Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
How skilled is Nesterenko? I've never seen him play, only a few twitter goals. He's got decent size. Can he skate? What's his strongest attribute?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
How skilled is Nesterenko? I've never seen him play, only a few twitter goals. He's got decent size. Can he skate? What's his strongest attribute?
I've only caught a few games, but he's looked like a good skater to me. Soft hands, good shot. It's probably just because I'm watching BC games but there's a smoothness to his game that reminds me a little of Boldy. Seems to attack off the rush more than Boldy does, but again that's in very limited viewings. If he fills out his 6'2" frame he could have some real upside.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've only caught a few games, but he's looked like a good skater to me. Soft hands, good shot. It's probably just because I'm watching BC games but there's a smoothness to his game that reminds me a little of Boldy. Seems to attack off the rush more than Boldy does, but again that's in very limited viewings. If he fills out his 6'2" frame he could have some real upside.

This is what I see as well when I'm watching.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
What are the contract rules for NCAA draft picks again? They can’t sign an NHL deal until they’re out of college, but if they don’t sign after their 4th year, then they become a UFA?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What are the contract rules for NCAA draft picks again? They can’t sign an NHL deal until they’re out of college, but if they don’t sign after their 4th year, then they become a UFA?

I think the technical rule is that the NHL team owns his rights until July 1 after his class graduates. So I believe if you have a situation like Kunin, Holloway, Beniers, Powers where they played in the NCAA for their draft year, the NHL team would only have 3 years to sign them.

Reactions: Spurgeon

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think the technical rule is that the NHL team owns his rights until July 1 after his class graduates. So I believe if you have a situation like Kunin, Holloway, Beniers, Powers where they played in the NCAA for their draft year, the NHL team would only have 3 years to sign them.
August 15th after their senior year.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy's third primary assist, Newhook has 2+2

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Do we think Boldy is locked in at wing? It’s hard not to get excited about the possibility of him replacing Rask on the top line. Feels like he would fit in perfectly with his versatility and history of playing with elite skill players.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Do we think Boldy is locked in at wing? It’s hard not to get excited about the possibility of him replacing Rask on the top line. Feels like he would fit in perfectly with his versatility and history of playing with elite skill players.

I think he'll start at LW.

Just curious to know if there are comparable NHLers that played wing in NCAA/Junior and then transitioned to play center at a high level in the NHL?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Playing him at C in the NHL is a recipe for disaster. He'll have his hands full just trying to survive at wing in his first year or two in the NHL.

Reactions: keppel146

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Place/position players where they are at their best regardless of organizational need.

Reactions: WILDTATE10

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Is he capable of playing Center? Maybe. He's the type of guy who has performed well at wing and at center and for the type of player he is, those guys create success from anywhere.

If you're asking if the upside of a Kaprizov - Boldy - Zuccarello line is greater than that of one with Rask in the middle, I would lean towards yes. When you have 3 high IQ guys who also have high level hands and skating, good things tend to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad