Generic, All Encompassing, General Purpose, 2022 SC Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is one of those rare situations where I'm happy either team won.

Tampa did well for the last couple of years, double cup and almost triple, that's quite amazing.

Colorado got what they came for and the team is still quite young.

I did hope that the game would go into game 7 OT, but that's really nitpicking.

EDIT: Here's hope that Colorado will sit and shit on that north Albertan team's face for years to come.

Reactions: AppleHoneySauce

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
In all seriousness, good for Megna. It’s not easy being a journeyman player bouncing from the minors to the pros. He should have been a popular success story in Vancouver, but the boneheaded manner in which he was utilized kind of precluded that. But good for him. Nice to see the hard working journeyman hoist the grail.

Kadri’s “kiss my ass” comment is an all timer. Like him or hate him - he was certainly polarizing in Toronto and earned his right to throw some shade the hard way.

There’s been Cup winners that have left you going “really?” When they win - hard to argue with Colorado being among the class of the league. What a well constructed, talented and entertaining team. Tampa holds all of that, too, but nice to see the torch pass as well.

Now let’s get the off season started and see some Canucks wheeling and dealing!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
In all seriousness, good for Megna. It’s not easy being a journeyman player bouncing from the minors to the pros. He should have been a popular success story in Vancouver, but the boneheaded manner in which he was utilized kind of precluded that. But good for him. Nice to see the hard working journeyman hoist the grail.

Kadri’s “kiss my ass” comment is an all timer. Like him or hate him - he was certainly polarizing in Toronto and earned his right to throw some shade the hard way.

There’s been Cup winners that have left you going “really?” When they win - hard to argue with Colorado being among the class of the league. What a well constructed, talented and entertaining team. Tampa holds all of that, too, but nice to see the torch pass as well.

Now let’s get the off season started and see some Canucks wheeling and dealing!
What was the context of Kadri's comment? I missed the last bit of this game.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Other than Vasi, the Bolts were a very hateable team this year which they put on full display at the end

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I'm thinking about Brayden Point who was injured with a tough injury and couldn't play. Had to watch his team lose the 3 peat.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Other than Vasi, the Bolts were a very hateable team this year which they put on full display at the end
To be fair... modern day dynasties are never loved.

Detroit, Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh, Tampa. Winning breeds arrogance.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
To be fair... modern day dynasties are never loved.

Detroit, Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh, Tampa. Winning breeds arrogance.
I only hated Chi, Lak from that list. Cheered forTampa until this year. Perry, Maroon, Mcdonout, the fans, the refs, Cooper made it easy to not like them this year

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm thinking about Brayden Point who was injured with a tough injury and couldn't play. Had to watch his team lose the 3 peat.

Over the years, I’ve come to view “getting lucky with with injuries” as arguably the most important component in winning a Cup. It’s a massive grind; if you lose key guys to injury, it’s hard to overcome, even if your team is awesome.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Interesting looking at the TOI, Avs top 6 all played almost 20 minutes each while the bottom 6 played under 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad