General Preds Talk Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I watched the game. He played very well btn. You are absolutely correct - he is ice cold.

Glen - I agree on Spaling. He is going to the dirty areas, with surprising frequency. In the past, we would see Spaling have these outbursts of production, but it was typically in an isolated game.... and against Vancouver ;). Now he is going consistently to those areas. It is working. I still think he is being showered with a wee bit too much ice time, but whatever, he is producing on a team that doesn't produce consistently in the offensive zone.

Statistically yes. Is he doing all the things he needs to be doing to get it going, I think he is. It's only a matter of time. If we can find a finisher to play with him I think he's good to go.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Statistically yes. Is he doing all the things he needs to be doing to get it going, I think he is. It's only a matter of time. If we can find a finisher to play with him I think he's good to go.

Why is this excuse ok with Wilson but not someone else like Stalberg? I'm not saying you said that about Stalberg, but others have.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think it is about watching the game. Wilson is putting other people in position to score as well as creating his own scoring chances. Stalberg essentially gets chanes created for him (which he hasn't capitalized on) or uses his speed to get a semi-breakaway that he misses.

I do agree he needs more of a chance, but that, unfortunately, is a whole different conversation.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Why is this excuse ok with Wilson but not someone else like Stalberg? I'm not saying you said that about Stalberg, but others have.

Because Wilson is more of a playmaker and we were counting on Stalberg to be able to finish maybe. I watch Wilson and he's doing what he needs to be doing to be successful. Stalberg is just using his speed and not doing much else. Wilson is crashing and banging and doing what he can to succeed. I don't think Stalberg has been put in a position to succeed either but I see a much higher ceiling with Wilson than with Stalberg. You can't teach size or speed but size doesn't go away but speed in time will and there is nothing else to Stalberg's game at this point other than speed. Power forward types also take longer to develop and I really believe Wilson is teetering on that edge of breaking through. Now that he's back at center we might finally see him turn the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille