Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought he looked impressive at the WJC camp last year. Good puck handler. Hope he still pays attention to defense. We are going to have a lot of good puck handlers on the blue line coming up, and there's nothing wrong with that, but we need ROR, and maybe Hunt/FJo to be solid defenders in years to come. Menell and Addison are average at best in that area.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy assist. Forechecked a puck loose and it bounced to Mayhew who had a wide open net. Baribeau knocked out of the game. Was clipped by opposing player- seemed innocent, then he collapsed to the ice. I think it's his knee. Very strange, as it seemed like it took a few seconds for his body to give out on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wasn’t sure if he was going to get the assist for that. Good to see
Actually don't know if he has got credit yet. It was pretty clear from the replay that he knocked it loose - the announcer thought so too. Some pretty ugly hockey this year, though. Missing 4-5 good players that went up to the taxi squad makes a difference.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Definitely got one this time. Dewar from Addison and Boldy. My three favorite players on Iowa...maybe ROR, too.

Boldy looks like a natural on the PP. Very cool under pressure.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Definitely got one this time. Dewar from Addison and Boldy. My three favorite players on Iowa...maybe ROR, too.

Boldy looks like a natural on the PP. Very cool under pressure.
He’s just plug in play where Rask is playing rn on the PP, IMO.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Agreed. He could either play bumper, or on the right boards on the PP. Quick, efficient hands. Good decision maker. Good shot. Eventually he will be a good board player, but that might take a while.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looks very good already. IQ is obvious, and seems to be a low maintenance player. Doesn't overhandle the puck, but has a lot of subtle, quick skill. Sometimes he looks a bit awkward skating, but other times shows flashes of speed, and some good edges. I think he could play in the NHL right now, but if you bring him up you want to make sure that he gets some TOI with either Fiala or Kap. We've got grinders...we need him for his offensive skill, whether it be shooting or passing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I've been watching a bit more of Jason Robertson lately and he seems like a decent NHL comparable for Matt Boldy. Both similar size, great shots, above average skating, etc.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I've been watching a bit more of Jason Robertson lately and he seems like a decent NHL comparable for Matt Boldy. Both similar size, great shots, above average skating, etc.
Robertson has a better shot. Boldy more puck skills

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Robertson is not known for his skating. There are some similarities, otherwise. Boldy's skating looks awkward at times, but very good at others. I think he will be a good skater in a year or two, with nice edges.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy with a primary assist. Fed the slot from down low. One more period to go.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Since the Wild have clinched with 9 games to go, why not call up Boldy to get a few games under his belt? I think he's earned it.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Since the Wild have clinched with 9 games to go, why not call up Boldy to get a few games under his belt? I think he's earned it.
Is the Iowa season over? Who would he play over? Isn't the thinking that he will be on the team for the playoffs once the Iowa season is over.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is the Iowa season over? Who would he play over? Isn't the thinking that he will be on the team for the playoffs once the Iowa season is over.
Good point. Maybe move Bonino back to C, and Boldy to #4RW?:confused: Hate to mess with a 4th line that is doing well, but once we clinch a spot, maybe? Where I'd really like to see him is on the other wing with Fiala, but it takes time to build chemistry, and at this point we don't have many games left. Can't mess with the GEEF's, or Kap/Zucc.

All I want is for him to get a taste of the NHL, to give him an idea of what he needs to work on over the summer. Since he doesn't play C, he doesn't scratch the itch we have.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Sit Rask.

Zuccarello - Bonino - Kaprizov
Greenway - EE - Foligno
Boldy - Hartman - Fiala
Parise - Sturm - Johansson

Still have Bjugstad though. Think the best plan is let him play through the AHL season and get some time in the playoffs. Love the idea with him and Fiala on the same line

Reactions: Al Lagoon

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Still have Bjugstad though. Think the best plan is let him play through the AHL season and get some time in the playoffs. Love the idea with him and Fiala on the same line

Bjugstad can help Rask on popcorn duty...or someone can develop a phantom injury. Boldy would contribute more to the team than either of those two.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad