Confirmed with Link: Geoff Ward to Coach Mannheim in 2014-2015

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Hi there

In Germany there are some rumors about Geoff Ward becoming the new head coach in Mannheim (Seidenberg's club).
Does anyone know if he intends to leave the Bruins or something like that?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hmm, well if he wanted to leave the Bruins for a better job I think nows a good time. If he left us when the PP was bad it would have effectively been the same thing as being fired.

Hope its true I don't really want him around for life after Krug should Torey price himself out of town.

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
Bring in Oates to run the PP.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully this is Cam's evil plan.

83867469bd024bf7a50a08773b479ae7.jpg

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Why would Ward choose to leave the NHL for Germany?

Makes no sense ...

You might think that.

But he coached a team in Germany before and I'd rather be a head coach than an assistant coach.
Just think of all the flak he got here ... and rightly so.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I can confirm that these rumours are true, he is trying to get back to Germany. FWIW, no big loss, not a big fan of his.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I can confirm that these rumours are true, he is trying to get back to Germany. FWIW, no big loss, not a big fan of his.

If anybody is wondering who my source is, he is a coach in the German League and is good friends with Ward.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

If anybody is wondering who my source is, he is a coach in the German League and is good friends with Ward.

Thanks. Much appreciated. :)

how do you say "fix the ****ing powerplay" in german?

Well, you actually only have to translate the middle of that sentence since we also use the term "powerplay". ;)

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Oates is going to get hired by someone to fix their PP and do a damn fine job. I'd LOVE to get him as our PP/offense coach. Or whatever it's called.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Nothing wrong with the power play at the moment. Not sure if 'Oatsie' would enjoy Claude's no asst. coach talking to media rule.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Best of luck to him. Had a bumpy ride but he still deserves more respect than he gets around here.

Bruins finished 3rd in the league on the pp both in the regular season in playoffs.

In the regular season they were at 22.9%. The pens were fists at 23.2%.

In the playoffs they were at 26.5%. The Lightning and Flyers were tied at 28.6%.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

member 96824

Did the best he could with the power play personnel he had.

Good luck to him.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Best of luck to him. Had a bumpy ride but he still deserves more respect than he gets around here.

Bruins finished 3rd in the league on the pp both in the regular season in playoffs.

In the regular season they were at 22.9%. The pens were fists at 23.2%.

In the playoffs they were at 26.5%. The Lightning and Flyers were tied at 28.6%.

Yea, those numbers are post Torey Krug who took whatever Ward was doing, smashed it into a billion pieces, and forced something to happen.

member 96824

Yea, those numbers are post Torey Krug who took whatever Ward was doing, smashed it into a billion pieces, and forced something to happen.

Cause the players are responsible for the power play. If you've got 5 guys playing pass around the umbrella with no one willing to force the play, you could have Jesus himself coaching the PP and it wouldnt make a difference.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Cause the players are responsible for the power play. If you've got 5 guys playing pass around the umbrella with no one willing to force the play, you could have Jesus himself coaching the PP and it wouldnt make a difference.

I'm pretty sure after Jesus smites a few players someone would step up. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad