General Preds Talk Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
The orientation camp is informational only - no on-ice activities. Wilson simply isn't invited, which is strange to me.

Legwand not being invited is a given. He has no shot.

Poile said Wilson would have to "play his way onto the team" because his shoulder rehab would prevent him from attending preseason Olympic camps in August. It's primarily a timing issue related to his shoulder surgery.

Poile also said Smith excelled on the larger ice - more room for his speed. And this upcoming Olympics will be played on the larger surface in Russia. I don't think He gets an invite if it were on NA size sheets.

No idea why Leggy wasn't invited.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Can someone recap prospect camp for me? General consensus, who looked good? Surprises? Disappointments?

watson, forsberg, leispic looked good. jones looked decent but not as dominate as i expected for a guy touted to be a lock on opening night roster. budish looked bad to me and i could post more but its been long day and ive got work early. someone else can give a better assessment.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN

As I said in the last incarnation of the thread, what you need to know about the truth of this article is that Radulov is accusing a Nashville media member of telling the team and also claims that the only places to eat were on the other side of town. He was at a restaurant approximately 45 minutes from the team hotel and it was not anyone from the Nashville contingent (media or team related) that saw him there and reported it to the team...

Regardless of if it was 15 minutes late or 6 hours late, he broke curfew. He admits doing it. What was good for the rest of his teammates wasn't good for him. You can't have that and until he understands that, he can stay in the KHL as far as I'm concerned where he can be the big fish on a moderately sized pond.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
watson, forsberg, leispic looked good. jones looked decent but not as dominate as i expected for a guy touted to be a lock on opening night roster. budish looked bad to me and i could post more but its been long day and ive got work early. someone else can give a better assessment.

Someone very few people have mentioned is Jimmy Vesey. For me, he was right there with Watson for best player of the match in the scrimmage and slightly ahead of Forsberg who tried a little too hard to be fancy at times. Budish didn't get much done, but is skating very well for someone his size with two ACL tears and I think will progress well throughout the season next year as he adjusts to the speed of the pro game.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
The orientation camp is informational only - no on-ice activities. Wilson simply isn't invited, which is strange to me.

Legwand not being invited is a given. He has no shot.

In that case it is surprising to me to..

Doesn't mean he can't make the team though.
If he plays like he did before he got hurt, I could see him making it

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I wish our hockey's future page would get upgraded. Seth you should write for us. You have a better grip on our prospects than any writer we've seen.

I appreciate the thought, but the job isn't open and between work and an expanded coaching role this season I don't know how much time I will have to devote to writing. So for now, I'm sticking to the boards and Twitter.

FWIW, I haven't ruled out joining the blogging community again. There are some really good writers in there covering the team. While some of the stuff should be regarded as fluff, the majority of actual interviews and game stories do come from those on "Blogger's Row" and they do possess credentials.

Time will tell, but I did enjoy writing at InsideSmashville.com prior to the lockout and if I can find the time could see myself doing something once again...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
how do you know that Hainsey isnt just weighing offers like Grabovski is obviously doing?

Or waiting for someone to get desperate and up their offer??

If there was collusion, do you think Poile would have signed all the playerts he did for what everyone agrees is above market value??

Mouthed off but the fact is there are players who should have contracts like Hainsey. Especially Hainsey with the Preds, fills the exact statistical and positional hole the Preds need.

But after further research you find you would have to move a forward to fit a project salary under the cap. Now, a majority of Jones' contact has Rookie bonuses that can pass to next yr but there would still need to be a forward move.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I appreciate the thought, but the job isn't open and between work and an expanded coaching role this season I don't know how much time I will have to devote to writing. So for now, I'm sticking to the boards and Twitter.

FWIW, I haven't ruled out joining the blogging community again. There are some really good writers in there covering the team. While some of the stuff should be regarded as fluff, the majority of actual interviews and game stories do come from those on "Blogger's Row" and they do possess credentials.

Time will tell, but I did enjoy writing at InsideSmashville.com prior to the lockout and if I can find the time could see myself doing something once again...
Well, they should at least get in contact with you, I don't know anyone that studies our camps the way you do.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
An option I'll throw out there:

Step 1: Trade Klein(+?) for Stastny(+?). Colorado fans generally like the idea of this trade.
Step 2: Trade Spaling to TOR for Liles to take Klein's roster spot
Step 3: Move Legwand to wing
Step 4: Move Smith for picks/prospects to save cap

Wilson-Stastny-Hornqvist
Forsberg-Cullen-Legwand
Stalberg-Fisher-Bourque
Hendricks-Gaustad-Nystrom
Clune

Weber-Liles (I think they'd compliment each other well, not saying Liles is our #2)
Josi-Jones
Ekholm-Ellis
Bartley

Rinne
Hutton

Other options are signing people like Grabo and Hainsey.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'd rather keep Klein, unless we're getting a vet D-man to go along with a half priced Stastny. Not interested in Liles at all, would rather have Ellis on the PP.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Why would we trade a good top 4 defenseman on a great contract for a center on the last year of his contract that could bolt at the end of the season? Do you think that trade would make us cup contenders because it's the only way that trade makes a bit of sense.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

Step 1: Trade Klein(+?) for Stastny(+?). Colorado fans generally like the idea of this trade.

Wilson-Stastny-Hornqvist
Forsberg-Cullen-Legwand
Stalberg-Fisher-Bourque
Clune

Weber-Liles (I think they'd compliment each other well, not saying Liles is our #2)
Josi-Jones
Ekholm-Ellis
Bartley

Rinne
Hutton

Stastny is on the last year of his deal, is owed 6.6million, and will be a UFA

no chance we tade Klien, for anybody, really, but definitely not for Stastny

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I thought the 10% QO only applied to those making at or less than the league average.

stastnys salary is 6.6 million and he will be a UFA

I realized I am confusing him with Ryan Oreilly... :facepalm:

just ignore me... havent had enough coffee yet

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Stastny is on the last year of his deal, is owed 6.6million, and will be a UFA

no chance we tade Klien, for anybody, really, but definitely not for Stastny
Agreed. I'm not terribly interested in ditching valuable assets on good contracts for a soon to be UFA. Not unless the play of Jones, Ekholm and Ellis suddenly make a guy like Klein expendable. If Stastny is REALLY interested in Nashville, then we can take a chance on trying to sign him next off-season.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Agreed. I'm not terribly interested in ditching valuable assets on good contracts for a soon to be UFA. Not unless the play of Jones, Ekholm and Ellis suddenly make a guy like Klein expendable. If Stastny is REALLY interested in Nashville, then we can take a chance on trying to sign him next off-season.

0% chance of him signing here unless Poile was to offer him like $1M or more than any other team. The only way I see that changing is if the .00000000000000000000000001% chance of us making the playoffs and actually doing something was to happen.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
0% chance of him signing here unless Poile was to offer him like $1M or more than any other team. The only way I see that changing is if the .00000000000000000000000001% chance of us making the playoffs and actually doing something was to happen.

I agree with that, which is also why I put little stock in the argument that he would re-sign here if we trade for him.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

A former professor of mine writes for Inside Smashville. Maybe I can convince her to write for HF if it opens up.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN

Wilson-Stastny-Hornqvist
Forsberg-Cullen-Legwand
Stalberg-Fisher-Bourque
Clune

Josi-Jones
Ekholm-Ellis
Bartley

Rinne
Hutton

Imo, we didn't just sign Bartley to that extension for him to be a 7th dman. He earned a spot with his play.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
A former professor of mine writes for Inside Smashville. Maybe I can convince her to write for HF if it opens up.

She now writes for Smashville247.net. With mock trial picking up and increasing teaching responsibilities for her and me getting back into coaching, InsideSmashville.com is now dormant.

I don't think she'd be interested in writing about the prospects either, although she does summer in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA