German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The literal words are. The underlying intent is not.

Yes, I get it. Let’s complain about how others regard my team’s players, but when my team’s actions show that they aren’t particularly enthusiastic about using that player, there is a perfectly acceptable excuse.

Why exactly am I wrong?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes, I get it. Let’s complain about how others regard my team’s players, but when my team’s actions show that they aren’t particularly enthusiastic about using that player, there is a perfectly acceptable excuse.

Why exactly am I wrong?
Good players can be loaned and underrated at the same time.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Always liked Iwobi. Easy choice in a league as unkind to young players as the EPL to keep a good 22 year old over a good 18 year old.

He would not. I don't see the need for him. We signed Gomez from Barcelona who plays the same position and same style of game as Foden, and he hasn't played a minute all season. I think he's probably better than Gomez, but Favre's first choice lineup does not play with a Foden style of player. He prefers using a second striker type like Reus instead in Foden's best position. Thats the whole reason Goetze hasn't played much this season. He also doesn't want to let that type of player play deeper either, so I don't see how this makes any sense. I won't be mad if we sign a good player, but I don't see the room for him to get minutes.

Gomez will probably start to get more playing time later in the season. Kind of like how Sancho and Pulisic did at roughly the same age in their first year with Dortmund's senior team.

This strikes me as possibly similar to when they brought in Mor, Dembele, and Pulisic at roughly the same time. Give all of them a chance, and you can probably sell on even the one who doesn't cut it for you at a profit - as they sold Mor for 33% more than what they paid for him after just a year - just by virtue of letting him pass through your system and having the prestige of that attached to him.

Dortmund's attack is packed for now, but from a financial perspective, I don't see how they wouldn't do it. Give Foden just a little playing time and he would likely be worth 100x those £175k. It's just such a slam dunk move with no risk at all if that's the price.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gomez will probably start to get more playing time later in the season. Kind of like how Sancho and Pulisic did at roughly the same age in their first year with Dortmund's senior team.

This strikes me as possibly similar to when they brought in Mor, Dembele, and Pulisic at roughly the same time. Give all of them a chance, and you can probably sell on even the one who doesn't cut it for you at a profit - as they sold Mor for 33% more than what they paid for him after just a year - just by virtue of letting him pass through your system and having the prestige of that attached to him.

Dortmund's attack is packed for now, but from a financial perspective, I don't see how they wouldn't do it. Give Foden just a little playing time and he would likely be worth 100x those £175k. It's just such a slam dunk move with no risk at all if that's the price.

I could see that happening. Kagawa leaving in the winter would help Gomez out, but we know how it goes with Kagawa. He's completely out of favor, not even making the 18 regularly and then all of a sudden he's in favor and one of the most important players in the team. Always seems to happen.

Agree about Foden though. Bring him in. I don't mind. I just don't see him being a starter right away.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Why exactly am I wrong?
You’re taking the decision as Arsenal not liking Reiss Nelson. Anyone who follows arsenal knows it’s because Iwobi is good, Mkhi isn’t going to not play, and we want Nelson to develop. You’re saying Iwobi like he’s bad. Anyone who follows Arsenal knows he’s been one of our best players. You say he’s been bad the last couple years. Anyone who follows Arsenal knows that Iwobi showed these flashes over the last couple years and just needed to put together consistency. I think Emery helped, too.

You have some need to criticize English clubs for development. Maybe you feel like the Bundesliga is underhyped so you have to criticize the EPL. I don’t know. What I do know is that there’s just nothing to critique here. It’s fantastic management by Arsenal.

At the same time, anyone who follows Arsenal knew that Nelson was going to be special. Hearing from others that he wasn’t was him being underrated. Arsenal and its fans still like Nelson. This was just a good way to continue his development

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
You’re taking the decision as Arsenal not liking Reiss Nelson. Anyone who follows arsenal knows it’s because Iwobi is good, Mkhi isn’t going to not play, and we want Nelson to develop. You’re saying Iwobi like he’s bad. Anyone who follows Arsenal knows he’s been one of our best players. You say he’s been bad the last couple years. Anyone who follows Arsenal knows that Iwobi showed these flashes over the last couple years and just needed to put together consistency. I think Emery helped, too.

You have some need to criticize English clubs for development. Maybe you feel like the Bundesliga is underhyped so you have to criticize the EPL. I don’t know. What I do know is that there’s just nothing to critique here. It’s fantastic management by Arsenal.

At the same time, anyone who follows Arsenal knew that Nelson was going to be special. Hearing from others that he wasn’t was him being underrated. Arsenal and its fans still like Nelson. This was just a good way to continue his development
Arsenal is the most overrated club in europe! And the EPL is a money shredder league. No more,no less. ;)!

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Another goal for Reiss Bumbaclot Nelson. He is making the Bundesliga look like PL U23. Took him 2 minutes to score.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Big loss. Hitz looked poor in the Pokal match and Bürki has been stellar this year.

I agree. Buerki is better and has been very good this season, but its different from the last two seasons where we had a much inferior back up who couldn't adequately play at this level anymore. Hitz can, but he hasn't played all season, so its hard to expect him to play that well. I still think if he can find his regular level of play, he's a pretty good back up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hamez on the bench again

I don't understand this. Without Thiago, he's their best player. With Thiago, he might still be their best player. He was the best player in the Bundesliga last season, and he's been good when he's played this season. Why doesn't Kovac rate him?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't understand this. Without Thiago, he's their best player. With Thiago, he might still be their best player. He was the best player in the Bundesliga last season, and he's been good when he's played this season. Why doesn't Kovac rate him?
Some reasons as to possibly why:

1. Kovac is a bad coach
2. Player wants to leave Bayern
3. Occasional FC Hollywood witch-hunt for one of their best players.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Some reasons as to possibly why:

1. Kovac is a bad coach
2. Player wants to leave Bayern
3. Occasional FC Hollywood witch-hunt for one of their best players.
1. True
2. Maybe
3. When's the last time that happened? Ballack?

4. James had a knock, didn't he? He's had a mediocre season so far. I like the guy and have seen him do great things but he hasn't been excellent this year.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Weigle gets a lot of hype on HFBoards for some bizarre reason. He's been invisible so far lol

Beauty goal by Bayern. Yeah baby.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Seems like Bayern are doing a better job of shutting down Dortmund's counters before they get started. Sancho has been a bit poor so far.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Seems like Bayern are doing a better job of shutting down Dortmund's counters before they get started. Sancho has been a bit poor so far.

I can't get over how poor that Götze pass was on the early counter when he had 3 players to pick from and managed to put the ball behind all of them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I can't get over how poor that Götze pass was on the early counter when he had 3 players to pick from and managed to put the ball behind all of them.

Yeah, that was bad. I think he made good plays on the couple of other counters he was involved in though.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Weigl and Goretzka have been the worst players on the pitch so far. Dishonorable mention to Boateng's horrific long ball attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad