OT: General OT Thread #38: Pavol Demitra Memorial Playoff Push Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
It's an older Yamaha FJ 1200. Bought it 50/50 with my stepdad. Going to strip it down to a bit more fighter look. I'll post a pic when I get on my pc.

I don't even have a license yet, but now it's not hard to guess what my 30th bday gift for myself will be next january.

It has 100hp on paper, 130hp by default and 147hp dynoed 3 years ago after installing that Vance & Hines full exhaust.

AfqI4um.jpg

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
It's an older Yamaha FJ 1200. Bought it 50/50 with my stepdad. Going to strip it down to a bit more fighter look. I'll post a pic when I get on my pc.

I don't even have a license yet, but now it's not hard to guess what my 30th bday gift for myself will be next january.

It has 100hp on paper, 130hp by default and 147hp dynoed 3 years ago after installing that Vance & Hines full exhaust.

AfqI4um.jpg

She looks nice, and more than enough oomph, too. Middle-age crisis? Will we see a mullet with that bike? :naughty:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
She looks nice, and more than enough oomph, too. Middle-age crisis? Will we see a mullet with that bike? :naughty:

Mullet would be awesome. I'm actually considering to trade my 2nd car for a pickup. I'm starting to embrace my inner redneck.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Don't worry guys, everything went to **** already. My stepdad has drunk his side of the money already so no bike exchange tomorrow morning, even though the deal was already struck. Also my mouse wheel just broke down so everything is going just great.

Remember kids, constant feeling of disappointment and depression is the baseline feeling, if you ever start to feel anything else, just remember that nobody is trustworthy and the world is out there just to **** you over.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Don't worry guys, everything went to **** already. My stepdad has drunk his side of the money already so no bike exchange tomorrow morning, even though the deal was already struck. Also my mouse wheel just broke down so everything is going just great.

Remember kids, constant feeling of disappointment and depression is the baseline feeling, if you ever start to feel anything else, just remember that nobody is trustworthy and the world is out there just to **** you over.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent

-Stanley Kubrick

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Try not to take things so personally, it's rarely actually the case. I'm sure things will turn around, they generally tend to.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale

**** your step pop. Save up the rest of the money and have a bike of your own.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
So got married last Saturday. That was an interesting day. Quickest one on record it feels like. Did a short honeymoon thing before we both fly out for work stuff. Grand Canyon, Astroid Crater, Sedona and Vegas....took home $2k in Roulette. Not a bad trip!

Flax0

Aug 26, 2015
MN
So got married last Saturday. That was an interesting day. Quickest one on record it feels like. Did a short honeymoon thing before we both fly out for work stuff. Grand Canyon, Astroid Crater, Sedona and Vegas....took home $2k in Roulette. Not a bad trip!

congrats!! :thumbu:

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota

Ain't that the truth. Mine's only a little over two year's past and it's a complete blur.

Congrats, though!

If you two have lived together leading up to this, let me just say: Welcome to the weirdest part of your life (so far). My wife and I had such a confusing time figuring out what it really meant (if anything). We had been together for quite a while before getting married, and once it was over there was a prevailing "what now?" theme for a few weeks.

Enjoy it, though. :handclap:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Congrats on the 2k!

Oh and the wedding, too :D

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Congrats! I can share Vashanesh's experience. It was a weird feeling at first.

Long time ago though

And sorry to hear that Sharppi's bike thing went wrong. Sounds like life. Sometimes it sucks bad but most of the times still goes on.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Congrats!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

My condolences :sarcasm: :naughty:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
How much was your guys' wives' wedding dresses? Or however you grammatically say it.

My fiancee is out shopping in Fargo today and just called to tell me she found the perfect dress (cue freaking out). She said it's roughly $900.

Seems kind of steep to me?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
How much was your guys' wives' wedding dresses? Or however you grammatically say it.

My fiancee is out shopping in Fargo today and just called to tell me she found the perfect dress (cue freaking out). She said it's roughly $900.

$1300ish. Depends what your budget is. Wide range. $900 isn't all that steep for an event notorious for price gouging.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
As an uninformed (when it comes to wedding dresses), and currently single guy, I would actually guess that $900 would be on the relatively low end of most women's wedding dresses.

Take that uninformed advice with a large grain of salt :laugh:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
As an uninformed (when it comes to wedding dresses), and currently single guy, I would actually guess that $900 would be on the relatively low end of most women's wedding dresses.

No, you're definitely right. I know some thing have paid $3000+ on a dress.:amazed:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

900 is on the cheaper side of wedding dresses.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
$1300ish. Depends what your budget is. Wide range. $900 isn't all that steep for an event notorious for price gouging.

No, you're definitely right. I know some thing have paid $3000+ on a dress.:amazed:

900 is on the cheaper side of wedding dresses.

Hmm good news then. Thanks.

Add that to the cheap engagement ring she picked out ($125), and it's safe to say I got a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad