OT: General OT Thread #38: Pavol Demitra Memorial Playoff Push Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Has anyone watched Narcos on Netflix? I saw it on there recently, and have heard some good things about it.

Also need to catch Mr. Robot at some point before that comes back for S2.

Just watched the first episode of Narcos yesterday, was awesome.

Yeah I watched the first three episodes so far. It's pretty good. A bit slow, and while I don't know all of the details of Escobar it seems like they might be playing up some things. Or maybe not, because I don't know anything about him and he really was as crazy strong willed and fantastical as the show portrays him as.

The main DEA agent guy is a bit underwhelming for a lead (unless you count Escobar as the lead?).

Overall I'm enjoying it.

Thanks. Didn't watch anything yet, but now i've got free Netflix for a month. Gonna check a couple of movies and some series too.

Earlier I had only Viaplay (Scandinavian thing I guess) because they own NHL rights here. And we can use GameCenter through Viaplay too.

Again, I'm not sure what's on Scandinavian Netflix vs US Netflix, but some shows on the US version that I thoroughly enjoyed are Spartacus, Rescue Me, and Peaky Blinders. I highly recommend watching them if you get the chance.

Peaky Blinders is two six episode seasons so that can get done quick. It's about a British gang right around WW1. I'm a guy who can get really bothered by over the top accents but this show was completely 100% awesome for me.

Spartacus has one season at 13 episodes, one at 6, and the last two are 10 episodes each. It's a bit longer but the action and payoff are amazing. Plus, there are quite a few scantily clad women in almost every episode.

Rescue Me is quite possibly my favorite show ever. It's long, with the first 4 seasons having 13 episodes, the 5th having 22, the 6th at 10 and the 7th at 9. So it's long, it has its ups and downs, but overall it is a great show. It's a drama/comedy about a bunch of firemen in New York starting shortly after the World Trade Center attacks in 2001.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well, today having a sore throat. So I've been resting on a couch and seen 7 episodes of Trailer Park Boys so far

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
need a magic spell

Hi there, I'm actually an Islanders fan but you guys seem like the best people to ask in this situation so I thought I post this here.

I have a 13 year old niece who hardly speaks but spends all her time huddled in the corner wearing all black and obsessing over the St. Louis Blues, writing poems about them in dead languages and stuff like that. We thought she was just being a typical gothic teenager and ignored it, but now it's starting to get even weirder. First she started having visions of Al MacInnis and Brett Hull dressed in robes and sandals bearing gifts of ancient Druid jewelry. And she's now having some kind of stigmata where the Blues logo appears on her palms and then starts to bleed whenever there's a new moon outside.

So evil forces are clearly at work. Does anyone know some instructions for a magic spell or exorcism we can do to help this girl? Maybe grind up some wild herbs and do a chant or something? I figured that you guys have lots of experience dealing with the Blues and may have seen this before. Thank you so much!!

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Hi there, I'm actually an Islanders fan but you guys seem like the best people to ask in this situation so I thought I post this here.

I have a 13 year old niece who hardly speaks but spends all her time huddled in the corner wearing all black and obsessing over the St. Louis Blues, writing poems about them in dead languages and stuff like that. We thought she was just being a typical gothic teenager and ignored it, but now it's starting to get even weirder. First she started having visions of Al MacInnis and Brett Hull dressed in robes and sandals bearing gifts of ancient Druid jewelry. And she's now having some kind of stigmata where the Blues logo appears on her palms and then starts to bleed whenever there's a new moon outside.

So evil forces are clearly at work. Does anyone know some instructions for a magic spell or exorcism we can do to help this girl? Maybe grind up some wild herbs and do a chant or something? I figured that you guys have lots of experience dealing with the Blues and may have seen this before. Thank you so much!!

tumblr_max5tor6LA1qe3v9j.gif

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I had this problem...

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Man, if I had a nickel for every time I had this problem...

Is there someone you can ask about how to do a magic spell to fix this? We tried playing a vinyl record of the St Louis Blues song backwards, and also taking her on a trip to Stonehenge... no luck so far.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Is there someone you can ask about how to do a magic spell to fix this? We tried playing a vinyl record of the St Louis Blues song backwards, and also taking her on a trip to Stonehenge... no luck so far.

Get several blue magic markers from your local drug store. Empty them onto pieces of printer paper, it might take 50-100 pieces, but color all of them until the markers are dead.

Duct tape them together.

Wrap her in the sheet of blue colored paper, as if it were a space blanket.

As she is wrapped in the blue paper blanket, play the the Wild goal song, and burn an effigy of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Repeat this process until sunrise the next morning.

Let us know how it works.

Good luck, comrade.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Get several blue magic markers from your local drug store. Empty them onto pieces of printer paper, it might take 50-100 pieces, but color all of them until the markers are dead.

Duct tape them together.

As she is wrapped in the blue paper blanket, play the the Wild goal song, and burn an effigy of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Good luck, comrade.

Alternatively, I found a spell in my dad's old journal that I use from time to time.

You'll need the following materials:
  • 1/2 pound of silver
  • 1/4 pound of nickel
  • Shard of a wooden staff or bow used in battle (a stick used in a hockey game will do)
  • A bowl made plexiglass
  • Box of matches
  • Strand of hair of a Missouri Mule
  • Three pedals of a Hawthorn flower

What you need to do:

The silver and nickel represent the Stanley Cup that the Blues have never won. You must melt this down into a liquid form inside the bowl.

Pulverize the wooden shard until it is in powdered form. Sprinkle it into the bowl. Take the Mule strand and Hawthorn pedals (Both state symbols) and drop them into the bowl as well. Light the matches and drop them into the bowl. Stand back, it'll make a pretty big flame.

Stare directly into the lit bowl, pat your hands against your thighs, and say these words aloud:

Tha Bah Loo Ess Sah Kah Aht Hah Kay

It works 95% of the time.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I always forget to put sun screen in my stomach.

Laid out on the floatie in the lake for too long yesterday. Belly was a little warm last night, and I could only sleep on my back.

But, it's probably my last sunburn of the year, so I'm embracing it :laugh:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Ugh. Hate sunburns. Since I'm Swedish I fry pretty quickly. If I realize I forgot to put on sunscreen an hour too late I'll get that kind of sunburn that feels like needles are trying to grow through my skin. *shudders*

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010

Duct tape them together.

Good luck, comrade.

This was fantastic info and you clearly have the gift of magic. As soon as I saw your message we instantly got to work following your instructions and I asked my brother's wife to knit us an effigy of Vladimir Tarasenko. (She did an excellent job doing so in a short time)

Once everything was in place and we began playing the Wild goal song I knew that things were working because the girl started to shake uncontrollably and her body temperature went from very hot to very cold and back.

When the effigy was lit on fire her eyes changed color and a huge cloud of blue fruit flies flew out of her ears, nose and mouth. A disembodied Mike Liut mask then appeared in the room, said something in an ancient Sardininan language and then melted away while weeping.

Now after waking up from her sleep she's back to being a normal girl again and she tossed all her St. Louis Blues stuff and gothic clothing in the trash, claims not to remember any of it and wants to sign up for cheerleading lessons. Thank you so much, I think you saved a life!

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Alternatively, I found a spell in my dad's old journal that I use from time to time.

You'll need the following materials:
  • 1/2 pound of silver
  • 1/4 pound of nickel
  • Shard of a wooden staff or bow used in battle (a stick used in a hockey game will do)
  • A bowl made plexiglass
  • Box of matches
  • Strand of hair of a Missouri Mule
  • Three pedals of a Hawthorn flower

What you need to do:

The silver and nickel represent the Stanley Cup that the Blues have never won. You must melt this down into a liquid form inside the bowl.

Pulverize the wooden shard until it is in powdered form. Sprinkle it into the bowl. Take the Mule strand and Hawthorn pedals (Both state symbols) and drop them into the bowl as well. Light the matches and drop them into the bowl. Stand back, it'll make a pretty big flame.

Stare directly into the lit bowl, pat your hands against your thighs, and say these words aloud:

Tha Bah Loo Ess Sah Kah Aht Hah Kay

It works 95% of the time.

Thank you very much - we used this spell next as a purifying ritual and it got fantastic results!

It wasn't easy to get all those ingredients on short notice but luckily there's an old peasant woman in town who is a witch and had what we needed. When we did the spell it first seemed like nothing happened but then we saw a glowing disembodied Stanley Cup sitting out in the back yard.

We got shovels and commenced digging at that spot (I remembered this from the liner notes of a Judas Priest album) and at 6.66 feet down we found an ancient meteor fragment surrounded by human bones and Native American arrowheads, which filled me with dread. We split the meteor in half and there was a St. Louis Blues logo embedded inside. This was clearly the source of the evil forces in the house.

After we excavated the meteor, our plan was to put it in a box and ship it to a remote address in South America. But before we could do that, a group of robed hooded figures suddenly turned up in a windowless van and took it from us at gunpoint. They said they were an ancient Ligurian religious order with ties to the St. Louis Blues and they've been looking for the meteor for the last 3,000 years, then they disappeared.

Now everything is back to normal and life is a joy once again. Thanks again, it couldn't have happened without your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad