German football 2019/2020

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Congrats Gladbach! This Bundesliga season makes fun. Now the FC Bayern team pays their price for the bad behaviour towards their former coach Kovac.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Algerian homer mode activated :

BENSEBAINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
You need balls to shoot that penalty kick in extra time. Good he scored twice so I understand how his name is pronounced. LOL.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The BL race is by far the most interesting of the big leagues this season. When you consider the clubs involved, the rivalries and how close it surely really is it should have plenty of angles.

Reactions: Power Man and Lambo

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The BL race is by far the most interesting of the big leagues this season. When you consider the clubs involved, the rivalries and how close it surely really is it should have plenty of angles.
Imagine Schalke had won yesterday.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
giphy.gif

What. Is. Happening.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
giphy.gif

What. Is. Happening.
Congrats, cgf, they are better than expected.

In other news: After Paderborn's last minte goal vs. Werder Köln is last in the standings. Only Poldi can save them. Bremen are a huge disappointment so far.

Reactions: cgf

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Also because the two teams that actually play good football are currently at the top of the table instead of the two richest teams. Not sure how long Bayern will stay down but you still love to see it.

Reactions: Cassano

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
No comments on the gameday, yet? Probably because the top teams won and there were no real surprises as of now. Werder's 1:6 at Bayern is concerning. On the other hand, they have a lot of injured players. not funny for them. Effzeh won vs. Leverkusen. This might calm the fans a bit.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't know why anyone thought Gladbach would compete for the title this season. Does anyone remember last season? They were closest to Dortmund right before the winter break, and they didn't even finish in the UCL places. Rose is good manager and might be able to take them into the UCL this season, but as bad as the league is this season, they will not be competing for the title in the final few weeks.

Leipzig, on the other hand, could. They have a deep squad, so that could mitigate some concerns about still being in three competitions, but their players have never had much to play for into the last few months of the season. Will they get fatigued? They could be helped out a lot by being eliminated from the Pokal and UCL next round.

I agree with Bon Esprit. Tuesday will be interesting. I feel like it could go either way. Leipzig is playing much better football than Dortmund and I think needs the mental cushion going into the winter break to have a real shot at winning the title. On the other hand, Dortmund losing at home is a rarity and I still think Favre is under pressure to win games or lose his job. If Dortmund loses, and then drops more points before the winter break, he could be out of a job, so there should be urgency there. As a Dortmund fan, a win on Tuesday would be huge. I don't know how many of you are golfers or golf fans, but I feel like we've done a pretty good job this season with how we've scored (points-wise), despite playing terribly. Improving the quality of our "bad form" has been the biggest development so far this season.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't know why anyone thought Gladbach would compete for the title this season. Does anyone remember last season? They were closest to Dortmund right before the winter break, and they didn't even finish in the UCL places. Rose is good manager and might be able to take them into the UCL this season, but as bad as the league is this season, they will not be competing for the title in the final few weeks.

Maybe not, but Wolfsburg has the best defense in the league and failing to break that in my eyes does not yet indicate poor form. Others will continue to lose some points too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Probably because all the other top teams have been quite bad. The 75 point pace that Leipzig are on would be the lowest to win the Bundesliga in 9 years. They will also have fewer fixtures than other top teams now that they've been eliminated from the Europa League and the Pokal.

I doubt any team will be close to Bayern at the end of the year, really.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Werder-Mainz 0:5. WOW

Mario Basler (yes, THE Mario Basler) said on sunday BVB want Kohfeldt to become their next coach. I believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad