German Football 2021-2022

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
With EL matches this season, the extra depth wouldn't go amiss if you can afford it :dunno:
well I'm thinking the backend is some combination of Günter, Ginter, Lienhardt, Kübler(schmidt/Siquet)- Eggestein and Höfler, that leaves 4 spots for
Grifo
Höler
Sallai
Yeong
Schade (injured to start the season)
Weißhaupt (probably backup)
Petersen (probably backup)
Kyereh
Doan
Gregoritsch
Demirovic

I do think thats a lot even for the additional load of the EL matches.
And concerning acquisitions I still think they still desperately need someone to challenge Eggestein / Höfler for their spots

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
well I'm thinking the backend is some combination of Günter, Ginter, Lienhardt, Kübler(schmidt/Siquet)- Eggestein and Höfler, that leaves 4 spots for
Grifo
Höler
Sallai
Yeong
Schade (injured to start the season)
Weißhaupt (probably backup)
Petersen (probably backup)
Kyereh
Doan
Hintergger
Demirovic

I do think thats a lot even for the additional load of the EL matches.
And concerning acquisitions I still think they still desperately need someone to challenge Eggestein / Höfler for their spots

Hinteregger? Do you mean the Gregoritsch rumors? If so, I think that he's (probably) only going to get brought in if someone like Demirovic or Sallai leaves. So it should be 10 players for 4 spots...but of those 10, a number have significant question marks.

- Schade's out to start the season, and you never know how long he'll need to get back into form even when he is healthy again.
- Petersen's very long in the tooth & who knows what he has left in the tank...and even if he still has another year left, is there any scenario where it's as more than just a joker off the bench?
- And is Weißhaupt ready for a more significant role than he had last year or is he just a 3rd-stringer again?

You could easily get the negative outcome on all 3 of those and find yourselves with just 7 guys you can feel comfortable about having to start until Schade is back:
Grifo
Kyereh
Doan
Yeong

Sallai / Gregoritsch
Demirovic / Gregoritsch
Höler

I've liked Wagner with the u19 NTs...though I'm lower on Keitel than most...but agreed about getting someone ready to push Höfler & Eggestein right now, being a good idea. I saw you getting linked to PSG's Dina Ebimbe, maybe he's the answer to our concerns there?

Last edited:
Reactions: samabam

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Hinteregger? Do you mean the Gregoritsch rumors? If so, I think that he's (probably) only going to get brought in if someone like Demirovic or Sallai leaves. So it should be 10 players for 4 spots...but of those 10, a number have significant question marks.

- Schade's out to start the season, and you never know how long he'll need to get back into form even when he is healthy again.
- Petersen's very long in the tooth & who knows what he has left in the tank...and even if he still has another year left, is there any scenario where it's as more than just a joker off the bench?
- And is Weißhaupt ready for a more significant role than he had last year or is he just a 3rd-stringer again?

You could easily get the negative outcome on all 3 of those and find yourselves with just 7 guys you can feel comfortable about having to start until Schade is back:
Grifo
Kyereh
Doan
Yeong

Sallai / Gregoritsch
Demirovic / Gregoritsch
Höler

I've liked Wagner with the u19 NTs...though I'm lower on Keitel than most...but agreed about getting someone ready to push Höfler & Eggestein right now, being a good idea. I saw you getting linked to PSG's Dina Ebimbe, maybe he's the answer to our concerns there?
Of course I mean Gregoritsch, sorry, long day at the office.
I do think that Weißhaupt will see his role increased and with petersen, he will remain the spark plug he was for much of the last season but he will still be seeing significant minutes

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Of course I mean Gregoritsch, sorry, long day at the office.
I do think that Weißhaupt will see his role increased and with petersen, he will remain the spark plug he was for much of the last season but he will still be seeing significant minutes

No worries, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something crazy lol. I feel like you need two guys who you would be comfortable starting to handle europe...especially if you get out of your group and need to deal with european weeks in the ruckrunde as well.

So Petersen coming off the bench for his 20-30 minutes a game, doesn't really change that calculus for me. Weißhaupt taking a significant step, on the other hand, would. Since he hasn't spent much time with the higher-profile youth NTs, I haven't seen much of him...but if he can step up early in the season, that could lead to a logjam when Schade gets back.

...but that could also resolve itself via future injury, one of the new additions not settling in well / quickly, someone struggling for form, etc. So I'd probably err on the side of 'burn that bridge when you cross it' if the money's there to reinforce the midfield and keep 10 attacking options.

If you don't have enough left in the budget and would need to choose between reallocating the money you got for Demirovic / Sallai into Gregoritsch or a midfielder, then I'd probably prioritize upgrading the midfield too.

Reactions: samabam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad