German Football 2021-2022

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Scally was good. And he did so playing out of position. I hope he plays again next week.

He looked very solid against the ball. Didn't get a chance to see much of him in possession though; which will be very important for him, as he looked very much like a work-in-progress there in the cup match...but so far he's done well to seize on the opportunity he's gotten with Bensebaini banged up & Netz being such a late addition to the squad.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looked very solid against the ball. Didn't get a chance to see much of him in possession though; which will be very important for him, as he looked very much like a work-in-progress there in the cup match...but so far he's done well to seize on the opportunity he's gotten with Bensebaini banged up & Netz being such a late addition to the squad.

He played it safe in possession. It’s not his strength at RB either. He’s more of a defensive/athletic RB. Bensebaini will get his spot back when fully fit and Netz will push for minutes, but I think Scally might get another start or two, and then he’ll start pushing Lainer on the right side. Gladbach is strong at fullback. Probably the best fullback depth in the league right now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He played it safe in possession. It’s not his strength at RB either. He’s more of a defensive/athletic RB. Bensebaini will get his spot back when fully fit and Netz will push for minutes, but I think Scally might get another start or two, and then he’ll start pushing Lainer on the right side. Gladbach is strong at fullback. Probably the best fullback depth in the league right now.

Yeah, I expect him to start against Leverkusen. Hopefully he keeps it up :yo:

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can't say I like that we're still whistling Tah; he was just standing up for a team-mate. Even if Hübner didn't actually say anything shitty & Amiri just misheard him, Tah speaking up was the right thing to do.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fun half. The pill-pushers were the better team, so hopefully our intensity wears them down as this game goes on, but we did have our periods of ascendancy too and they are certainly vulnerable.

PS - I don't know when I'll stop being excited about Sky having hired 'tusche for their halftime show :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hope Taiwo has a good season. He can play, but was never going to play for Liverpool

Judging by his goal & what a nuisance he's making himself to Leverkusen's defenders; it looks like having a permanent home has him in even better form than he was last year :crossfing

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I didn't like that response from Zingler.

"I didn't whistle...You should ask the men & women who whistled. It's their right." is some equivocating bullshit. I know protecting the fanbase is part of his job, but that was weak.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Judging by his goal & what a nuisance he's making himself to Leverkusen's defenders; it looks like having a permanent home has him in even better form than he was last year :crossfing
It should. He’s more than good enough to score a lot at that level. I just don’t think he developed enough to get further at this stage. He also needs the stability and playing time.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Feels like a few too many half-time-beers were consumed the locker-rooms...

lol wtf was that Frimpong?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad