German Players in CHL

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2011/7/7/2264027/marcel-noebels-and-future-options-at-flyers-camp

Next season is still up in the air for Noebels. He doesn’t know where he’s going to play, but he has options. The Flyers haven’t told him their opinion about it yet.

"No, they haven’t. That’s another thing that’s nice to get sorted out at the rookie camp. I have a contract offer from the Krefeld Pinguine on my table and I’d like to accept it. But I have the paper with me at the camp and will show it to the Flyers and discuss it with them. And I’ll do what they say because I don’t want to reduce my chances in their eyes by doing the opposite of what they want. Of course that’s a small downside to the whole story now."

Downside, because Noebels would want to play in Krefeld next year.

"Yeah, sure. I like both teams. I like Krefeld, I like Seattle and it would hurt me having to leave either one. My heart beats for them both. But still, I’d love to play in the DEL and get some additional pro experience. I’m also from Krefeld and they’ll always be my home team."

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
bittner will likely play in heilbronn again. i really doubt he gets a chance in mannheim. another player i'd rather see in the CHL than in germany2.

Bittner will be playing for the Everett Silvertips this coming season.

Mannheim has apparently agreed to let him play in the CHL.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Is there any word on Dominick Bielke? I get the feeling that he gets forgotten as a prospect. Does he have NHL upside? Will he be coming over to NA at all?

Maybe not the correct thread, but oh well :)

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Is there any word on Dominick Bielke? I get the feeling that he gets forgotten as a prospect. Does he have NHL upside? Will he be coming over to NA at all?

Maybe not the correct thread, but oh well :)

Since he is, as far as I know, no longer "property" of any NHL-Team I seriously doubt he will be coming over any time soon.
As far as his upside goes, I don't think he could make it to the NHL anyway, at least not as a regular. I am pretty sure he will be a solid player in the DEL and he might reach the level of guys like Frank Hördler, Constantin Braun or Jens Baxmann.

But that is just my opinion.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
As far as his upside goes, I don't think he could make it to the NHL anyway, at least not as a regular. I am pretty sure he will be a solid player in the DEL and he might reach the level of guys like Frank Hördler, Constantin Braun or Jens Baxmann.

But that is just my opinion.

i even doubt he can reach the level of hoerdler, braun and the extremely underrated baxmann. i expect bielke to become a 2nd-tier regular or so.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
i even doubt he can reach the level of hoerdler, braun and the extremely underrated baxmann. i expect bielke to become a 2nd-tier regular or so.
I guess you are probably right, but I'd still say he could reach that level. If everything falls into place for him. It is definitely not the most likely scenario however. But I do see him play as a 3rd pairing d-man on some DEL team. Next season he will porbably again split between Crimmitschau and Berlin.

Unless I am mixing him up with somebody else, he has a pretty nice outlet pass and is not a bad skater either. I don't think he has reached his ceiling yet, so we'll have to wait and see how he turns out.

Herman the German

Jun 30, 2009
Sorry, somehow my computer skills are not up to par. The two reporters spoke about the decision made about Latta's player's pass. :baghead: Sorry.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Nicolas Krämmer and Mirko Höfflin, both playing for Acadie-Bathurst Titan in the QMJHL are both currently injured.

Krämmer played in the first two regular season games and recorded 1 goal and 1 assist. He missed the next three games due to a facial fracture, if I'm not mistaken.

Höfflin played the first three games and then missed the next two. I could not find anything about his injury, but in the 3 games he played he recorded 2 assists and 4 penalty minutes.

Hopefully they can both return shortly.

Konrad Abeltshauser missed all 5 games of the Halifax Mooseheads so far, due to training camp with the Sharks.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Thanks for the update, wasn't even aware the regular season has already started.

Wasn't Hoefflin at the Hawks camp as well?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...20-blackhawks-smith--20110920,0,4209065.story

I had only noticed yesterday. I was checking out the pre-season results of Nöbels and Bittner and went on to check on the OHL and QMJHL as well, and was quite surprised that the season in the Q had already started.

And thanks for the information and the link. That would make sense. We'll see if he is back for tonight's game or the next one.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Sp here's the updated list, did I miss anyone?

OHL:
Mathias Niederberger - Barrie Colts
David Elsner - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Sebastian Uvira - Oshawa Generals
Tom Kühnhackl - Windsor Spitfires
Tobias Rieder - Kitchener Rangers
Nickolas Latta - Sarnia Sting

WHL:
Marcel Noebels - Seattle Thunderbirds
Dominik Bittner - Everett Silvertips

QMJHL:
Nico Krämmer - Acadie-Bathurst Titan
Konrad Abeltshauser - Halifax Mooseheads
Mirko Höfflin - Acadie-Bathurst Titan

Where is Grubauer going to play? ECHL?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sp here's the updated list, did I miss anyone?

OHL:
Mathias Niederberger - Barrie Colts
David Elsner - Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Sebastian Uvira - Oshawa Generals
Tom Kühnhackl - Windsor Spitfires
Tobias Rieder - Kitchener Rangers
Nickolas Latta - Sarnia Sting

WHL:
Marcel Noebels - Seattle Thunderbirds
Dominik Bittner - Everett Silvertips

QMJHL:
Nico Krämmer - Acadie-Bathurst Titan
Konrad Abeltshauser - Halifax Mooseheads
Mirko Höfflin - Acadie-Bathurst Titan

Where is Grubauer going to play? ECHL?

No, I think you've got everyone unless we count this guy.

I saw Grubauer listed somewhere as a member of the Hershey Bears (AHL) but there were 4 goalies listed, so I guess one or two of them are more likely to play in the ECHL, and Grubauer could be one of them, especially after missing so much time due to is illness.

Maybe the guys on the Capitals board know more?

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I guess it's fair so say that all the new additions from Germany this season are struggling mightily...

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I guess it's fair so say that all the new additions from Germany this season are struggling mightily...

Niederberger has not been that bad but yes there is only 2 or 3 German prospects having somewat of a good season, Reider, Abelhauser, and Noebels.

Johnny8242

May 29, 2008
Greenville, SC
Grubauer has been excellent in the ECHL. He's finally coming back down a little bit. (his play was so good it couldn't of gone up) I'd expect him to be their #1 for the entire season probably will get a shot in Hershey if injuries happen. I'd expect him to be in Hershey next year.

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b

Tobias Rieder of the Oilers (4th round, 2011) is leading the Kitchener Rangers in scoring with 18g 13a 31pts through 23 games (8 points clear of his closest teammate). 15th in OHL scoring :nod:

edit: I understand what you're saying now by new additions, but he's a new addition to the Oilers, so my point still stands :)

Last edited:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Nico Krämmer will stay in Germany after the U20s are over. Hamburg and Landshut will discuss the options and I'd guess he will get loaned to Landshut for the remainder of this season, unless the Freezers lose even more players to injury.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Nico Krämmer will stay in Germany after the U20s are over. Hamburg and Landshut will discuss the options and I'd guess he will get loaned to Landshut for the remainder of this season, unless the Freezers lose even more players to injury.

Interesting.

Any articles about this?

In Bernhard Keil's blog, he mentioned that the 'North Americans' have arrived and he named Abeltshauser, Uvira, Elsner, Niederberger and Noebels.

Haven't been able to verify if he meant "Those are the only CHLers who will be joining us" or if it meant "Those are the last of the CHLers who will be joining us".

Of course the biggest question is, has Tobias Rieder been released for the tourney?

One way or another, Germany is the heavy favorite. The only other drafted players of note are Norway's Lars Volden and Sondre Olden.

Last edited:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Hockeyweb or Eishockeynews had a small article about it, but I can't seem to find it right now.

I tried to find anything about why Kühnhackl isn't there, but there is absolutely nothing out there. Rieder was on the entry list for this tournament, but there hasn't been any news about him either. All I have heard is that he missed the last two games with an injury, maybe it's to severe to play right now.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Hockeyweb or Eishockeynews had a small article about it, but I can't seem to find it right now.

I tried to find anything about why Kühnhackl isn't there, but there is absolutely nothing out there. Rieder was on the entry list for this tournament, but there hasn't been any news about him either. All I have heard is that he missed the last two games with an injury, maybe it's to severe to play right now.

rieder joins the team today, kuehnhackl won't due to an injury. that's what the EHN had in their article on tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad