WC: General Talk '14 — Sweden

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Lol @ Sweden's coach ripping Norway for playing too defensively.

Team Norway has one player with NHL experience going up against Team Sweden's 10. I think MÃ¥tts should probably focus on getting his team to play decent hockey, rather than ripping a huge underdog for trying to steal a point.

No hate for Tre Kronor btw. I always root for them when Norway are out.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013

Team Norway has one player with NHL experience going up against Team Sweden's 10. I think MÃ¥tts should probably focus on getting his team to play decent hockey, rather than ripping a huge underdog for trying to steal a point.

Yes, MÃ¥rts is an idiot.

Really hope Brodin comes.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Nevermind mårts he is just dumb.

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden

Well its not the first time MÃ¥rts talks BS and it sure aint the last. Whats his problem? I sure dont know.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Well that could mean only on the finnish team.

Anyway they might not even ask him to come if they feel he needs to much time to adjust to big ice. most nhl dmen have been **** in these tournys if you recall.

They did ask him but he apparently said no.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I'd rather they just roll the defenders they have instead of bringing Burström in he is clearly not good enough.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
A lot of talk about our supposed poor D but I think our lack of scoring depth is far more concerning.

We've allowed 5 goals through 4 games, and on average we're giving up 21 SOG/game.. Our penalty kill is 94%. No matter the opponent that's very good. Unfair criticism because of one or two individual errors.

But we've scored 11 goals.. that's not so good considering we've played France, Norway and Denmark. We literally have one line that can score, with Nyquist and Klasen doing some very sporadic individual moves. That's not enough.

Try Nyquist-Sjögren-Hjalmarsson. Axelsson-Ericsson-Klasen. Rasmussen-Lundqvist-Järnkrok. Never play Danielsson another second, put Erixon on the PP.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I'm going to bet heavy on Canada against Sweden omorrow.

Last edited:

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Can't believe I can't get myself excited for the tournament. I've watched half a game so far, but will watch the Canada game tomorrow. I wonder what the Swedish tv ratings are like this year. Even on here the Slovakia game only has a 2 page GDT.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Can't believe I can't get myself excited for the tournament. I've watched half a game so far, but will watch the Canada game tomorrow. I wonder what the Swedish tv ratings are like this year. Even on here the Slovakia game only has a 2 page GDT.

I feel the same. The lack of NHL-players take away my interest (as I primarily follow NHL and not SHL very much).

b0rn2beWild

Dec 8, 2011
How bad is Lindström's groin injury? Any predictions if he's able to play in quaterfinals or not?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Viewership so far ranging from 670k against Denmark to 1,2m against the Czechs. Surprisingly the game against Canada only was the fifth highest with 900k viewers at most.

(mms.se)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
jihdenytt.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad