German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leverkusen isn't in CL though.

I don't get it either. Bayern doesn't need a keeper and Dortmund just signed a keeper. I guess it could be Schalke or Hoffenheim, but do they need keepers? Not that I know of. I had read it was Leverkusen also, so the "Champions League" part is probably incorrect.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gotta love how indignant Liverpool get when other clubs pursue their players but also when other clubs won't immediately sell them the players they want like van Dijk

I am personally offended that LFC is arrogant enough not to sell :sarcasm:

At this point, I'm starting to hope that LFC dicking around, gets Brewster poached by Pepchester :laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I am personally offended that LFC is arrogant enough not to sell :sarcasm:

At this point, I'm starting to hope that LFC dicking around, gets Brewster poached by Pepchester :laugh:

Liverpool actually has a scholarship year they can use to prevent his transfer until much later this summer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Liverpool actually has a scholarship year they can use to prevent his transfer until much later this summer.

But that still doesn't get them to the end of the window, right? Can't Citeh just tell Brewster to wait it out and the signing bonus they'll give him in august (or whenever) will make it worth his while?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But that still doesn't get them to the end of the window, right? Can't Citeh just tell Brewster to wait it out and the signing bonus they'll give him in august (or whenever) will make it worth his while?

They could but he wants first team football and wouldn't get it there. They won't touch this with a ten foot pole. Don't know how long into the summer this goes either. Chances aren't bad he just signs a new contract.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Too bad that Wolfsburg will likely win the playoff. I was hoping they'd lose, and Brooks would move to a better team. I didn't like how he moved from Hertha Berlin in the first place. Wolfsburg is just like one of these lower table Premier League teams that spends big amounts of money on players, but can't get all their players to play at the level their caliber would indicate.
I mean, it's not like Wolfsburg has won the Bundisliga in the past decade or anything.

But seriously, very happy they are probably staying up because one of my friends who is also a longtime US Soccer/Metros superfan is also a Wolfsburg superfan dating back to when (IIRC) Reyna signed with them as one of the original Yanks Abroad.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
What a legendary victory for Frankfurt! Also Kovač proved he's one of the best, two times in a row in the final with a mediocre team, and now a convincing victory against the otherwise vastly superior Bayern.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I mean, I was rooting for the underdog, and I'm glad Kovac has won... but man, Bayern were denied a stone cold penalty at the end. o_O

Anyway, fantastic day for a club with such a storied history and their first trophy since 1988.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It has become so rare that long trophy droughts are broken these days, that to see what it means to the fans is something special. Congrats to Frankfurt.

Reactions: John Pedro

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
but they've got some nice fans too

Some, but still...

5b00666860b27e5ce535203e-568x320-1-may-19-2018-18-16-42-poster.jpg

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rebic and Kramaric will unfortunately be on the bench for Croatia at the World Cup despite their fantastic form :rolleyes:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Some, but still...

5b00666860b27e5ce535203e-568x320-1-may-19-2018-18-16-42-poster.jpg

Could you translate it if it's not too offensive, I can't read German. Anyway, I have a soft spot for them cause of FMs saves and because Tankard guys are supporters of the club and Tankard is freaking awesome! (not as good as Destruction or Sodom, though)

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
"Heynckes is alive - at the moment!"

It's a tasteless reference to Kovač calling himself the 2019 Frankfurt manager "at the moment", a week before his transfer to Bayern was made public.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Could you translate it if it's not too offensive, I can't read German. Anyway, I have a soft spot for them cause of FMs saves and because Tankard guys are supporters of the club and Tankard is freaking awesome! (not as good as Destruction or Sodom, though)

"Heynckes lives... for now."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad