OT: General UFC/MMA/boxing discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
This fight is not garnering as much interest as previously thought by the promoters; the Bell Centre isn't even sold out, which is pretty weird. I think they took the clients for granted and jacked up the prices way too much.

Our company itself is stuck with tens of tickets unsold. We wanted to organize buses from Gatineau and the interest level is pretty low. We were shocked.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And my answer is when I spend 200$ on tickets or 55$ to order a PPV, I want the fights, especially the main event, to be exciting. Point is, in recent years it hasn't been the case with GSP. From personal experience, me and my buddies were at UFC 129 at the Rogers Stadium and GSP's fight was the most anticipated on the card and was the selling point on me and my buddies getting tickets. AND GUESS WHAT? St-Pierre vs Shields was the most boring fight on the whole card (including the preliminaries). We left in the middle of the 4th round because we knew that GSP wasn't going to get the finish and we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We ended up right and GSP apologized yet again for not being able to deliver a finish.

GSP is top 5 P4P in the world no doubt, but there are tons of fighters I'd rather see fight. From the obvious names like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar to the less known names like Diego Brandao, Donald Cerrone and Glover Texeira.

That's because you think a perfect technical fight is boring.
I won't disagree, I also feel it wasn't the most entertaining fight, but I think people criticize GSP a tad too much about his lack of finish.
He won't back up against the cage, drop his gloves and have fun dodging punches before having enough of it and destroy his opponent like A.Silva, but his dominance during fights is remarkable as well.

This fight is not garnering as much interest as previously thought by the promoters; the Bell Centre isn't even sold out, which is pretty weird. I think they took the clients for granted and jacked up the prices way too much.

Our company itself is stuck with tens of tickets unsold. We wanted to organize buses from Gatineau and the interest level is pretty low. We were shocked.

I'm not sure how things are going for the UFC. I know it's become a lot more mainstream for a while, and although it's good, I always felt it could have some negative impact.
I remember having discussions a few years back here about the UFC. I remember saying that White is only thinking about becoming more mainstream, but I felt it worsened the match ups and rivalries. Too many fighters, too many shows, too many new comers, same format, always.
Maybe it's just me, but I used to watch every fight possible, and I couldn't wait for the next PPV. But now, you get the ultimate fighter, fight nights, sometimes two PPVs a month, UFC on Fox, UFC on Fuel TV, UFC on FX...it never ends.
Too many fighters means the UFC has a hard time finding true contenders. So many average fighters in the UFC that came from his shows. I think it's made the UFC as a whole a lot more average.
His TUF show brings in less than 1M viewers a week, that's pretty, pretty weak. They are already doing season 17, yet the 16th one is still underway. 17 seasons in 8 years, that's more than 2 seasons a year.

Making the UFC mainstream has made it less special. Now, I don't think mainstream is all bad, but there's just too much of it out there now.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

The truth is, PPV is still the best way to watch a fight unless you are ringside. Obstructed views, hillbillies with Tapout shirts, drunks... I prefer a group of friends and PPV to the live event now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The truth is, PPV is still the best way to watch a fight unless you are ringside. Obstructed views, hillbillies with Tapout shirts, drunks... I prefer a group of friends and PPV to the live event now.

Yes, and you don't want to miss Goldberg repeat the same damn thing and make any ass out of himself all PPV long. Sometimes it's more entertaining than the fights.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Also, GSP injured himself quite badly in the Shields fight. He couldn't see with one eye after being poked, and I think he injured himself to a leg or ankle too. It shows how good he is that he was still able to dominate completely.
yes he coudlnt really see from the left eye if i remember correctly and after GSP won the fight the first thing he said was he was really sorry for the perfomance and that he coudlnt finish,u saw how disapointed he was evendoh he won the fight and gaved Shields hes first lost in 8 or 9 years.To sit here and hate on St-Pierre because he doesnt knockout opponents is unfair,the guy dominates fight after fight,round after round and the way he dominates every opponent is more then enough to make us fans enjoy every second of the fight.

GO GSP :yo:

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal

I completely agree with you. I mean to watch a hockey game yes I would love to go to the Bell Center and see it, but to watch a UFC event live from the bell center, not so much...You barely see anything, you don't hear Joe Rogan screaming his lungs out, the ambiance may be nice but the best view is from TV.

Even Dana White said it once, when he's watching fights live he usually just looks up on the TV.

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal
And my answer is when I spend 200$ on tickets or 55$ to order a PPV, I want the fights, especially the main event, to be exciting. Point is, in recent years it hasn't been the case with GSP. From personal experience, me and my buddies were at UFC 129 at the Rogers Stadium and GSP's fight was the most anticipated on the card and was the selling point on me and my buddies getting tickets. AND GUESS WHAT? St-Pierre vs Shields was the most boring fight on the whole card (including the preliminaries). We left in the middle of the 4th round because we knew that GSP wasn't going to get the finish and we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We ended up right and GSP apologized yet again for not being able to deliver a finish.

GSP is top 5 P4P in the world no doubt, but there are tons of fighters I'd rather see fight. From the obvious names like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar to the less known names like Diego Brandao, Donald Cerrone and Glover Texeira.

Let me guess...you're one of them Nick Diaz butthurt fanboys arent you?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not sure how things are going for the UFC. I know it's become a lot more mainstream for a while, and although it's good, I always felt it could have some negative impact.
I remember having discussions a few years back here about the UFC. I remember saying that White is only thinking about becoming more mainstream, but I felt it worsened the match ups and rivalries. Too many fighters, too many shows, too many new comers, same format, always.
Maybe it's just me, but I used to watch every fight possible, and I couldn't wait for the next PPV. But now, you get the ultimate fighter, fight nights, sometimes two PPVs a month, UFC on Fox, UFC on Fuel TV, UFC on FX...it never ends.
Too many fighters means the UFC has a hard time finding true contenders. So many average fighters in the UFC that came from his shows. I think it's made the UFC as a whole a lot more average.
His TUF show brings in less than 1M viewers a week, that's pretty, pretty weak. They are already doing season 17, yet the 16th one is still underway. 17 seasons in 8 years, that's more than 2 seasons a year.

Making the UFC mainstream has made it less special. Now, I don't think mainstream is all bad, but there's just too much of it out there now.
Exactly, I used to be the same way as you but now there's way too many UFC events. There's one PPV a month, one UFC on Fuel or FX and then there's Ultimate Fighter. It becomes like wrestling where that much MMA is too much and becomes redundant. The UFC became main stream in the first place because it was unseen stuff for our generation back then and it was totally NEW. But Dana White and the Fertitta brothers have been milking it down as much as they can while it's still popular which is a perfectly understandable thing to do from a business POV, but from a fan's POV it just makes me lose interest because I don't have that much time to invest for a sport that I watch on the side. Especially with the PPVs that UFC has been offering where there's a good main event and one good fight on the main card then nothing.

The fact that there's so many events now has made the UFC's standards on fighter much lower, with so many events they need a lot more bodies to fill up those preliminary cards and main cards. The UFC used to be the place where the best MMA fighters would fight but now with such a huge demand there are a lot of fighters that shouldn't be in the UFC right now. The introduction of new weightclasses like the bantamweight and flyweight divisions didn't really help in that department either.

They should honestly change The Ultimate Fighter format because the fighters getting in the UFC are getting weaker and weaker by the season. The past seasons except for the Bisping Mayhem Miller one hasn't really produced any fighters in recent years so that goes to show you that if a) it's not warranting any attentions from fans like you said and b) it doesn't produce any good UFC fighters, they should stop doing the show.

The best thing that UFC could right now is expand in unknown territories like they're doing right now in Sweden and China because NA as a whole (unless it's in a city that UFC hasn't gone to like Calgary this year) has lost interest in MMA.

Let me guess...you're one of them Nick Diaz butthurt fanboys arent you?
:laugh: I like the Diaz brothers for how they fight but no it has nothing to do with that. I just don't get why GSP is the poster boy of the UFC and why people get excited for his fights when they're nowhere near the most exciting in the UFC. FWIW I thought Condit won his fight against Diaz.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Exactly, I used to be the same way as you but now there's way too many UFC events. There's one PPV a month, one UFC on Fuel or FX and then there's Ultimate Fighter. It becomes like wrestling where that much MMA is too much and becomes redundant. The UFC became main stream in the first place because it was unseen stuff for our generation back then and it was totally NEW. But Dana White and the Fertitta brothers have been milking it down as much as they can while it's still popular which is a perfectly understandable thing to do from a business POV, but from a fan's POV it just makes me lose interest because I don't have that much time to invest for a sport that I watch on the side. Especially with the PPVs that UFC has been offering where there's a good main event and one good fight on the main card then nothing.

The fact that there's so many events now has made the UFC's standards on fighter much lower, with so many events they need a lot more bodies to fill up those preliminary cards and main cards. The UFC used to be the place where the best MMA fighters would fight but now with such a huge demand there are a lot of fighters that shouldn't be in the UFC right now. The introduction of new weightclasses like the bantamweight and flyweight divisions didn't really help in that department either.

They should honestly change The Ultimate Fighter format because the fighters getting in the UFC are getting weaker and weaker by the season. The past seasons except for the Bisping Mayhem Miller one hasn't really produced any fighters in recent years so that goes to show you that if a) it's not warranting any attentions from fans like you said and b) it doesn't produce any good UFC fighters, they should stop doing the show.

The best thing that UFC could right now is expand in unknown territories like they're doing right now in Sweden and China because NA as a whole (unless it's in a city that UFC hasn't gone to like Calgary this year) has lost interest in MMA.

Like I said, I don't know just how the UFC is doing, I'm pretty sure they're still making tons of cash.
But what made it special back then was that it was only seen once a month, and in their early days, not even.
UFC 1- November 93
UFC 2- March 94
UFC 3- Sept 94
UFC 4- Dec 94

That's 3 UFCs within a year. I'm not saying we should go back to that, I think once every 1 month or 1month 1/2, would be ideal in terms of creating hype and building it up. But it was a lot more interesting as it was less accessible, people were eagerly waiting to see the next knock out.

It also seemed like you knew every single fighter in the UFC. You saw all their fights and knew their fight records. Now, I bet Dana White doesn't even know all the guys he hires. Just too many.

There was also Pride FC back then, that, imo, was much better than the UFC.
But since the UFC took control of pretty much all MMA, what I feared would happen, happened, became more and more popular, quality of PPVs dropped as UFC competition ceased to exist, familiarity with fighters slowly disappeared (unless they stay Champs for a long time).

Can't blame Dana for wanting to milk the cow as you said. But it just made the sport all that much less interesting to me.

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal
The UFC is stacking the PPV cards, and putting all the contenders and the new up and comers on the Fox and FX cards. I looked at what UFC 155 and UFC 156 will look like and they are stacked from top to bottom. Even the preliminaries are sick fights. I also find that the Fox cards are pretty stacked too, it's just the FX cards that are kinda weak, but that's mainly because of budget reasons.

The UFC right now is in expansion mode. They started with TUF Brazil, now TUF China, and next year they are thinking of doing TUF Canada. They want to turn the UFC into a mainstream sport. They want to have an event every week everywhere in the world and develop new talent from all over the world.

As a hardcore MMA fan, I can only say that it is a good thing, because the more fights we have, the better it is and the happier I am. I love watching MMA even if I am watching lower tier fighters. The free fight cards won't be as stacked but hey that's why they still have PPV's and that's where they put their biggest fights.

It is an entertainment business and the more cows Zuffa has the more milking it can make. That's why they're going to other markets and taking all these new risks. I just hope they don't try and expand too fast because it can possibly harm them in the future.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The UFC is stacking the PPV cards, and putting all the contenders and the new up and comers on the Fox and FX cards. I looked at what UFC 155 and UFC 156 will look like and they are stacked from top to bottom. Even the preliminaries are sick fights. I also find that the Fox cards are pretty stacked too, it's just the FX cards that are kinda weak, but that's mainly because of budget reasons.

The UFC right now is in expansion mode. They started with TUF Brazil, now TUF China, and next year they are thinking of doing TUF Canada. They want to turn the UFC into a mainstream sport. They want to have an event every week everywhere in the world and develop new talent from all over the world.

As a hardcore MMA fan, I can only say that it is a good thing, because the more fights we have, the better it is and the happier I am. I love watching MMA even if I am watching lower tier fighters. The free fight cards won't be as stacked but hey that's why they still have PPV's and that's where they put their biggest fights.

It is an entertainment business and the more cows Zuffa has the more milking it can make. That's why they're going to other markets and taking all these new risks. I just hope they don't try and expand too fast because it can possibly harm them in the future.

Stacked? You and I have a different definition of it. A lot of it constitute average fighters. The New Years card is one of the worst I've seen in years.
Just look at this upcoming weekend. Hendricks and Kampmann are the contenders to the WW?? That's just sad..

TUF fighter might die before it ever reaches Canada. They are generating less than 1M viewers a week, the show needs to improve ratings if it wants to survive.
Their plan for that is to have Jones vs Sonnen as the next coaches (really don't understand how Sonnen suddenly deserves to fight Jones) of the show, in a different time slot. Heck, one of the fighters on the show this year is my friend's Boyfriend and I don't even watch the show on a regular basis because it's the same freaking thing, every freaking year. Bunch of average fighters scrapping it out, getting drunk, punching walls, acting like the dumbest of kids out there. I only watch when I know he'll be fighting or if I have nothing going on Friday night (really rare).
But things won't change, the show needs a break. It's bad, real bad.

The sport has already become mainstream, he wants it to become a world wide huge sports that eventually will hit the Olympics. But if I compare the shows today compared to 10 years ago or 15, etc, I get a lot less entertained.

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal
Stacked? You and I have a different definition of it. A lot of it constitute average fighters. The New Years card is one of the worst I've seen in years.Just look at this upcoming weekend. Hendricks and Kampmann are the contenders to the WW?? That's just sad..TUF fighter might die before it ever reaches Canada. They are generating less than 1M viewers a week, the show needs to improve ratings if it wants to survive.
Their plan for that is to have Jones vs Sonnen as the next coaches (really don't understand how Sonnen suddenly deserves to fight Jones) of the show, in a different time slot. Heck, one of the fighters on the show this year is my friend's Boyfriend and I don't even watch the show on a regular basis because it's the same freaking thing, every freaking year. Bunch of average fighters scrapping it out, getting drunk, punching walls, acting like the dumbest of kids out there. I only watch when I know he'll be fighting or if I have nothing going on Friday night (really rare).
But things won't change, the show needs a break. It's bad, real bad.

The sport has already become mainstream, he wants it to become a world wide huge sports that eventually will hit the Olympics. But if I compare the shows today compared to 10 years ago or 15, etc, I get a lot less entertained.

I agree and disagree with you on some parts. For example, the whole Ultimate fighter crap, I dont even watch it. Also, Sonnen vs Jones on TUF was pretty much a desprate move to save TUF ratings and have more people tune in. I for one, will watch a couple of episodes of that season just to see how Sonnen is trolling Jones.

This weekend's PPV is not stacked really but Kampmann vs Hendricks will be an epic scrap fight. Plus, I really doubt its a guaranteed title shot for the winner. I dont belive anything Dana says anymore.

As for the new years eve card and the one afterwards, I think there are some excellent fights and I really am looking forward to these fights. Even the next FOX events are stacked. Allow me to show you the list of the upcoming PPV's (155, 156) and the next FOX cards:

UFC 155
Champion Junior Dos Santos vs Cain valasquez
Phil Davis vs Forrest Griffin
Tim Boetsch vs Chris Weidman
Joe Lauzon vs Gray Maynard
Alan Belcher vs Yushin Okami
Chris Leben vs Karlos Veloma
Brad Pickett vs Eddie Wineland
Philip De Fries vs Matt Mitrione
Michael Johnson vs Myles Jury
Leonard Garcia vs Cody McKenzie
Byron Bloodworth vs Erik Perez

UFC 156
Champion Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
Alistair Overeem vs Antonio Silva
Dan Henderson vs Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Erick Silva vs TBA

UFC on FOX 5
Champion Benson Henderson vs Nate Diaz
Alexander Gustafsson vs Mauricio Rua
Rory MacDonald vs BJ Penn
Matt Brown vs Mike Swick
Lavar Johnson vs Brendan Schaub
Michael Chiesa vs Marcus LeVesseur
Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan
Mike Easton vs Bryan caraway
Scott Jorgensen vs John Albert
Ramsey Nijem vs Joe Proctor
Daron Cruickshank vs Henry Martinez
Tim Means vs Abel Trujillo
Yves Edwards vs John Cholish

UFC on FOX 6
Champion Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson
Donald Cerrone vs Anthony Pettis
Quinton Jackson vs Glover Teixeira
Erik Koch vs Ricardo Lamas
TJ Grant vs Matt Wiman

You're telling me these are bad cards? Where the last 2 are actually free? Don't get me wrong dude I loved Pride and I am a huge Pride fan. They had the best matchups ever, but to say that these cards I just listed are bad is just pure hate.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree and disagree with you on some parts. For example, the whole Ultimate fighter crap, I dont even watch it. Also, Sonnen vs Jones on TUF was pretty much a desprate move to save TUF ratings and have more people tune in. I for one, will watch a couple of episodes of that season just to see how Sonnen is trolling Jones.

This weekend's PPV is not stacked really but Kampmann vs Hendricks will be an epic scrap fight. Plus, I really doubt its a guaranteed title shot for the winner. I dont belive anything Dana says anymore.

As for the new years eve card and the one afterwards, I think there are some excellent fights and I really am looking forward to these fights. Even the next FOX events are stacked. Allow me to show you the list of the upcoming PPV's (155, 156) and the next FOX cards:

UFC 155
Champion Junior Dos Santos vs Cain valasquez
Phil Davis vs Forrest Griffin
Tim Boetsch vs Chris Weidman
Joe Lauzon vs Gray Maynard
Alan Belcher vs Yushin Okami
Chris Leben vs Karlos Veloma
Brad Pickett vs Eddie Wineland
Philip De Fries vs Matt Mitrione
Michael Johnson vs Myles Jury
Leonard Garcia vs Cody McKenzie
Byron Bloodworth vs Erik Perez

UFC 156
Champion Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
Alistair Overeem vs Antonio Silva
Dan Henderson vs Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Erick Silva vs TBA

UFC on FOX 5
Champion Benson Henderson vs Nate Diaz
Alexander Gustafsson vs Mauricio Rua
Rory MacDonald vs BJ Penn
Matt Brown vs Mike Swick
Lavar Johnson vs Brendan Schaub
Michael Chiesa vs Marcus LeVesseur
Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan
Mike Easton vs Bryan caraway
Scott Jorgensen vs John Albert
Ramsey Nijem vs Joe Proctor
Daron Cruickshank vs Henry Martinez
Tim Means vs Abel Trujillo
Yves Edwards vs John Cholish

UFC on FOX 6
Champion Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson
Donald Cerrone vs Anthony Pettis
Quinton Jackson vs Glover Teixeira
Erik Koch vs Ricardo Lamas
TJ Grant vs Matt Wiman

You're telling me these are bad cards? Where the last 2 are actually free? Don't get me wrong dude I loved Pride and I am a huge Pride fan. They had the best matchups ever, but to say that these cards I just listed are bad is just pure hate.

Kampmann and Hendricks are ranked #3 and #2 WW, with GSP unranked and Condit #1, so if in terms of ranking, they are considered contenders and whoever wins, if we follow logic, should get a title shot.

UFC 155, other than the title shot, there really isn't a fight that is all that interesting. As I said, one of the worst end of the year UFCs ever imo in terms of card.

UFC 156 is a little more interesting, but those should be the norm, not the diamond in the rough.

The UFCs on Fox or Fx are very uninteresting to me. It's not me hating, I just find the guys to be pretty average. That doesn't mean average fighters can't put on a good fight. But the cards don't lure me in at all.

Shadyone33

Aug 14, 2007
Toronto

I agree with you there. I remember when my brother and I started watching the PPV's, it would pretty much be one every other month. It's now at a point where you are LUCKY if there are 2 good fights per card. I keep thinking about the Hendo vs. Jones PPV that was cancelled and if there was even ONE other good fight on that card they wouldn't have had to cancel the entire PPV. If it were a few years ago the card would have carried on but for the most part the cards are too thin now.

Silva vs. GSP, don't want to see it because it would be too much of a mismatch. I heard at first that Silva would is going to be there on Saturday and was going to call GSP out but in an interview this week he said he would not be there to call out GSP. Thank God because I find it so tacky when fighters put up that staged garbage to hype up the next fight!

Oh, and another thing. I hope GSP wins as well. I just want him to win the fight without re-injuring his knee and I want to see if he's lost explosiveness in his takedowns due to the injury.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree with you there. I remember when my brother and I started watching the PPV's, it would pretty much be one every other month. It's now at a point where you are LUCKY if there are 2 good fights per card. I keep thinking about the Hendo vs. Jones PPV that was cancelled and if there was even ONE other good fight on that card they wouldn't have had to cancel the entire PPV. If it were a few years ago the card would have carried on but for the most part the cards are too thin now.

Silva vs. GSP, don't want to see it because it would be too much of a mismatch. I heard at first that Silva would is going to be there on Saturday and was going to call GSP out but in an interview this week he said he would not be there to call out GSP. Thank God because I find it so tacky when fighters put up that staged garbage to hype up the next fight!

Oh, and another thing. I hope GSP wins as well. I just want him to win the fight without re-injuring his knee and I want to see if he's lost explosiveness in his takedowns due to the injury.

Silva said he'll be there, but that he won't call out GSP, it just won't happen. Not surprised, it's really not his style. He also said he won't fight again until late 2013.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Kampmann and Hendricks are ranked #3 and #2 WW, with GSP unranked and Condit #1, so if in terms of ranking, they are considered contenders and whoever wins, if we follow logic, should get a title shot.

UFC 155, other than the title shot, there really isn't a fight that is all that interesting. As I said, one of the worst end of the year UFCs ever imo in terms of card.

UFC 156 is a little more interesting, but those should be the norm, not the diamond in the rough.

The UFCs on Fox or Fx are very uninteresting to me. It's not me hating, I just find the guys to be pretty average. That doesn't mean average fighters can't put on a good fight. But the cards don't lure me in at all.

Wow, let me strongly disagree about UFC 155. This is a very exciting card! You get to see the 2 best heavyweights in the world for the title + the future light middleweight champion (Weidman) + 2 of the top 10 lightheavyweight (Davis vs always exciting Griffin) + the best lightweight that has never been champion (Maynard) + the craziest fighter in the sport (Leben) + many very exciting fighters in the preliminaries (Garcia, Mitrione, etc.) What else can you ask??

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wow, let me strongly disagree about UFC 155. This is a very exciting card! You get to see the 2 best heavyweights in the world for the title + the future light middleweight champion (Weidman) + 2 of the top 10 lightheavyweight (Davis vs always exciting Griffin) + the best lightweight that has never been champion (Maynard) + the craziest fighter in the sport (Leben) + many very exciting fighters in the preliminaries (Garcia, Mitrione, etc.) What else can you ask??

You sound like Dana White trying to sell an average PPV.
What more do I want? Give me what an end of year card should be, that's 2-3 title matches, and the rest filled with contender bouts, like it once was.
But no, Dana is too busy trying to organize 3 events per month that he can't stack his card.

One of the worst New Years card.

Last edited:

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Friday, November 16

UFC® 154: ST-PIERRE vs. CONDIT: WEIGH-INS
New City Gas
950 Ottawa Street, Montréal, Québec, H3C 1S4
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Details
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.: Media Check-in & Doors for Fight Club Members
2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.: Q & A with Rory MacDonald
3:00 p.m.: Doors Open to the Public
4:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.: UFC® 154 Weigh-ins

- Internet available
- Media Entrance: New City Gas VIP Entrance
- A special all ages outdoor tent will be available for those under 18 to watch the weigh-ins

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC (18+)*
* LIVE ON UFC.com & YouTube.com/UFC
*Only persons aged 18 and older can gain entry to New City Gas. Friday’s weigh-ins will
have a special all ages outdoor tent for those under 18 years old.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Saturday,November 17

UFC® 154: ST-PIERRE vs. CONDIT
Bell Centre
1909 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal
Montréal, Québec, H4B 5G0

*Schedule is Subject to Change
5:15 p.m.: Media Check-In and Doors Open to the Public
5:15 p.m.-10:00 p.m.: Dinner Served (Press Lounge, Level 7)
6:20 p.m.: First Bout
7:00 p.m.: Preliminary Card Begins
10:00 p.m.: Main Card Begins; UFC® 154 LIVE on Pay-Per-View
12:00 a.m. (Approx.): UFC® 154 Concludes
12:30 a.m. (Approx.): UFC® 154 Post-Fight Press Conference (La Mise au Jeu restaurant)

- Video and interview opportunities available
- Internet and work space available in Media Room
- Media Entrance: Bell Centre Security Entrance (located on Saint Antoine Street)

UFC® 154 will also be broadcast live from Montreal in over 350 select movie theatres in the US. A complete list of theatre locations, prices and fighter appearances are available online at www.FathomEvents.com or www.UFC.com. In Canada, the event will be presented in five select movie theatres in Quebec. For a complete list of theatre locations and prices, visit the Guzzo Cinemas website at www.cinemasguzzo.com.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Any prediction for GSP?

Honestly, I'm a big fan, but I think he's going to lose that one.

Missing so much time has its toll, especially in a high-octane sport like MMA. And athletism is a big part of GSP toolbox.

Condit isn't some moran from god knows where, he's been around, won a lot, has tons of experience, and will be highly, highly motivated in securing his belt.

I really don't like being pessimistic, but I simply wouldn't bet on GSP big comeback.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Any prediction for GSP?

Honestly, I'm a big fan, but I think he's going to lose that one.

Missing so much time has its toll, especially in a high-octane sport like MMA. And athletism is a big part of GSP toolbox.

Condit isn't some moran from god knows where, he's been around, won a lot, has tons of experience, and will be highly, highly motivated in securing his belt.

I really don't like being pessimistic, but I simply wouldn't bet on GSP big comeback.
Best part about GSP is hes always surrounding himself with the best trainers and hes best tool is hes takedowns and Condit is a weak wrestler but St-Pierre said it perfectly in the press conference,they train hard for weeks preparing for the fight but once your in the octagon ne thing can happen,all it takes is one good punch to throw ur opponent to the floor.Goerge will prove once again why hes considered one of the best pound for pound fighters in the UFC and grab the win...not everyone might agree but i call a win for GSP by TKO

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
You sound like Dana White trying to sell an average PPV.
What more do I want? Give me what an end of year card should be, that's 2-3 title matches, and the rest filled with contender bouts, like it once was.
But no, Dana is too busy trying to organize 3 events per month that he can't stack his card.

One of the worst New Years card.

So you want what, 3 or 4 events per year and that's it? And leave the other fights to Strikeforce and Bellator? Give title shots to fighters after only one fight in the UFC?

I really don't see what's the problem with "too many events". You sound like a hockey fan who believe there's too many games. Let's go back to a 6 teams league with a 48 games calendar, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad