementary school. Everyone was talking about the Cowboys, I remember being asked who my team was (didn't have one) and I simply said "The Green Team!" That night I went home and did my research. I decided a lot of my teams by uniforms when I was a kid. Like the Cubs ( :help: ) and Packers.

Lambeau Field is one of a kind, you will enjoy it. I am going to the game in Detroit if you should be interested.....and in Buffalo...and Tampa :D . Also, there is a backer bar on Bethal Road called On Tap Pub. It's a hole in the wall, but come game day, it is packed toe to toe and is really fun. I still go every now and again even though I quit drinking its still a blast. If you want to check it out, go an hour before game time to get a seat.

Here is a website: http://www.buckeyepackerbackers.com/ontapframe.html

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
(Real) Name: Randy
Age you act: varies - anywhere from 30-60
Birthplace: Columbus, the Bottoms
Where you live: UA
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Angel Miguel Jimenez Gut
Nationality: Irish
Mode of Transportation: SUV
Job: Insurance Exec (disclaimer - not Nationwide)
College Attended/Attending: Case

How you became a Jackets' fan: Hockey for life - Grew up watching 6 team NHL games when on and attending almost every Checkers game
Favorite Jackets Player: Bob,JJ, Letestu & enjoy Foligno's stickwork
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pavel Datsyuk
Favorite All Time Players: St. Patrick & the Roadrunner (YC)
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Actually it's a goalie stick from Gordon Dibley in the Chex days
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 2 Jackets, 1 Habs & Cincinnati Cyclones

Video Game Systems Owned: Old school- Superman Pinball Machine
Favorite Game(s): Risk
Music/Bands You Like: Dead, Bowie, Who, Smiths, Pretenders, Marshall Crenshaw, Coletrane, Cocktail Slippers
Favorite Movie(s): To Kill a Mockingbird, Scent of a Woman, Animal House
Favorite TV Show: "24" & Blacklist
Favorite Food: Almost any seafood (no sea urchin please)
Favorite Beverage: Bourbon
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Nah...

Other: Fun is Gazing at the ocean or teeing it up.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I started following them in about the third grade of elementary school. Everyone was talking about the Cowboys, I remember being asked who my team was (didn't have one) and I simply said "The Green Team!" That night I went home and did my research. I decided a lot of my teams by uniforms when I was a kid. Like the Cubs ( :help: ) and Packers.

Lambeau Field is one of a kind, you will enjoy it. I am going to the game in Detroit if you should be interested.....and in Buffalo...and Tampa :D . Also, there is a backer bar on Bethal Road called On Tap Pub. It's a hole in the wall, but come game day, it is packed toe to toe and is really fun. I still go every now and again even though I quit drinking its still a blast. If you want to check it out, go an hour before game time to get a seat.

Here is a website: http://www.buckeyepackerbackers.com/ontapframe.html

been there a couple of times...i have typically just stayed home with the invent of RedZone...but a chance to talk GBP and CBJ, may take you up on that...

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
(Real) Name: Randy
Age you act: varies - anywhere from 30-60
Birthplace: Columbus, the Bottoms
Where you live: UA
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Angel Miguel Jimenez Gut
Mode of Transportation: SUV
Job: Insurance Exec (disclaimer - not Nationwide)
College Attended/Attending: Case

How you became a Jackets' fan: Hockey for life - Grew up watching 6 team NHL games when on and attending almost every Checkers game
Favorite Jackets Player: Bob,JJ, Letestu & enjoy Foligno's stickwork
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Pavel Datsyuk
Favorite All Time Players: St. Patrick & the Roadrunner (YC)
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Actually it's a goalie stick from Gordon Dibley in the Chex days
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 2 Jackets, 1 Habs & Cincinnati Cyclones

Video Game Systems Owned: Old school- Superman Pinball Machine
Favorite Game(s): Risk
Music/Bands You Like: Dead, Bowie, Who, Smiths, Pretenders, Marshall Crenshaw, Coletrane, Cocktail Slippers
Favorite Movie(s): To Kill a Mockingbird, Scent of a Woman, Animal House
Favorite TV Show: "24" & Blacklist
Favorite Food: Almost any seafood (no sea urchin please)
Favorite Beverage: Bourbon
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Nah...

Other: Fun is Gazing at the ocean or teeing it up.

From the Bottoms to UA, you made it! :sarcasm:

I was just in Columbus last week for an idyllic summer trip. My dad took me out to dinner at Tip Top and then for a beer down in Franklinton. I had actually been to an art opening down there a couple of years ago, nice to see that part of town generating some investment (even with the complicated issues surrounding gentrification)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
From the Bottoms to UA, you made it! :sarcasm:

I was just in Columbus last week for an idyllic summer trip. My dad took me out to dinner at Tip Top and then for a beer down in Franklinton. I had actually been to an art opening down there a couple of years ago, nice to see that part of town generating some investment (even with the complicated issues surrounding gentrification)

Love Tip Top....Not sure where you had the beer but highly recommend you check out Strongwater Food and Spirits next time. It's just across the River.....Has an industrial funkiness and good food and beers. :)

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Name: David
Age you act: Usually 42, but every once in a while the teenager comes out
Birthplace: SE Ohio
Where you live: Arena District
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: huge Calves
Mode of Transportation: 2006 Trail Blazer and 2013 Camaro
Job: CPA
College Attended/Attending: Undergrad degree from Marietta College, MBA fr Capital
How you became a Jackets' fan: Lived with a group of guys from Pittsburgh in College and we got the Sports Channel out of Pittsburgh, so got use to "It's a hockey night in Pittsburgh"
Favorite Jackets Player: As a person Boll - great guy (don't like to watch goons, but solid dude)
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Old school - mid 90's Pens Mario and Jagr. Now a days like watching Western conference hockey - love Chicago.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Team signed 50 jerseys after roster finalized and one of them found their way to me :)
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Inagural yr CBJ (no name, just bug), Whitney, Nash
Video Game Systems Owned: None current
Favorite Game(s): See above
Music/Bands You Like: Can listen to anything
Favorite TV Show: About any live sport (football, baseball, hockey).
Favorite Food: City Barbeque
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: I'm lucky to be on facebook and Instagram :)
Anything Else: Use to be active in other CBJ forums (Metro, etc) but just tough to keep up any more.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
(Real) Name: :sarcasm:
Age you act: 22
Birthplace: Dallas, TX
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I sport a very impressive Dad Body. Who needs to hit the gym when you have beer to make you feel good?
Nationality: German/British Isles
Mode of Transportation: grey van(s)
Job: food service :shakehead
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Moved to Columbus in 2007, my very first friend in my new neighborhood was a die hard CBJ fan. Took me to my first CBJ game for his birthday. Didn't become a die hard for a couple years after that though.
Favorite Jackets Player: Tough one, but I'll go with Dubinsky. Nothing about his game to dislike.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I don't really know.. Tuukka Rask and Steven Stamkos seem like solid choices. Bryzgalov and Ovechkin seem like fun guys.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Signed Dubinsky puck.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ Alternate (blank), Tyler Seguin Boston jersey, Derek Roy Buffalo jersey, Brandon Dubinsky NYR jersey (winter classic), Sheldon Souray Edmonton jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: N64, PS2 and PS3, Xbox 360
Favorite Game(s): EA NHL series
Music/Bands You Like: August Burns Red, Underoath (RIP), A Day to Remember
Favorite Movie(s): Good Will Hunting, Anchorman, Goon, Hotrod, Into the Wild, The Departed.. (I have a big list on my phone of movies that I like but these are some that stick out)
Favorite TV Show: House of Cards, The League
Favorite Food: Texas BBQ
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter: Haven't used my twitter in a long time and mostly only followed people I knew IRL but @DanyAllStar15 was pretty funny

Anything Else: I spend way too much time on my computer talking and reading about the Jackets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad