Confirmed with Link: GERARD GALLANT FIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaded Fox

Nov 8, 2010
NJ
I know I'm in the minority here. But anyone who knows what it takes even without HC experience is this man.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230506_172718.jpg
    Screenshot_20230506_172718.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 2

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Incredible.

Back to back 105+ point seasons and out after two years.

This franchise basically just sucks. No stability.
I’m not going to defend Gallant, but it seems like this is being overlooked.

I do realize the majority of the people who post here would be happier with 73 point seasons for the next ten years while drafting “talent” and “rebuilding”.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Listen, if a new coach can turn Panarin into a person who gives a crap, especially when it matters the most, then all good. I just have my doubts.
Count me in. Honestly I think even if he cared he just can't play the style needed to win. He makes it to easy for the opponent. Tons of turnovers and has no ability to get to the middle of the ice anymore

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Exactly fire the coach not the 11.6 million dollar guy who can not play playoff hockey anymore. It is what it is.
It is impossible for turk to 180 the way he treated the vets here for 2 years and suddenly be a tougher coach on them. if drury is committed ot these players (ugh) the only option was to bring in someone else that can present a different level of authority to the vets right from the start. i again would not be surprised if babcock was involved in this seach in some manner.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Need a coach that will swallow their pride and adjust to the opponent they’re playing, especially in a 7 game series, but even throughout the year. We left points on the table because Gallant just shoved his system/structure out there no matter who they were playing, even when it wasn’t going to work.

They needed to play a tighter neutral zone game against NJ to slow their game down. They made no changes throughout the series.

You had guys not giving 100% effort. Fox with the laziest f***ing play I have ever seen. No accountability

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I'm not sure if it's the right move but here we are. The team construction last year was better by the playoffs and I think Drury did a great job until the Kane trade. That trade wasn't what we needed. We should have just added that to the Van trade and gotten Garland at 50% when they were in trouble and looking to make changes. Would have added the speed and forcheck we clearly needed. Hopefully they go back to the value moves this offseason.

Reactions: leetch99

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
We know characters like Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider etc. would never have said a bad word about Gallant. He let them run the show and do whatever they wanted.

Feedback from exit interviews has to be people outside that little clique (likely younger players and Shesterkin) not liking the way things were done.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Seems like a familiar story with Gallant, get immediate success, also fairly quickly outwear your welcome.

Our vets sure did put up a good face at the break up day saying how great Gallant was. Are they all great liers, or did the kids and Russians speak up?

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad