Generic, All Encompassing, General Purpose, 2022 SC Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
This is one of those rare situations where I'm happy either team won.

Tampa did well for the last couple of years, double cup and almost triple, that's quite amazing.

Colorado got what they came for and the team is still quite young.

I did hope that the game would go into game 7 OT, but that's really nitpicking.

EDIT: Here's hope that Colorado will sit and shit on that north Albertan team's face for years to come.
I can never be happy for the Avalanche, I still have a very bitter taste in my mouth about how that franchise came to be and the tremendous advantages its fanbase was handed from the get-go that had effects well after their earliest years. But at this point, after that team has gone through a full teardown and rebuilt into a dominant force, it's mostly just embarrassing for our own team that we've been fully lapped over the last few years by yet another team.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
I only hated Chi, Lak from that list. Cheered forTampa until this year. Perry, Maroon, Mcdonout, the fans, the refs, Cooper made it easy to not like them this year

Sure but i couldn't not appreciate how that team laid it all out there and took an absolute f***ing beating to get that close. The amount of blocks by everyone, including their stars.

They were the inferior team on paper in multiple series this season. They were down in 3/4 series. I just really appreciated the grind they went through

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
This is one of those rare situations where I'm happy either team won.

Tampa did well for the last couple of years, double cup and almost triple, that's quite amazing.

Colorado got what they came for and the team is still quite young.

I did hope that the game would go into game 7 OT, but that's really nitpicking.

EDIT: Here's hope that Colorado will sit and shit on that north Albertan team's face for years to come.
The real mac goes golfing with a cup ring )

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I can never be happy for the Avalanche, I still have a very bitter taste in my mouth about how that franchise came to be and the tremendous advantages its fanbase was handed from the get-go that had effects well after their earliest years. But at this point, after that team has gone through a full teardown and rebuilt into a dominant force, it's mostly just embarrassing for our own team that we've been fully lapped over the last few years by yet another team.

Our team should absolutely feel embarrassed. And I will gladly take every bit of embarrassment for the Orcas we can get, if that means motivation of sort that leads to our management and (pathetic) ownership to avoid such embarrassment, no matter the cost, in the future.

Which is why I get very annoyed by the notion of "being playoff team" as the goal, and how some would think this team being in the playoffs deserves some kind of celebration.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Our team should absolutely feel embarrassed. And I will gladly take every bit of embarrassment for the Orcas we can get, if that means motivation of sort that leads to our management and (pathetic) ownership to avoid such embarrassment, no matter the cost, in the future.

Which is why I get very annoyed by the notion of "being playoff team" as the goal, and how some would think this team being in the playoffs deserves some kind of celebration.

Yup. We need so much more it’s crazy that some people still think we should trade our 1st.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yup. We need so much more it’s crazy that some people still think we should trade our 1st.

I honestly don't know what the team should do right now, we're in limbo, and having Horvat Boeser Pete and Hughes' best years/contracts being wasted is a shockingly real possibility.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think the Kadri thing is revisionist. I understand why he’s dunking but the dude had a history in playoffs of being a let down, regardless of how clearly good he was.

I don’t think people would have batted a huge eye if Colorado traded him last year either just because of the risk given history.

Trading him for Barrie, however, was literally ALWAYS so f***ing funny.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the Kadri thing is revisionist. I understand why he’s dunking but the dude had a history in playoffs of being a let down, regardless of how clearly good he was.

I don’t think people would have batted a huge eye if Colorado traded him last year either just because of the risk given history.

Trading him for Barrie, however, was literally ALWAYS so f***ing funny.

It is fair commentary to say that Kadri’s lack of discipline cost his team dearly a couple of years in a row, I think. I’m sure it was hard to go through and it’s sweet vindication for him now - but it wasn’t like the criticism around him was baseless. He’s a really good player, but his actions were costly.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
In other words: f*** the Avs and wish our team had the same level of success as them.

That said short term memory issues seems to run rampant around here given how Kadri headshotted a Sedin in the past and how many Avs fans have ridiculed Hughes over these years.

Indeed, I envy what Sakic has done for that franchise as a player and an executive. They need to build his statue in Denver.

Overall, I am not pissed about the Avs winning, but nor am I happy about it. Either team winning makes no difference.

I am just happy that the off-season has started and looking forward to what the new management does for our team.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It is fair commentary to say that Kadri’s lack of discipline cost his team dearly a couple of years in a row, I think. I’m sure it was hard to go through and it’s sweet vindication for him now - but it wasn’t like the criticism around him was baseless. He’s a really good player, but his actions were costly.

All valid points, but at the end of the day you can't tell me Kadri's shade tossed at (some) Leafs fans/players isn't hilarious.
:laugh:

I wish one of the ex-orca players could throw some painful shots at JEB and the Orcas. Toffoli KINDA did it but his shots were was rather tame.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
All valid points, but at the end of the day you can't tell me Kadri's shade tossed at (some) Leafs fans/players isn't hilarious.
:laugh:

I wish one of the ex-orca players could throw some painful shots at JEB and the Orcas. Toffoli KINDA did it but his shots were was rather tame.

Oh, it is funny. Any time shade gets tossed at the Center of the Universe I find it pretty funny. It’s almost too bad we are headed into the off-season - I’m sure the HNIC and TSN panels would have devoted endless time to dissecting the remarks and what they mean about / how they impact the Maple Leafs.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Oh, it is funny. Any time shade gets tossed at the Center of the Universe I find it pretty funny. It’s almost too bad we are headed into the off-season - I’m sure the HNIC and TSN panels would have devoted endless time to dissecting the remarks and what they mean about / how they impact the Maple Leafs.

meanwhile...Matthews had cereal with milk.

and McDavid had cereal with...*long pause*...milk.

but one of them poured milk before cereal, find out who, right after break.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Matthews is starting to look like Doc from Back to the Future.

matthews.png

Reactions: Intoewsables

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
How much of that though was because he was the only one pushing back physically against the Bruins and no other Leaf backed him up? They just targeted Kadri and threw him off his game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
How much of that though was because he was the only one pushing back physically against the Bruins and no other Leaf backed him up? They just targeted Kadri and threw him off his game.

Could be a fair point, I don’t remember the whole series’ well.

Unrelated - looks like the Cup took a bit of damage tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad