Waived: George Plaster

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I forgot all about Callahan being in the show. Maybe it's because, as I recall, Callahan didn't get to talk very much. I forgot all about that so maybe it means Stillman would just dominate whatever show he is on to the point where he might as well be solo?

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
I swear to god Stillman has to mention "I have the most intelligent audience" at least 15 times per show. It's nauseating. His time slot's ratings don't help much, either.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The only thing I've ever agreed with Stillman on was when he went off on a rant before the Preds opener last year about token redneck southerner refusing to give hockey a chance because it's a northern sport. I couldn't care less about him though. And I don't listen to this guy anymore like I used to but I can't help but think Stillman sounds just like Jason Smith on Fox Sports Radio. The first time I heard him I thought that's who it was.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Not saying there aren't southern redneck hockey fans, just saying that he was mocking the ones that use hockey being a "Yankee sport" as their reason for being ignorant towards it.
I never quite understood that notion. That's the same as someone from up North saying "I won't watch Nascar or try Fried Chicken because it's mainly a Southern thing"...makes zero sense.

And there's no way in hell I'm saying no to Fried Chicken!...:popcorn:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I also hate Nascar. I shouldn't say hate, I don't have a feeling towards it. Never followed it.

I would like to see some true stock car races though, that would be interesting...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I also hate Nascar. I shouldn't say hate, I don't have a feeling towards it. Never followed it.

I would like to see some true stock car races though, that would be interesting...
I'm frequently surprised that even though I'm a total sports dork, I not only have never liked Nascar, I have absolutely no idea about any of it at all. Outside of it happening in the summer, I don't know when their season is, how many races they do, who hardly any of them are, what their "postseason" is, etc.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
When I first moved south I picked up NASCAR because all of my new friends were into it and i had watched a bit of it before anyway. Picked Rusty Wallace as my driver because his car had the best paint job. It was a mildly interesting sport back then, but now the cars have become so regulated and standardized, the drivers and crews have become so systematic and robotic, every race seems the same to me now and it's no longer enjoyable, I don't think I've watched in the last 5 years and dont plan to anytime soon.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

I have found that most NASCAR fans rarely ever follow any other sport even other motor sports. It seems to be a singular mindset. I sometimes watched a race until Dale Earnhardt died.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I never quite understood that notion. That's the same as someone from up North saying "I won't watch Nascar or try Fried Chicken because it's mainly a Southern thing"...makes zero sense.

And there's no way in hell I'm saying no to Fried Chicken!...:popcorn:

When I was in college one of my roommates was from Wilkes-Barre PA and she loved NASCAR. Her whole family loved it and they had a big vacation every year at a race.

Meanwhile, I have still never watched a whole race. I really only watch a few laps and try to catch the ending of the Daytona 500.

I watch Indy car a little bit, I follow Josef Newgarden to see how he does since he's from Hendersonville. I watch some F1 races for the city scenery, especially Monaco! I would like to see one of these types of races.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
Not saying there aren't southern redneck hockey fans, just saying that he was mocking the ones that use hockey being a "Yankee sport" as their reason for being ignorant towards it.

Just because someone from the South does not like hockey doesn't mean they are a dumb redneck. Most of the U.S. doesn't pay attention to hockey. Why don't they get the put downs, too?

I think it's that snobby attitude that turns off a good deal in the South. It's like the old "you hicks don't know how to drive in the snow like up north" silly argument.

This explains exactly why Plaster was a ratings giant here for so long, and hardly anyone even knows Stillman exists.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Just because someone from the South does not like hockey doesn't mean they are a dumb redneck. Most of the U.S. doesn't pay attention to hockey. Why don't they get the put downs, too?

I think it's that snobby attitude that turns off a good deal in the South. It's like the old "you hicks don't know how to drive in the snow like up north" silly argument.

This explains exactly why Plaster was a ratings giant here for so long, and hardly anyone even knows Stillman exists.
I didn't say dumb rednecks. Being a redneck doesn't make you dumb. I'm not sure why everyone seems to be missing the point on my post, but it's cool. I don't care usually care why a person doesn't like hockey but I just think that believing it's dumb because it's some northerner sport is a little silly. I don't really get that concept even though I was born and raised in the south

Last edited:

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
It's just what we feared....

Floyd Reese, Jared Stillman to replace George Plaster

Their new show is going to be called Jared and the GM and air from 2-6.

No word on what will happen with the 12-3 show and no word on Willy's role, if he still has one.

told ya so....

I give it about 4 minutes into the show where people will wish Plaster was still there.

and whoever named the show deserves a promotion worthy of government proportions. Jared and the GM? Lame-O

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Hahaha I will NEVER have that show on my radio.

The tools over there at ESPN radio have no clue how bad that show is going to be.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
It's just what we feared....

Floyd Reese, Jared Stillman to replace George Plaster

Their new show is going to be called Jared and the GM and air from 2-6.

No word on what will happen with the 12-3 show and no word on Willy's role, if he still has one.

At least it's not Darren McFarland who is the worst by far. I wish they would replace him on the pre/post Preds shows. He has such a grating personality.

I actually like Floyd Reese. He can't carry a show but he offers good football wisdom.

Afternoon sports talk is dead to me, now. I wasn't a Plaster fan, but he was a decent alternative to that trainwreck 3HL on 104.5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad