Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dithering about whether or not to get his best prospect under contract ASAP is about what I expect from Guerin at this point. Why do things when you can just not do them?

Fair enough, I never considered it from that point of view

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dithering about whether or not to get his best prospect under contract ASAP is about what I expect from Guerin at this point. Why do things when you can just not do them?

To be fair, unless I'm missing something, Guerin hasn't actually said anything of the sort, correct?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
To be fair, unless I'm missing something, Guerin hasn't actually said anything of the sort, correct?

No, Russo said that's what Russo thinks the Wild want to do, but given Guerin's track record, I'm not holding my breath for him to do the right thing here.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nah, I'm just griping. I don't think the whole "sign for 2021-22 and sign an ATO with Iowa this year" thing is really an option, though. I mean it'd be nice for the Wild, but I don't see why Boldy would do them that favor.

The more important thing is that Boldy returning for his junior year should not be an acceptable option for Guerin.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t know why but it doesn’t appear Daemon Hunt is in the lineup tonight for Moose Jaw

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
The worst thing to happen to Russo was getting an offer to join The Athletic. He's almost unbearable now whereas his time at the Strib was digestible. The money and the international attention his writing now gets has gone to his head. He became the bit.

With that out of the way. Russo is a moron if he thinks Boldy is gonna do the Wild any favors after he just watched Caufield sign and burn a year with Montreal.

Anything less than Guerin calling up Boldy's "advisor" and offering him a ELC with an effective date of yesterday is a massive failure.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Yeah, Bill Guerin sure had a lot to do with Kaprizov.

Okay so no credit for guys he has signed but negative credit for his track record of messed up prospect negotiations such as....?

Or could if be that yall are just drama queens as originally stated?

Reactions: Ban Hammered

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Okay so no credit for guys he has signed but negative credit for his track record of messed up prospect negotiations such as....?

Or could if be that yall are just drama queens as originally stated?

I know which answer I'm learning towards. Haha.

Reactions: Wild11MN and P10p

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm fairly confident if Boldy signs his ELC after his 20th birthday (April 5th) he burns a year whether he plays a game or not.

It'd be nice if Russo actually read the CBA.

Boldy's signing age is set already. Doesn't matter if it's pre or post April 5th.

Your signing age per the CBA is how old you will be on September 15th of the Calender year. So he could of signed Jan 1st 2021, or Dec 31st 2021 and he would have the same signing age of 20.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I'm very much on the fence of Boldy signing and burning a year or not burning a year.

I think Boldy will help the team if he signs and the way we are trending we look like a playoff team. I think Boldy playing this year allows him to get his toes wet so next year he can hit the ice running. Plus maybe he can build chemistry with Fiala.

However, I won't complain about getting another year of Boldy on a ELC if he waits.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Setting aside all the ELC talk, what's best for Boldy's development? Personally, I think the sooner we can get him in the fold the better.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Hes ready but for anyone who thinks that not thinking ahead of the cap and players coming off books to have a plan if say Boldy comes in and tears is not something to think about is just flat wrong.

This has and always will be apart of sports in a cap world.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Setting aside all the ELC talk, what's best for Boldy's development? Personally, I think the sooner we can get him in the fold the better.
Well, there’s basically two schools of thought.
1) whatever Guerin does is wrong

Or

2) whatever Guerin does is wrong

More seriously, I suppose we can insert him into the Wild lineup and see how he does. Send him down if he needs it.

Or we can put him in Iowa, and call him up if he looks really good.

Thinking the latter might be the best long term choice. Let him get confidence rather than potentially destroying it.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Hes ready but for anyone who thinks that not thinking ahead of the cap and players coming off books to have a plan if say Boldy comes in and tears is not something to think about is just flat wrong.

This has and always will be apart of sports in a cap world.
It's not just a question of whether or not to think ahead, but who's doing the thinking. There are some positives for the Wild, but they can't unilaterally sign Boldy to whatever terms they want. He does have the option to go back to BC next year and move incrementally closer to college free agency, and if he's thinking ahead he'll use that leverage to get that year burned. Is trying to time his 3rd contract worth opening that door?

Reactions: JP Flow

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t know that you can say 100% that Boldy is ready to play in the NHL. If I were being nit picky about his game I’d say the one area of concern would be pace, but I saw him elevate his pace at the WJC and I just think he’s a player that likes to slow the game down. I’d give him games for sure but he is still in his d+2. Wouldn’t surprise me if finishing the season with Iowa is a good play.

Reactions: 57special

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm fine with Boldy playing in Iowa.....just want to get him working with the Wilds development staff sooner rather than later and don't want to risk him going back for another season in BC.

Reactions: 57special

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's not just a question of whether or not to think ahead, but who's doing the thinking. There are some positives for the Wild, but they can't unilaterally sign Boldy to whatever terms they want. He does have the option to go back to BC next year and move incrementally closer to college free agency, and if he's thinking ahead he'll use that leverage to get that year burned. Is trying to time his 3rd contract worth opening that door?

College free agency isn't a concern in the slightest.. hes still 2 full seasons from unrestricted. He's not going to wait that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->