General Preds Talk Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hainsey would be a very good pick-up, and really solidify the bottom half of that defense.

Yeah but damn he's gonna probably cost at least 4 mil and he'd like be on our third pair... our defense would make our 4th line look like a bargain...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah but damn he's gonna probably cost at least 4 mil and he'd like be on our third pair... our defense would make our 4th line look like a bargain...
Hainsey would turn that "third pair" into another second pairing. Given the number of kids getting on-the-job training on the blueline, I think he'd be a great pickup.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If we really are in on Hainsey, I think Poile would then turn around and trade Ellis/Ekholm+Spaling/Smith for either a forward upgrade or a very good prospect/pick.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
If we really are in on Hainsey, I think Poile would then turn around and trade Ellis/Ekholm+Spaling/Smith for either a forward upgrade or a very good prospect/pick.

agreed. If we sign hainsey we would definitely have to move Smith's 2 million to have room for a higher-end forward

Im hopeful for Ellis but now that we have Jones I would be fine if we trade Eliss while he still has some value

I would hate to move Ekholm for a prospect, but if he is part of a package for an NHL ready top 6 winger, see-ya

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Reported by Dregs that Franson will most likely be on the block. Maybe we kill two with one and trade for him and sign him for less than what Hainsey wants.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Reported by Dregs that Franson will most likely be on the block. Maybe we kill two with one and trade for him and sign him for less than what Hainsey wants.

I think Franson is looking for about the same amount that Hainsey is. Though Franson would put up more points, Hainsey doesn't have to play sheltered minutes.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I think Franson is looking for about the same amount that Hainsey is. Though Franson would put up more points, Hainsey doesn't have to play sheltered minutes.

Franson and Hainsey do not bring the same things to the table. For us Hainsey would be the guy to cover for our version of Franson(Ellis) on the third pair

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678970

We could have given this guy a try cheap.

In a vacuum, I agree, but where would he fit? He'd have to displace someone like Smith, Bourque, or Forsberg, on top of Spaling. If we could have somehow got him and been able to send him down, he would have been fantastic as call-up depth, and I'd love to have him in the system, just don't think there's room.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
In case you want to pencil things into your calendars: Dan the group sales rep told me that the pre-season home games will be 9/22 and 9/24 (Sunday and Tuesday).

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
according to blogger Garth on Eks site Gaustad got married this weekend.... congrats Goose!

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So is anyone else getting this pop up of "Falling Skies" that happens at the bottom of the screen every time you come here? If so, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So is anyone else getting this pop up of "Falling Skies" that happens at the bottom of the screen every time you come here? If so, does anyone know how to get rid of it?

I don't because I'm a sponsor, but have your tried the ad block plus browser extension? It blocks alot of ads and you can even create filters to block ads that aren't blocked.

https://adblockplus.org/

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Unfortunately I am using Safari so that won't work for me. I have it on Firefox but I primarily use Safari on most days. It's weird how it just started. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Oh, did I mention I'm on a MAC? LOL

And for some reason my block pop up preference on Safari got taken off. Weird. I don't remember doing that. Well, at least that crappy pop up is now gone. Whoohooo.

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Unfortunately I am using Safari so that won't work for me. I have it on Firefox but I primarily use Safari on most days. It's weird how it just started. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Oh, did I mention I'm on a MAC? LOL

And for some reason my block pop up preference on Safari got taken off. Weird. I don't remember doing that. Well, at least that crappy pop up is now gone. Whoohooo.

That's what I use at home (just got it a few weeks ago), but I still use Firefox.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011

You're looking for the Ad Block extension. You can find it at http://extensions.apple.com/. I'd also suggest ClickToFlash.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
A few of the Predators posters on this site are predicting another down year for the Predators.

I would like for them to do a straight comparison of this years roster to the one 2 years ago and tell me the biggest difference. I'd prefer it be kept at the team that actually played most of the year (before the playoff run additions).

I'll do mine shortly.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
A few of the Predators posters on this site are predicting another down year for the Predators.

I would like for them to do a straight comparison of this years roster to the one 2 years ago and tell me the biggest difference. I'd prefer it be kept at the team that actually played most of the year (before the playoff run additions).

I'll do mine shortly.

Er, Suter? That would be the biggest difference. The emergence of Josi is filling that hole, but left a gap on the second pairing. Hopefully Jones fills the second-pairing hole and solidifies the defensive depth on the team. If he does I think the team is back to being a playoff-caliber lineup. It remains to be seen if they can do more than that.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Er, Suter? That would be the biggest difference. The emergence of Josi is filling that hole, but left a gap on the second pairing. Hopefully Jones fills the second-pairing hole and solidifies the defensive depth on the team. If he does I think the team is back to being a playoff-caliber lineup. It remains to be seen if they can do more than that.
What I really want is a breakdown of each position.

While I'll agree Josi is a step down from Suter, is the pairing of Weber-Josi that much of a step down? I think on a whole, yes, but big enough to keep us in down 5 or more spots in the standings? I don't think so.

Look at the roster as a whole, then each position.

Centers
Fisher - Fisher
Legwand - Cullen
Smith - Legwand
Smithson - Gaustad
Spaling - Spaling

Left Wing
Erat - Forsberg
Kostitsyn - Stalberg
Bourque - Bourque
Tootoo - Smith
- - Hendricks