German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not that this is the only thread this could be asked, but it's probably the best, so that said where are the Heynckes critics? If this were Guardiola it'd be a catastrophe going out to Madrid in the CL Semis and losing the DFB Pokal Final to Frankfurt.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Not that this is the only thread this could be asked, but it's probably the best, so that said where are the Heynckes critics? If this were Guardiola it'd be a catastrophe going out to Madrid in the CL Semis and losing the DFB Pokal Final to Frankfurt.

Ancelotti takes the blame for Bayern's shortcomings this season, Heynckes just got there from retirement mid-season to salvage what still could be salvaged.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ancelotti takes the blame for Bayern's shortcomings this season, Heynckes just got there from retirement mid-season to salvage what still could be salvaged.

That's a fair point to a degree and surely you can't lay it all on Heynckes' lap, but he took over in early October so it wasn't "mid-season". Either way, you can't really take today's result away from Heynckes. To the point though, were this Guardiola there'd be a stronger reaction on this forum.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

What point would there be in criticizing Heynckes given he's a caretaker manager who didn't plan to have this job and essentially no longer has this job as of this evening? People criticized Guardiola because he came in with the expectations of winning the CL and being the maestro of world football. Someone who got as much hype as him will always be under the microscope.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What point would there be in criticizing Heynckes given he's a caretaker manager who didn't plan to have this job and essentially no longer has this job as of this evening? People criticized Guardiola because he came in with the expectations of winning the CL and being the maestro of world football. Someone who got as much hype as him will always be under the microscope.

On this forum Guardiola was criticized for not living up to Heynckes' legacy, yet today under Heynckes they lost the cup final. Regardless of that, were it Guardiola who'd taken over in early October and this been the outcome there'd be a lot different reaction.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't remember Guardiola getting too much criticism here when he lost in the Pokal. IDK.

I was referring to the forum as a whole, not just this thread, and the fact that he was always compared to Heynckes because of one CL. Every time Bayern went out of the CL it was brought up, regardless of who they lost against, and now nothing about Heynckes after a pretty lackluster season by Bayern's and (at least formerly) this forum's standards.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You're guilty of that yoo. Your evaluation of Ancelotti (and other posters here do the same) is, to the least, extremely biased towards this season and forgetting his multiple great years.
Guardiola came in to a team that won the treble. Anything less than a CL final was to be a disappointment. Especially given the players he picked and bought, etc...
Heynckes didn't choose a single player of this team last summer.
It's also worth noting he wasn't bombed 7-0 by Real Madrid but instead failed to the well known Madrid reffin' special in the semis.
Heynckes could absolutely be in the CL final.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
That's a fair point to a degree and surely you can't lay it all on Heynckes' lap, but he took over in early October so it wasn't "mid-season". Either way, you can't really take today's result away from Heynckes. To the point though, were this Guardiola there'd be a stronger reaction on this forum.

Not only did Heynckes have to fix Ancelotti's mess, he also had zero impact on Bayern's transfers in the summer. Bayern's big problem imo is they rely too much on Robben and Ribery, especially in important games and both are past their prime and injury prone. Bayern simply has failed to replace those two the last couple of years.

And Guardiola mainly was critizied for how the lost in the CL. Bayern was rather unlucky this year not to advance to the final. They certainly were not worse than Real in the semis.

Also give Frankfurt some credit, they simply played a great game and also had some needed luck with Bayern hitting the crossbar twice and a denied penalty.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Hertha's new stadium plan:

olympiastadion8-1526333442.jpg
It's overdue. Get them out of that museum and I maybe will like them. Well, probably not, but get them a modern stadium.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's overdue. Get them out of that museum and I maybe will like them. Well, probably not, but get them a modern stadium.

They have been circulating that plan (with some variations) for a year now. The Senat so far has only indicated that it is 'technically feasible'. So the club still need to negotiate with the city to actually get permission for it (as the city favors another renovation of the Olympiastadion instead) and then sort out financing (as the city will not pay for any of it). Even the optimistic boosters at the club give 2025 as the earliest date for the opening of a new stadium.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're guilty of that yoo. Your evaluation of Ancelotti (and other posters here do the same) is, to the least, extremely biased towards this season and forgetting his multiple great years.
Guardiola came in to a team that won the treble. Anything less than a CL final was to be a disappointment. Especially given the players he picked and bought, etc...
Heynckes didn't choose a single player of this team last summer.
It's also worth noting he wasn't bombed 7-0 by Real Madrid but instead failed to the well known Madrid reffin' special in the semis.
Heynckes could absolutely be in the CL final.

No, I'm not guilty of that. I've never thought Ancelotti was as good as his resume suggests. That said I don't think he's bad, but there are other managers I'd take over him.

Anyway, as I was saying, were this Guardiola in the exact same situation I'd be reading more about it.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
They have been circulating that plan (with some variations) for a year now. The Senat so far has only indicated that it is 'technically feasible'. So the club still need to negotiate with the city to actually get permission for it (as the city favors another renovation of the Olympiastadion instead) and then sort out financing (as the city will not pay for any of it). Even the optimistic boosters at the club give 2025 as the earliest date for the opening of a new stadium.
I didn't know the terms. Whatever, in the end it stays Hitler's stadium and a professional football club needs a state of the art stadim. I don't wonder red-red-green knows little of that.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I'm late to the party, but congrats to Frankfurt. We've all seen the foul on Martinez in the 4th mnute of extra time. As a neutral I can live with that.
Throwing the silver medal away (Wagner) and no participating of the entire Bayern team in the post game festivities shows the right team won.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I love the excuse making from Jupp-apologists. As though getting unlucky was ever an acceptable excuse for Pep to go out in the CL semis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad