OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There is belief GSP would lose to Tyron and/or Khabib. **** happens but when people have a good reputation the loss isn't as bad.

The thing is, I think CM does want Khabib. He will never fight at 170 for a title and he gets too dehydrated for 145. The ONLY big money fight at 155 is Khabib and/or GSP if he comes back. So he'll fight Khabib and take his chance, make 25-50 mil again. If he wins, he can challenge GSP or someone else for a super fight. If he loses, he walks off knowing he just made 150-200 mil from 3 consecutive fights.

Well GSP hasn't lost yet so it's not at all the same situation.
CM is not going to generate these massive PPV numbers if he just keeps losing...not sure why you're having a hard time with this..

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So impressed with Fury, i really didnt want to miss it, man did he deliver

I can not believe those 4 slip n slide dodges , you could see shwartz ad never faced someone quite like this

Cant believe how fast Fury is for 6"9 263 lbs... its absolutely unreal..

His movement is insane, he's legit one of the best technical boxers I've seen in that division, ever.

Reactions: Redux91

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Simon Kean will never be more than a local heavyweight, he's all heart and soul, but man... he really has no skills or technique.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
If you're going to play the technical game, then Fury lost to Wilder actually. The count when he got knocked down was longer than 10 seconds.

The rulebook says that the ref needs to count to ten, nowhere it is written "10 seconds" it's a thing Wilder made up because he knew he actually lost the fight.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The rulebook says that the ref needs to count to ten, nowhere it is written "10 seconds" it's a thing Wilder made up because he knew he actually lost the fight.
Maybe...but then, wouldn't he just shut up about it and take the draw?..
In any event, I think there should be an automatic clock count, not sure why they leave it up to the refs.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
In any event, I think there should be an automatic clock count, not sure why they leave it up to the refs.

It was because people were saying that Fury should've won. I'm pretty sure that if the world of boxing wasn't in outrage over the result he wouldn't have posted that.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
If you're going to play the technical game, then Fury lost to Wilder actually. The count when he got knocked down was longer than 10 seconds.

Supposedly it wasnt, it's just something Wilder started saying. Also boxers try to make use of the count they're hearing so theres a possibility Fury would've gotten up slightly earlier if the counting had finished a second earlier

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I had the fight 116-110 or maybe 115-111 I forget, I remember it not being all that close, but I did think the count was a little slow, so I accept the draw, but man Boxing gets these wrong way too often.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Selling your brand. Joshua was finished and said "I'm confident I'll win rematch" a minute later.

You gotta be confident in yourself AND sell the rematch a little.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I had the fight 116-110 or maybe 115-111 I forget, I remember it not being all that close, but I did think the count was a little slow, so I accept the draw, but man Boxing gets these wrong way too often.

Yeah Fury dominated(from technical perspective, no hard punches). It took Wilder most of the fight to finally get in a clean shot, it was his last chance and when it happened Fury got up.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Selling your brand. Joshua was finished and said "I'm confident I'll win rematch" a minute later.

You gotta be confident in yourself AND sell the rematch a little.
Well for Joshua, I think he didn't take this fight seriously. Everywhere he went people were discussing his upcoming potential fights vs Fury/Wilder..nobody gave a crap about Ruiz. They weren't even talking about his fight with Ruiz, it was all about the next one.
I think Joshua fell victim to that as well and that's what it attitude seemed like after the fight too.

But ya, maybe Wilder through it out there after he heard everyone saying how he lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad