Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I feel like this has been brought up in the past, but I can't remember: didn't Tuch go through a similar thing when he started at Boston College? Good start -> dry spell -> finished the year with strong numbers overall?

I remember people saying similar things about him at the time. "He'll be alright," "could be a good complimentary player on top lines," etc.

DonatoisDaddy

Sep 25, 2019
I feel like this has been brought up in the past, but I can't remember: didn't Tuch go through a similar thing when he started at Boston College? Good start -> dry spell -> finished the year with strong numbers overall?

I remember people saying similar things about him at the time. "He'll be alright," "could be a good complimentary player on top lines," etc.
I remember the same of Greenway, Kunin, etc.... pretty much any of the Wild's previous draft picks that came thru the NCAA

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

that list was from last year I believe... and people still thought Boldy was too high on it

Tuch was pretty consistent ... finished freshman season with almost the exact same line as Coyle did.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Tuch was pretty consistent ... finished freshman season with almost the exact same line as Coyle did.
Looking through game logs from his freshman year he did go through a stretch of 3-4 games in Oct/Nov without any points, but at this point did have 3G-5A. So not quite what I was remembering.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
The Hockey News-Top 100 21 and under issue.

Boldy ranked 19th, ahead of the likes of... Svechnikov. Don’t agree with that.
Kaprizov 39th.

projects top players under 21 for what they’ll be when they’re 23

Why don't you agree with that? I've only watched the one game vs Wisconsin. But every time someone who has eyes on him says he is the most impressive looking player on BC.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why don't you agree with that? I've only watched the one game vs Wisconsin. But every time someone who has eyes on him says he is the most impressive looking player on BC.

Because Svechnikov is scoring over a point per game in the NHL and Boldy “looks impressive” in college while collecting no points. That’s why he doesn’t agree with putting Boldy ahead of Svechnikov.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
List is also from 2018 but yeah... I mean they're a year apart in age... Svechnikov was a 2nd overall ... THN is way out on a limb with that list no matter how you slice it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Firstlineov had a major for interference and a game misconduct along with it today. Anyone have any idea what he did?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

pro shot. Pro celly. Beckman is 1 + 1 so far

He's over halfway to last years point total in less than a third of games played. Still just 18, and will be all season: had he been born a couple moths later, or whenever the draft cutoff date is, he might have gone higher than 3rd round for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad