German football 2019/2020

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Wtf is going on at the Hoffenheim/Bayern game :huh:
From what I gather, Bayern fans displayed a banner/banners calling Hoffenheim’s owner a son of a bitch. This is apparently not the first time visiting fans have done something like this, since fans of other German clubs resent SAP for pumping money into Hoffenheim. The referee interrupted the match twice to address it and was unsuccessful, so in protest of the Bayern fans’ actions, the players decided to play keep ups for the last 10 minutes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh so the referees and owner were offended by the fans peacefully exercising their freedom of speech and adding passion to the game... well they shouldve ignored it and displayed mental strength not to be effected by words. Like men were men in the 60s.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Oh so the referees and owner were offended by the fans peacefully exercising their freedom of speech and adding passion to the game... well they shouldve ignored it and displayed mental strength not to be effected by words. Like men were men in the 60s.

The sign was actually "son of a whore", so the insult was to the mother of the owner. Frankly, I have no problem with what the players did.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I am sure his mother is OK.

Let the police deal with it if there is something wrong with that banner and/or their songs.

If insulting someone´s mother now is enough to get games stopped. Honestly I can only laugh.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The sign was actually "son of a whore", so the insult was to the mother of the owner. Frankly, I have no problem with what the players did.

It's an extremely common insult in German that is lobbed around all the time at soccer matches at opposing players and fans.

Just three weeks ago the referee and other players ignored monkey chants that Schalke fans aimed all match at a black player for Hertha, and the referee in fact ended up giving a second yellow to that player for being upset at the chants. Lovely example that throwing a banal insult at an owner will stop a match but the racism and far right banners that seem to pop up all the time simply have to be ignored.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Well, the score line was 6-0 against the home team, don't think that would happen if the result was in doubt. But what you can take from that is that players, managers, club bosses etc. are all millionaires and have more in common with each other than with the fans.

The funny thing is that the Hopp/Hurensohn thing has taken on a life of its own precisely because Hopp finds it impossible to ignore. It's never going to go away now because it's such an easy yet highly effective provocation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
But they keep on playing when a player is being racially abused

Yup

Let me be clear I don't mind the game was stopped although calling someone a SOB is pretty tame. It's just hilarious that it happened on the heels of some BLATANT racism on here. Hopefully the same energy is transferred to future racist behavior. In any case my post was pretty obvious mocking someone on here.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Another terrible game from Nubel, letting in a howler own goal. With the way he has been playing since announcing him moving to Bayern next season, he won't be threatening Neuer's position at all nor getting to play many games there. Schalke are probably better off not playing him for rest of the season, or at least for the next few games.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Another terrible game from Nubel, letting in a howler own goal. With the way he has been playing since announcing him moving to Bayern next season, he won't be threatening Neuer's position at all nor getting to play many games there. Schalke are probably better off not playing him for rest of the season, or at least for the next few games.

Dude cant handle the negativity. As expected he’s become a persona non grata for many fans after the announcement. Its not even surprising really..if his agent didnt prepare him for it, he needs a new one.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Schalke-Bayern tonight (DfB Pokal). Both teams agreed on terms they will leave the pitch, if something like last saturday at the Hoffenhem-Bayern game happens again.

This will be fun...

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Some important games this weekend.

Hertha-Bremen
Mainz-Düsseldorf
Gladbach-Dortmund
Schalke-Hoffenheim

After yesterday's loss Paderborn's fate seems to be sealed.

Nürnberg lost to Hannover yesterday. Well, actually not newsworthy, but after the game two Nürnberg players received death threats. Sick world.

Reactions: Lambo

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Bremen blew a two goal lead in Berlin, think its now between them and Fortuna for the final relegation spot. Title race could be all but over after this MD too if Dortmund don't win at Gladbach, Leipzig not in the best of forms (domestically)

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Schalke-Bayern tonight (DfB Pokal). Both teams agreed on terms they will leave the pitch, if something like last saturday at the Hoffenhem-Bayern game happens again.

This will be fun...

The censorship has led to mockery as could be expected, but Frankfurt did it better:

52455c2a-7846-4eac-9d3d-81e96e88ca2a_w948_r1.77_fpx47.24_fpy49.99.jpg

"Dietmar Hopp you son of a"

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leipzig falling away, as expected. This is their first season challenging for the title. It was going to be difficult enough anyway to not get fatigued, but still being in Europe wasn't going to help. They'll be back next season.

Gritty win for Dortmund. That was one of our worst performances of the season, but it was against Gladbach, so almost a guaranteed win.

Bayern plays tomorrow. They are in great form, but the lack of Lewandowski could show up one of these games.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The censorship has led to mockery as could be expected, but Frankfurt did it better:

52455c2a-7846-4eac-9d3d-81e96e88ca2a_w948_r1.77_fpx47.24_fpy49.99.jpg

"Dietmar Hopp you son of a"
Actually it said: Hopp, you son of a mother.:naughty:

TBH I don't understand this crap. How are clubs like Bayern, BvB or Eintracht Frankfurt different?
If they don't like it, they can watch 3rd league or amateur. Those ultras don't understand that Bundesliga is entertainment and business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad