OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Old man Maia can still get his takedowns but he's gotten so much slower now that he doesn't have much energy left to work a sub when he gets down. He really doesn't have much left, period.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He sure doesn't need to connect all that much to hurt a guy, as we saw again tonight. Standing and trading with him is a bad idea all around.
He always looks so awkward to me though. Like, he's all power, very little technique.
JDS is done though, I don't think he has much chance of every climbing back up to contention level.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He always looks so awkward to me though. Like, he's all power, very little technique.
JDS is done though, I don't think he has much chance of every climbing back up to contention level.
He really is all power , plus he came late into the sport so the more technical aspects may never be in his repertoire. He's dependant on the quick win cause as we saw the few times he got further than the first round, his gas tank goes empty pretty fast. The division is so thin right now that he doesn't need to do a lot to win though.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Markos is like a Middleweight fighter. A weird set of skills that doesn't blend well together. low volume boxing, with a low-pace clinch wrestling game that doesn't control people on the ground. It's a wonder how she's so competitive.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah not a five star classic for sure, both girls just won't open up. Markos downright looks like she doesn't want to be there. She's usually up for a brawl but not tonight I guess.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sad to see Melandez so over the hill and slow. He used to be so fun to watch back in the Elite XC/ Strikeforce days. Just hang em Gilbert, let me remember you like you were.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Melendez has a 50yo body. I'm his age and I look like a child compared to him (the face has obviously been punched too much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad