German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Götze doing a lot to silence his critics this week.
If I was a Götze critic I would say 2 games are a small sample size.
Anyway, good game by Dortmnd from I've seen with a typical mistake by a young defender in the end. I mentioned it before this is the main problem of Dortmund, not the scoring. Let the youngsters mature and everything will be fine in the future.
And by the way, Bayern even lost to Hertha. They are pretty good so far.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If I was a Götze critic I would say 2 games are a small sample size.

They are, yes. But at this point, those two matches account for 57% of the total minutes Götze has played in competitive matches this season, so I'd say the same goes for a lot of the criticism of him this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Akanji returns to the lineup today. Good news. I would've rested Hakimi and Zagadou today with the two big games coming up next week. They are playing too many minutes, and we saw with Akanji's injury what could happen if you keep that going, but I suspect Favre doesn't trust Toljan and Toprak right now, which I can't entirely blame him for.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Akanji returns to the lineup today. Good news. I would've rested Hakimi and Zagadou today with the two big games coming up next week. They are playing too many minutes, and we saw with Akanji's injury what could happen if you keep that going, but I suspect Favre doesn't trust Toljan and Toprak right now, which I can't entirely blame him for.
Knallcacer (Lol, but that's how Bild called Alcacer) is back, too.

Huge game at Schalke, both coaches need the win.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Wasteful and mediocre match from Dortmund and nearly gave it away again with fouls in the box.

Bayern drew at home against Freiburg so the gap is back up to 4 points.

Wish Dortmund would play full lineup of backups in the Pokal from now on to maximize their chances at being fresh in league matches if Bayern is going to leave the door so open for them. Have to reduce chance of dropping points in league matches because the opponent is fresher.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
3rd youngest to score 5 goals in the Bundesliga. But he's average and there are loads of better players in the PL2 and U18 that are better than him.

Nothing's stopping your team from using him this season. You chose to loan him out. Your team chose to use Iwobi instead.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
following coaches won't last until christmas:

Tedesco
Breitenreiter
Kovac

Agree about Breitenreiter. Hannover better make a change soon. They are too good to get relegated. They don't want to put themselves into big trouble so early in the season, and be forced for the rest of the season to fight relegation. I don't think he has long to sort it out.

I don't think Heynckes is going to un-retire again to bail Bayern out, so I think they are going to try to do everything to give Kovac more time to sort things out. If they lose next weekend, they might have to make a change though. A seven point gap would be very big.

Disagree about Tedesco. Schalke has gotten better results lately and they are doing well in the UCL. I think the expectations at Schalke are too big for the squad that they have. They aren't close to as good as Bayern, Dortmund or Leipzig. With this squad, they should be competing for the last UCL spot or the Europa League spots, and I still think they will. Its still pretty early in the season, and they are better than some of the teams ahead of them. I think they will also improve in the league once they are eliminated from the UCL, and don't have two games per week.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Press-release from the state-run media account: The dissenter is eternally sorry for criticizing the state. She has apologized and the apology is accepted. Nothing more to see here.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Looks like Dortmund is very interested to sign Phil Foden. Heared from someone who was at the U19 game that they are in good talks with Foden. He has a contract till 2020. City dont wants the Sancho scenario again. They threatened to go to court and not give a playing permit till clarification.

Borussia Dortmund could snatch Manchester City youngster Phil Foden for just £175,000 | Daily Mail Online
Would he start on Dortmund? Not sure if that's the best place if he wants playing time.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He would not. I don't see the need for him. We signed Gomez from Barcelona who plays the same position and same style of game as Foden, and he hasn't played a minute all season. I think he's probably better than Gomez, but Favre's first choice lineup does not play with a Foden style of player. He prefers using a second striker type like Reus instead in Foden's best position. Thats the whole reason Goetze hasn't played much this season. He also doesn't want to let that type of player play deeper either, so I don't see how this makes any sense. I won't be mad if we sign a good player, but I don't see the room for him to get minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad