WC: General Talk '14 — Sweden

Skellhell

Nov 29, 2008
North Pole
Doesn't the IIHF review all the goals in order to get the statistics right?
Backlund scored swedens second goal but möller got it?
Lindstrom also had an assist on the first goal, he touched it with his skate.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
IMO Nyquist and Gustafsson are even bigger disappointments so far.

The only thing I've seen from Järnkrok is two weak shots(?) and 2 min penalty. Nyquist had a beauty against Denmark. But you're right. I had no expectations with Järnkrok and am a bit dissapointed with Nyquist thus far. Throw Järnkrok off the PP and pair Nyquist with someone usefull.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Doesn't the IIHF review all the goals in order to get the statistics right?
Backlund scored swedens second goal but möller got it?
Lindstrom also had an assist on the first goal, he touched it with his skate.

It's always chaos with stats at IIHF events, they get nothing right.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Too bad we need an intimidating solid defensive d-man like Rahimi, the only good thing about this is that poppe will have to stop using Rahimi-Ahnelöv together when we're down a man.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Too bad we need an intimidating solid defensive d-man like Rahimi, the only good thing about this is that poppe will have to stop using Rahimi-Ahnelöv together when we're down a man.

Murray on big ice is not pretty, but with the current line-up I would pick him if Montréal lose. Of course I would not pick him over Strålman or Brodin, but I would take the bunch of them all three (but we only got 2 skaters left to bring in or?).

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Murray on big ice is not pretty, but with the current line-up I would pick him if Montréal lose. Of course I would not pick him over Strålman or Brodin, but I would take the bunch of them all three (but we only got 2 skaters left to bring in or?).

Idk Murray is not solid defensively anymore which leaves us with the intimidation factor and I don't think that is enough.

Is Alm injured? Idk why he is not on the team otherwise

Last edited:

His Beardliness*

I would pick all SHL defensemen ahead of Murray, and most Allsvenskan defensemen.

Rahimis injury sounds horrific. Internal bleeding near the kidney. Peed blood all night.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We still have six healthy D registered. Wait out the G6 in Minnesota and G7 in Pittsburgh tomorrow, odds are at least one of Brodin and Strålman become available and both are good options. Otherwise go with Andersén.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Idk Murray is not solid defensively anymore which leaves us with the intimidation factor and I don't think that is enough.

Well I know that he isn't solid defensively, which makes him not standing out in anyway on the current D-squad.

Brodin is of course the favourite choice, but I bet his injured.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Well I know that he isn't solid defensively, which makes him not standing out in anyway on the current D-squad.

Brodin is of course the favourite choice, but I bet his injured.
You mean "injured"?

On another note Fransson is a positive suprise for me this year. Last year he was so bad it was bordering on offensive. This year my only complaint about him is that his rushes isn't turning into any real scoring chances.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
If Järnkrok and Nyquist doesn't deliver tonight, they need to be split up.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
no thuresson..and replacing a big physical guy with a small soft skilled d.

this will not end well.

if brodin wont come, it will be burström.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad