German football 2019/2020

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Finally got around to watching Bayern/Dortmund and wow...Davies is really coming into his own already. So many superlatives to use about this kid, but it says enough when announcers and fans alike in Germany are raving about a 19 year old playing out of position on one of the best teams in the world. A near flawless performance in this clash which was quite important and had big implications. Can't wait to see what his ceiling is like.

Reactions: Tuggy

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Jens Keller becomes the next coach of 1. FN Nürnberg. LOL!
The lol is not because of Keller or Nürnberg, but Keller was on sport1 talk last sunday. Seems to be a golden rule: Go to sport1 talk and then you'll get a new job within days.

In other news: The city, that doesn't even exists is leading the second Bundesliga now.Unreal, Thomas Helmer might like that.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Jens Keller becomes the next coach of 1. FN Nürnberg. LOL!
The lol is not because of Keller or Nürnberg, but Keller was on sport1 talk last sunday. Seems to be a golden rule: Go to sport1 talk and then you'll get a new job within days.

In other news: The city, that doesn't even exists is leading the second Bundesliga now.Unreal, Thomas Helmer might like that.
Tele 5 advertising charakter Thomas Helmer? ;). Yes Arminia ..................(not exist) is crazy. East Westphalia rules(Arminia, Paderborn, Verl(DFB-Pokal)). ;)

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Tele 5 advertising charakter Thomas Helmer? ;). Yes Arminia ..................(not exist) is crazy. East Westphalia rules(Arminia, Paderborn, Verl(DFB-Pokal)). ;)
Yeah, I remember that. Bodyshaper or something. Best part was he chuckled dring the tv spot, because it was so embarrassing.
Helmer is from OWL (Herford iirc) and played for Armina at some point of his career.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Kenan Kocak will be the next coach of Hannover 96. TBH I have no clue who this guy is. He was at Sandhausen at some point and has roots in Mannheim (incl. VfR and Waldhof). Well, doesn't matter. If they are lucky they don't get relegated. I don't expect much.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So Beierlorzer to Mainz, Gisdol and Heldt to Köln. Kinda funny, cos Gisdol was at sport1 talk a couple of weeks go. I guess cgf will sleep well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bild is saying Zagadou now wants to leave, as does Balerdi. This is after we sold Diallo last summer. I'm not even sure Balerdi has appeared for us in a competitive game, and we spent 15M on him.

This is exactly why I didn't want us to sign Hummels. And admittedly, he's been great, but his presence has caused all the young CB's to want to leave. We'll get much less than we should get for them because we'd be selling low, and next summer we'll end up with a struggling Akanji whose been shot ever since his hip injuries and Hummels, who can't move, despite still being a good player. CB will be a problem for us next season. I can see it coming.

Favre also deserves some blame for continuing to play Akanji, despite him playing terrible for months. He's even using Weigl at CB instead of these young CB's. Diallo was right to leave. He knew he wouldn't play.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Delaney picks up an injury and is out until January. A shame as I never like players to be injured. Let’s see if Favre is now willing to play Brandt deeper in midfield. The Bayern match showed the need of a box to box CM for the squad who can carry the ball forward, someone like the player Dahoud was supposed to develop into.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The bolded feels superfluous.
That's right.

They did this "candles lighting at the Cologne dome " before. My guess is they will collect money to bring Poldi back and he will refuse the money and plays for free.
Some club's cultures are hard to understand, but 1 FC Köln is a complete different level.

Reactions: cgf

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Last game of Favre in Bundesliga. 0:3 at home vs Paderborn?? Are you kidding me? Lucien has lost the team awhile ago, but this is plain and simple embarrassing.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
It seems like the BVB-Team plays against their own coach. This was the last game for Favre. Who could be the succesor? Korkut or Frontzeck? ;) ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad