General OT Thread #31: Wild Wish Offense Was As Potent As Fel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Sounds cool. Mark me down as interested.

Me too. Daily categories can be really fun.

Last year was good but after the trade deadline, hell, even before it, the second league had people dropping like flies. Probably because of the daily lineup changes. We should, if we have to do two leagues this year due to demand, have one for daily changes and the other for weekly.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
That one I did get several months in advance. And it only took two weeks or so even without expedited service. Crazy. I actually got it back so quick I thought it was a jury duty summons.

Soup for lunch...again. Lots of soup and egg whites lately.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Advice to anyone getting married in the future: get your ring several months in advance. Mail-order stuff screwed up twice and now I had to pay triple plus overnight shipping to get it in time (hopefully).

Same advice goes for getting your passport.

As a slacker and procrastinator, I am surprised that I got both of these things done well ahead of time (although the fear of unspeakable damage being done to my person by my wife was probably enough motivation for me).

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Weird thing I do: sometimes I will dumb down e-mails just to make it looks less like I'm typing full sentences, like a normal person? Like, inserting a fragment sentence or not perfecting the punctuation or grammar? I don't know why. Maybe because full, proper responses to quick e-mails when someone is 100 feet away seems weird to me.

And then I talk about it to strangers on the Internet...

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Weird thing I do: sometimes I will dumb down e-mails just to make it looks less like I'm typing full sentences, like a normal person? Like, inserting a fragment sentence or not perfecting the punctuation or grammar? I don't know why. Maybe because full, proper responses to quick e-mails when someone is 100 feet away seems weird to me.

And then I talk about it to strangers on the Internet...

You should see me writing in Finnish. I have no idea how 'normal' people write short stories or journals, so I end up sounding like some bloody posh POS, even though my family isn't exactly rich or even middle-class.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Ben Affleck has been confirmed to be the next Batman.

Excellent choice, IMO.

Ben Who-fleck???

ChKa-Mango.jpg

Not sure if I like...

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Affleck has been making some surprising good stuff lately, so I'm carefully optimistic about the Batman signing. Hope they just don't try to go all grimdark with it too, won't work with Affleck.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I planned our wedding all by myself for the most part. My parents, sister and mother-in-law did help me out a little, but my husband didn't do much of anything. He's very absent-minded and prone to forgetting even important things, so to minimize my own stress I didn't give him much to do.

Nolan's movies will not be topped.

Agreed. I have yet to see a good performance from Ben Affleck, so I'm a bit skeptical about this choice.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I planned our wedding all by myself for the most part. My parents, sister and mother-in-law did help me out a little, but my husband didn't do much of anything. He's very absent-minded and prone to forgetting even important things, so to minimize my own stress I didn't give him much to do.

Agreed. I have yet to see a good performance from Ben Affleck, so I'm a bit skeptical about this choice.

The Town? Argo? Bueller? Bueller?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Went to the State Fair. I hate the Fair normally. But I was promised Mini Donut Beer. It ran out before I got there. Disappointing. Still, had three flights of beer and two kinds of cheese curds and pork ribs. I'm still full. And happy.

Eight days til the wedding.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
At what time do they start serving Mini Donut beer? Going next week during the week and I like to get there at about 9am so it isn't that crazy there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad