Confirmed with Link: GERARD GALLANT FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
We know characters like Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider etc. would never have said a bad word about Gallant. He let them run the show and do whatever he wants.

Feedback from exit interviews has to be people outside that little clique (likely younger players and Shesterkin) not liking the way things were done.
Disagree. I think a guy like Kreider is a good enough leader to see the issues and want a change, even if he had it pretty comfy for GG. I think Kreider/Trouba/Goodrow all made it clear a change was needed.

Reactions: CLW

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Good, the YOUNG players spoke up.

dont be so sure, i am willing to bet a lot that members of the leadership spoke up as well. people here mock trouba, but he is important here and he CLEARLY had ongoing issues with the team and how the coaches were using players and not holding them accountable. i suspect things are not as rosey in that locker room as some people think and it is not simply vets vs kids.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Seriously happy this happened. He has worn out his welcome,.

This team plays pond hockey. There is no structure, no true accountability, no real x's and o's being done. It showed on the ice. You need to have a balance. Also, a coach who isnt here to help coach up talented 1 overall and 2nd overall picks or any of the kids? You can get the f*** out.

Good Riddance.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With clueless David Quinn doing nothing and Grandpa Gerard just being a personality, AV's "cheat for rush chances" system has become the team culture, with a tenth of speed his teams had.

I don't think a Quenneville is any different although I'll admit I haven't observed him closely without the automatic win button he had in Chicago, which you can't judge a coach on.

Regardless, Quenneville is just the biggest name for a team that's once again becoming a collection of the big, obvious names. Drury's chance to show me he offers anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad