News Article: Georgiev requests trade

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Hank won't cry for you Georgiev. Bye Felicia.

lundqvist-sad.gif

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Boy this place loves scapegoating and piling on.
Georgie was no worse than most of the skaters,
The Oil top talent had NYR pinned in D-zone and chasing pucks for so many long shifts.
I dont believe this loss was as much his fault as many folks here have written
Then you didn’t watch the game, The Great Wall of Georgie SUCKED!!!!!
Even Valley, who never blames a goalie for a goal,lol, was just ripping this SIEVE of a goalie who let his team down.
Being pinned down at times isn’t the reason the pucks were going in because there wasn’t a lot of grade A chances.
His angles, positioning, and his lack of rebound control is barely AHL level

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
BTW, DeAngelo is good enough for the Hurricanes because they care about talent and not politics or feelings of terrible backups. This is why we'll always be a Mickey Mouse organization. f*** Gorton and JD.
The Canes owner made his money in underutilized assets. That’s why I posted all summer TDA would end up there. He was a cheap buy this year. If he has a good season(he is certainly off to a good start) and wants a huge contract, he may not stay there.

Reactions: egelband

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Considering how much these players put on the line, when some guy is out there making peewee level mistakes they deserve to f***ing hear it. I hear it at work when I ask a question about something that was already answered or ask a stupid question and I make less than 6 figures. f*** Gorton for getting rid of TDA because a player dared call out this pile of shit. Honestly, I don't know what Drury would have done but I'm officially on the Gorton and JD needed to go, if for nothing else than their treatment of DeAngelo.
If it were anybody but TDA, Georgie porgie pudding and pie woulda been bye bye last year

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Tony called this guy out for being a joke. Last night was very reminiscent of that night.

goergiev was throwing a tantrum last night too with a couple stick smashes.

he’s a weirdo that nobody likes akd he’s a terrible goalie. I have no idea what he’s still doing here. Bring up kinkaid a guy that will actually help in the lockerroom and play a solid game you know you have a chance to win. That’s all we need.

this dream that Georgiev is a legit 1b that can steal you games is absolute nonsense

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Georgiev sucks, but maybe try to play some hockey in front of him. He might ironically trigger some lineup moves if Gallant does the job he's supposed to.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Tony called this guy out for being a joke. Last night was very reminiscent of that night.

goergiev was throwing a tantrum last night too with a couple stick smashes.

he’s a weirdo that nobody likes akd he’s a terrible goalie. I have no idea what he’s still doing here. Bring up kinkaid a guy that will actually help in the lockerroom and play a solid game you know you have a chance to win. That’s all we need.

this dream that Georgiev is a legit 1b that can steal you games is absolute nonsense
Lmao he really is a weirdo, if you look through their social media interactions or even just watch them gathering after a game and talking to each other; no one ever talks to him. Even the fellow Russians never did. DeAngelo who everyone calls a cancer gets invited to weddings, was always seen laughing with other players and hangs out with them outside of hockey. Even Kravtsov who they say doesn't get on well with the team, he was more part of the team than Georgiev and even with non-Russians, he would hang out with Miller and go surfing together. He took several selfies with him and they commented on each others IG posts, even Krav and Tony would comment on each others posts joking around even though they were barely ever even on the team at the same time. Georgiev is a freak, hands down my least favorite Ranger of all time and I think many would agree.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People complaining about the team in front of him, sure I get it. But when you give up backbreaking goals you take away all of the momentum from your team and give it to the other team. I guarantee the team would have played better if they had a goalie that wasn't giving up backbreaking goals. All he had to do was not give up that second goal and the team probably wins this game and the momentum doesn't swing nearly as much in the Oilers' direction.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
People complaining about the team in front of him, sure I get it. But when you give up backbreaking goals you take away all of the momentum from your team and give it to the other team. I guarantee the team would have played better if they had a goalie that wasn't giving up backbreaking goals. All he had to do was not give up that second goal and the team probably wins this game and the momentum doesn't swing nearly as much in the Oilers' direction.
This is a GREAT COMMENT and 100% true. Their are ones who say they were flustered or were panicking, I didn’t see any of that as they stayed within the structure. The Oilers are an offensive machine right now but how many grade A chances did the Rangers really give up, not many. Like you said there is nothing more back breaking than soft goals and even worse, multiple soft goals

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is a GREAT COMMENT and 100% true. Their are ones who say they were flustered or were panicking, I didn’t see any of that as they stayed within the structure. The Oilers are an offensive machine right now but how many grade A chances did the Rangers really give up, not many. Like you said there is nothing more back breaking than soft goals and even worse, multiple soft goals

This was exactly my point. I don't remember a single difficult save he made but he gave up four terrible goals, two legit goals. That's something you take and run with 100 times out of 100 against the Oilers. People talking about the defense just get off on bashing this team. They played a solid game and their goalie gave it away like I've never seen before.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
This was exactly my point. I don't remember a single difficult save he made but he gave up four terrible goals, two legit goals. That's something you take and run with 100 times out of 100 against the Oilers. People talking about the defense just get off on bashing this team. They played a solid game and their goalie gave it away like I've never seen before.
Vally was saying this exact thing that when they went up 4-1, it was AG turn to make some saves and just flat out let the team down. I can’t remember the last time Vally turned on one of his own,lol, but it was that obvious
And you’re right about that WOW save, he didn’t have to make one because the Oilers just did not great chances

Reactions: Daves a mess

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Vally was saying this exact thing that when they went up 4-1, it was AG turn to make some saves and just flat out let the team down. I can’t remember the last time Vally turned on one of his own,lol, but it was that obvious
And you’re right about that WOW save, he didn’t have to make one because the Oilers just did not great chances

And of the four goals, only one you could argue was a really difficult opportunity against and a f*** by the defense and it was on 3 on 3 OT, which isn't real hockey. But that still should have been saved because it wasn't that difficult of an attempt.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
And of the four goals, only one you could argue was a really difficult opportunity against and a f*** by the defense and it was on 3 on 3 OT, which isn't real hockey. But that still should have been saved because it wasn't that difficult of an attempt.
And even on that one in OT, he reacted slow to the shot like he was screened, but it’s one on one and that could have been the WOW save, but no

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And even on that one in OT, he reacted slow to the shot like he was screened, but it’s one on one and that could have been the WOW save, but no

I guess it would have been a wow save because he was one on one with Draisaitl, but the shot attempt wasn't very good. But it didn't have to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00