King Of The North
75959_10151283719396276_1123735111_n.jpg

where's the GSP fans at :yo:

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal
Yeah true that.

What worries me is that if he wins this saturday, Dana White will probably push the GSP vs Anderson Silva fight to happen.

I really don't wanna see GSP fight Anderson...

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Right here!!!

GSP will finish this in the first round by vicious Ground and Pound!!

georges-st-pierre-punches-bj-penn-at-ufc-94.jpg

I love Georges and i think he will win but there is no way that he finishes Condit. GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy so i'm not sure how he's going to do it against a guy with a much more active and dangerous guard. Condit was never TKOed/KOed but he was subbed a couple of times so maybe there is something to do there but i wouldn't count on it too much.

GSP by unanimous decision

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Right here!!!

GSP will finish this in the first round by vicious Ground and Pound!!

georges-st-pierre-punches-bj-penn-at-ufc-94.jpg

Too bad that's not going to happen! :laugh: The last time GSP finished a fight by a knockout or a submission, Koivu was still playing for Montreal. St-Pierre is the definition of the word conservative, and that was well before his injury. I don't wanna imagine how safe he's going to be with this one since a) he hasn't fought in almost 2 years b) he's going up against an EXCELLENT fighter who's well rounded and has big knockout power for a welterweight. Condit is no slouch, if GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy in a 5 round fight, there's no way that Condit will lose to him in the very first round of the fight.

As for the Super Fight between him and Anderson Silva if he beats Condit this Saturday, there's no doubt in my mind that Silva wins this one. He's simply too much for GSP to handle.

LaTenderness*

George will put Condit to rest with the angriest French Canadian flurry anyone has ever seen..... As for the " super fight" if and when it happens GSP will throw Anderson around the octogon like a blowup doll. It will be like when Chael Sonnen put a show on the spider except George will hold on to the win to become the most dangerous man in the world

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
George will put Condit to rest with the angriest French Canadian flurry anyone has ever seen..... As for the " super fight" if and when it happens GSP will throw Anderson around the octogon like a blowup doll. It will be like when Chael Sonnen put a show on the spider except George will hold on to the win to become the most dangerous man in the world

Huge difference in size and strength between Sonnen and GSP.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I love Georges and i think he will win but there is no way that he finishes Condit. GSP couldn't finish Dan Hardy so i'm not sure how he's going to do it against a guy with a much more active and dangerous guard. Condit was never TKOed/KOed but he was subbed a couple of times so maybe there is something to do there but i wouldn't count on it too much.

GSP by unanimous decision

Irrelevant, and didn't he have Hardy in a really nasty submission where plenty of others would have tapped?
But just because something didn't happen before doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. It wouldn't be surprising to see GSP win by ground and pound. Not that I think it'll happen. I expect him to pull out a decision, as he's accustomed to doing. I doubt he will sway around from his usual gameplan just to please some moronic critics.
But that will also depend on how he's recovered from his knee. Nobody knows this, not even him. But in his prime, he beats Condit easily. Yes, easily.

GSP will never be the most dangerous man in the world until Silva is around, never.

Yeah true that.

What worries me is that if he wins this saturday, Dana White will probably push the GSP vs Anderson Silva fight to happen.

I really don't wanna see GSP fight Anderson...

I wouldn't mind seeing this fight for the star magnitude, but I think it would be an easy win for Silva.
The only way GSP could pull out a win is if he wrestled Silva down and kept him there. But I think Silva would be able to prevent the takedowns and instill enough damage in between the attempts.

Silva is the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and one of the best fighter of all time, all sports combined.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I am still a fan, but he his lack of finish has me worried. Mix in the ring rust, I'm not in the usual positive frame of mind this time around.

Dada

May 12, 2012
Well from what I read in the last days, boy did he surrounded himself with all the people you can imagine for the preparation of this fight.

RaMMuT

Tank Nation 2012
Jul 22, 2009
Montreal
I actually read an article last night where Anderson Silva is saying how he won't be challenging GSP if he wins. He wants to fight again in end of 2013 because he wants to open his own gym and he has a movie role to do.

So Anderson Silva super fight is out of the question for now, it's just Dana White hyping it like he always does.

As for GSP not finishing his opponents, what's interesting in this fight is that either fighter will be cornered by Greg Jackson. And GSP has been saying that he wants to prove everyone wrong and he wants to go for the finish (but then again he always said that). I just believe that he's on a mission this time and if you watch Primetime episodes 1 and 2 you will know what I'm talking about.

Condit is very dangerous standing up, but if GSP can take him down (and he will take him down) he's gonna put a beating on him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I actually read an article last night where Anderson Silva is saying how he won't be challenging GSP if he wins. He wants to fight again in end of 2013 because he wants to open his own gym and he has a movie role to do.

So Anderson Silva super fight is out of the question for now, it's just Dana White hyping it like he always does.

As for GSP not finishing his opponents, what's interesting in this fight is that either fighter will be cornered by Greg Jackson. And GSP has been saying that he wants to prove everyone wrong and he wants to go for the finish (but then again he always said that). I just believe that he's on a mission this time and if you watch Primetime episodes 1 and 2 you will know what I'm talking about.

Condit is very dangerous standing up, but if GSP can take him down (and he will take him down) he's gonna put a beating on him.

Dana White after Silva's last fight that he knows Silva doesn't want to do the super fights, either versus Jones or GSP. What he added after that though is that these athletes may reconsider their positions once they learned how much cash they could be making off of it.

As for this fight, GSP said he wants to prove every one wrong, but he also said he won't just go for broke because of that. He will stick to his gameplan.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
i agree with the people saying it would be nice if he could knock out his opponents, but a boring win is still a win

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkdmu2M7qFo&sns=tw

No idea how to post the video but here's my answer to he's "boring fights"

And my answer is when I spend 200$ on tickets or 55$ to order a PPV, I want the fights, especially the main event, to be exciting. Point is, in recent years it hasn't been the case with GSP. From personal experience, me and my buddies were at UFC 129 at the Rogers Stadium and GSP's fight was the most anticipated on the card and was the selling point on me and my buddies getting tickets. AND GUESS WHAT? St-Pierre vs Shields was the most boring fight on the whole card (including the preliminaries). We left in the middle of the 4th round because we knew that GSP wasn't going to get the finish and we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We ended up right and GSP apologized yet again for not being able to deliver a finish.

GSP is top 5 P4P in the world no doubt, but there are tons of fighters I'd rather see fight. From the obvious names like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar to the less known names like Diego Brandao, Donald Cerrone and Glover Texeira.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'm pretty sure GSP will bring him to the ground, dominate him there but not finish him. And will win the fight by decision, 50-45.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
I predict another boring win for GSP.

Ahhhhh this kind of "fan" again...

Technical fight doesn't mean boring. A "boring" fight, according to the UFC standard, is still much more exciting than 95% of boxing matches. I never found any of GSP's fight boring at all.

But of course there's a big percentage of UFC fans who just expect blood and KOs in every fight, who wants the fighters to run head first into the fist of their opponents just to make it spectacular, without fighting intelligently to win... Not everybody can be Chris Leben, and there's a reason why Leben has never been a champion...

Fans need to learn to appreciate technical fights too. They are still very hard fought battles.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
And my answer is when I spend 200$ on tickets or 55$ to order a PPV, I want the fights, especially the main event, to be exciting. Point is, in recent years it hasn't been the case with GSP. From personal experience, me and my buddies were at UFC 129 at the Rogers Stadium and GSP's fight was the most anticipated on the card and was the selling point on me and my buddies getting tickets. AND GUESS WHAT? St-Pierre vs Shields was the most boring fight on the whole card (including the preliminaries). We left in the middle of the 4th round because we knew that GSP wasn't going to get the finish and we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. We ended up right and GSP apologized yet again for not being able to deliver a finish.

GSP is top 5 P4P in the world no doubt, but there are tons of fighters I'd rather see fight. From the obvious names like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Frankie Edgar to the less known names like Diego Brandao, Donald Cerrone and Glover Texeira.
And u think GSP goes into a fight telling himself I won't KO/TKO him ill just throw a few punches and go for the boring win ? First of all GSP was never known to be a finisher he's a well rounded fighter and if I've seen he's latest fights u would know he's been trying to finish all of them beside the Shield one,that fight was boring and ill give u that but the rest were good fights.Did u tell urself the same thing wen u would go see the Habs under Martin winning 1-0 games ?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
And u think GSP goes into a fight telling himself I won't KO/TKO him ill just throw a few punches and go for the boring win ? First of all GSP was never known to be a finisher he's a well rounded fighter and if I've seen he's latest fights u would know he's been trying to finish all of them beside the Shield one,that fight was boring and ill give u that but the rest were good fights.Did u tell urself the same thing wen u would go see the Habs under Martin winning 1-0 games ?

Also, GSP injured himself quite badly in the Shields fight. He couldn't see with one eye after being poked, and I think he injured himself to a leg or ankle too. It shows how good he is that he was still able to dominate completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad