OT: General OT Thread #38: Pavol Demitra Memorial Playoff Push Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
**** it, I'm gonna go and buy that bike now anyway.

7XlRxPh.gif

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Car history time!
Ford Sierra -85, Lada Samara -95, Toyota Corolla -91, Volvo S40 -00, Volvo S40 -04, BMW 320 -05, Mitsubishi Outlander -06, Skoda Superb -10

Also have Opel Omega -00 as a secondary car, and now a Yamaha FJ1200 -89 motorcycle.

So no, no Audis.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
congrats!! :thumbu:

Ain't that the truth. Mine's only a little over two year's past and it's a complete blur.

Congrats, though!

If you two have lived together leading up to this, let me just say: Welcome to the weirdest part of your life (so far). My wife and I had such a confusing time figuring out what it really meant (if anything). We had been together for quite a while before getting married, and once it was over there was a prevailing "what now?" theme for a few weeks.

Enjoy it, though. :handclap:

Congrats on the 2k!

Oh and the wedding, too :D

Congrats! I can share Vashanesh's experience. It was a weird feeling at first.

Long time ago though

And sorry to hear that Sharppi's bike thing went wrong. Sounds like life. Sometimes it sucks bad but most of the times still goes on.

Congrats!

My condolences :sarcasm: :naughty:

How much was your guys' wives' wedding dresses? Or however you grammatically say it.

My fiancee is out shopping in Fargo today and just called to tell me she found the perfect dress (cue freaking out). She said it's roughly $900.

Seems kind of steep to me?

:biglaugh: thanks everyone. Sorry haven't been in front of a computer until just now (at MSP already again...ugh).

Tyratoku, I think she spend $2k and that was with alterations and everything else.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Went to movies with wife and kids, Inside Out. Great movie and as a bonus the main characters (Riley and her family) were from Minnesota :nod:

An evening well spent.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm considering getting a new S4, I've never owned a german car, but they have a very expensive rep when it comes to maintenance costs... Is that rep valid, or a myth? How would you rate the maintenance costs?

When I had my BMW, the parts cost a bit more than lets say Volvo parts, and a considerably more than Toyota parts.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Correct, however in my experiences with German cars, it seems like there are a lot less mechanical issues that occur with the vehicles. Unless of course you get a lemon.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Correct, however in my experiences with German cars, it seems like there are a lot less mechanical issues that occur with the vehicles. Unless of course you get a lemon.

Yup, but it's the electrical issues that seem to plague German cars. At least in the past. I worked in the car biz from 2003 to 2012 and always seemed to encounter Audis, BMWs, Volkswagens, etc. with electrical issues at a way higher rate compared to other vehicles. Expensive maintenance.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Yes pretty expensive. I don't always spend a ton of money when I bring it in but I like to give myself a cushion of about $500-$1000 because it always seems like they find something else that needs to be fixed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad