Gently lay a fork atop Florida but don't pierce them

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Slap to the face for people who says Barkov is overrated. Panthers will be fine when Barkov comes back.

tenor.gif

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Never rely on a man nicknamed Huby. I’ve been taught this lesson time and time again during my time on earth.

Reactions: DrJustice

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
They are sill definitely the 3rd best team in the Atlantic, and that’s with bobrovsky plying the worst hockey of his career so far (he will pick it up). Fortunately teams like Detroit and Ottawa and buffalo are rebuilding, while Montreal is struggling and the leafs are just a badly constructed hockey team with a good offence.

A first round matchup with with Boston or Tampa is going to be a tough one for florida, no doubt.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Pierce them, pierce them. Make with the violence.

The Panthers are weird. If everyone is firing on all cylinders, they have a hella good team. But it always seems like there are a few guys slumping at the same time and that cancels out the dudes that are playing well. It's so bizarre.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Before Barkov got hurt all I hear on HF was " Huberdeau is the MVP in Florida". I do think Barkov is more important to the team than Huby and now it is showing...

I still think Huby may be the more offensively gifted player(although Barky has been playing hurt all year so we don't know how he might have produced playing with Huby while playing in what should be one of his peak years), but Barkov is the engine that makes this entire team go. You just don't lose a top 10 center and not feel the effects of it on your team. Especially Barkov, he has a great affect on all three zones.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Well, it's a miracle if they DO make the playoffs with their number one goalie having under .900 save percentage.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
why is bob so bad this year

It's just the way things have shaped up this season.

Instead of the team defense and Bob coexisting in harmony, going into games knowing exactly what you're getting from both sides, he's trying to be the superstar goalie while the defense cross their fingers.

As a result, some nights Bob is good but the chances are too good against, some nights Bob is bad because he's trying to do too much even when he doesn't have to. In other words, every night feels like a battle to keep the puck out.

It's tough to suddenly change that. It takes a lot of hard work, commitment and success to achieve that calming trust between the team and the goalie. Wait until next year when they'll come into the season with a mindset of "we have to cut down on chances against, we have to better defensively, we have the offense in this room so we're not worried about scoring just have to make things easier on Bob".

But for now, Panthers score 3.5 goals per game so you just enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I still think they make the playoffs but last night's loss to Vegas really doesn't make the team look good at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00