German Football 2021-2022

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Thank god bosz got fired. Palacios can finally show his worth. Has become a staple with this new coach

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm not sure about that 4th goal. The ball to Haaland may have not been offside due to coming off the Frankfurt player, but Haaland's pass to Reus sure looked offside. Pity that comes when Frankfurt seemed to be pushing back a bit.

Glasner was going to have his work cut out trying to maintain or build off last season, but early returns don't look so good. Real tough fixture to start out with though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Frankfurt gets trashed, and then because he’s mad Kostic thinks he can step on the back of Malen’s leg. Should’ve been a red card. Incredibly dirty play.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thank god bosz got fired. Palacios can finally show his worth. Has become a staple with this new coach

They have a number of attackers injured right now. They played with four midfielders today, so Palacios might only have a temporary spot.

Palacios could also use this time to show he shouldn’t be dropped when Wirtz, Bellarabi, and Alario return. I wouldn’t believe though that what changed is the coaching change. For now it’s injuries.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They have a number of attackers injured right now. They played with four midfielders today, so Palacios might only have a temporary spot.

Palacios could also use this time to show he shouldn’t be dropped when Wirtz, Bellarabi, and Alario return. I wouldn’t believe though that what changed is the coaching change. For now it’s injuries.
He started every game after the coaching change I think he’s fine

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Georginio Rutter came in at the 73rd, scored a goal and assist and he does know what a quality off the ball movement is..

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, what an earth was Mukiele doing there. I rarely watch Mainz, so I barely recognize a couple of players from this team. Are they supposed to be good, midtable club or battling against relegation this season?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, what an earth was Mukiele doing there. I rarely watch Mainz, so I barely recognize a couple of players from this team. Are they supposed to be good, midtable club or battling against relegation this season?

Tough to say. Likely somewhere in the bottom half, but they've been playing good football since Svensson took over last winter and they have young talent* that could surprise. So I wouldn't be completely shocked if things went their way & they snuck into a european spot...though I don't expect it.

*I like both Nebel & Burkardt a lot, Stach really impressed at the Olympics, and Papela was a big youth talent who has struggled to break through at the senior level so far...while Barreiro is probably already the best Luxemburgian footballer.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Baumgart ever gets in shape or loses the hat, he should be fired immediately.

Nice to see Dardai starting his boy early in the season...damn can he pass.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gunna need to get stronger there marton. Modeste did push you as you were going down, but that's not enough to erase a goal.

So close to getting a foot on the cross in for that 1-2. If his defending catches up to his passing, Dardai is going to be one heck of a CB.

Fantastic 3rd goal for Köln. BMG's derby rival is really giving it to our derby rival.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Köln suddenly turned the match around, they don't often score three goals, maybe this will a better season than the last one. Kainz isn't known as scoring machine but has now two already. Thielmann is doing well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Köln suddenly turned the match around, they don't often score three goals, maybe this will a better season than the last one. Kainz isn't known as scoring machine but has now two already. Thielmann is doing well.

Classic Hertha. Come out with high hopes, playing well, and just as everything looks to be going great...concede a weak goal & proceed to meltdown at spectacular pace. They're more spursy than Tottenham could ever be.

Modeste looks a lot better & Uth has been krafty as well since Köln woke up.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Avoiding relegation is always their main goal, but today they were missing ten players due to COVID so the squad was heavily depleted.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Almost fully caught up on the weekend with only Hertha/Koln left to watch.

What a great result for a severely depleted Mainz squad--picking right up where they ended last season. I think Leipzig being at "start of the season" form in terms of rhythm and timings probably played a big role as well. Not enough urgency from them in the first half either.

Wolfsburg was a strange game with the two posts and red card/pk right off the bat. It wasn't terribly convincing, but they didn't need to do much after getting the leg up and man advantage so early.

Stuttgart are so damn entertaining, but reserving judgment til they play some higher quality opponents.

Damn has it been a long 2+ months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad