Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
NxquH.gif

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Gotta love the title :laugh: Well done.

Also, insert obligatory inquiry regarding runner-ups here.

Winner is a Buddy McCormick joint.

Third runner-up: One Giant Maury Episode #youarenothefather (me)/Fel96 the new paterfamilias (Northland Wild Man)
Second runner-up: Is it October Yet? (both engebretson and vashanesh)
First runner-up: Surprisingly intelligent individuals making themselves look stupid edition (Puhis)

Also liked the "Earth, Wind And Fire Yeo" one for a later date.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Just say this in the other thread, had to reply:

Because of how the soldiers' bodies were treated, or what?

Reading the book was a different kind of anger, for me. There were a handful of chapters that told the point-of-view of a Somali militiaman, as well as a few chapters from the captured pilots' POV after he was captured/in captivity. I feel like Bowden, the writer, inserted them to not only tell the full story but kind of add some sympathy/a good angle to the Somali side, it was mostly a failure.

While some of the Somalis were nice/friendly toward the Americans, the vast majority were basically saying "Screw you, we don't want help! You came in here, we can mutilate your dead as much as we want!"

And coming from a community/high school that had lots of race-issues with Somalis growing up, I feel like it hit home a bit differently for me than most.

Bodies aside, the whole fiasco would have been avoided if the political crap did not get in the way. AC-130 was not called in because the crew had their crew rest broken and refused to fly. How many lives would have been saved if they had been there? Garrison wanted the glory and refused to bring in allies because it would have essentially made him a 4-star career because of it. Clinton pulled out thousands of troops and basically left the country to rot.

It makes me rage because we lost many good men in that conflict for no reason at all.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Hey do you guys wanna do a Fantasy Football league?

I will set one up if I get enough people.

Also what kind of format does everyone like best?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We had one last year. I thought if we had enough this year we'd split the league into two smaller leagues so players wouldn't be so scarce and benches could be longer.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So I've taken up boxing, it's fun.

I haven't gotten hit yeah, I'm just learning.

I really should start boxing, too. I've been thinking of starting it for what, 3-4 years now and haven't gotten it done because deep down I'm ****ing lazy and love to procrastinate a lot.

With that said, I do possess a lethal right hook. Primary reason would be to improve my physical condition and stamina as well as learn some discipline, which I still lack. And I suppose adding strength and losing weight wouldn't hurt either.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
So i'm going through my annual August of watching Stanley Cup highlights from years past, this year starting in 1996. And everytime i get to 2007 i get so angry again. I basically skip over that year but ugh biggest bunch of cheap sucking ****** that year in Anaheim.

/Rant over.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
So i'm going through my annual August of watching Stanley Cup highlights from years past, this year starting in 1996. And everytime i get to 2007 i get so angry again. I basically skip over that year but ugh biggest bunch of cheap sucking ****** that year in Anaheim.

/Rant over.

But... but... Selänne.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Finally moved to my apartment in Lappeenranta, only to notice I forgot few stuffs. City seems quite nice but I have no idea how the public transfer works out in here, yet. A bit sad I missed the previous season due to military service but hey, at least this city has it's own SM-Liiga team so maybe I'll watch hockey more than ever so far. And hoping for as many early games as possible because going sleeping 4 or less hours sucks. Guess I'll be more active this season then.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

/Rant over.
I loved everything about that nasty team. Nobody was within a mile of the Ducks that year.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I know some of you guys have craigslist experience. Anyone ever sold a vehicle on craigslist?

I'm finally looking to get rid of my truck, and I'm 100% set on private sale, I just don't quite know where to start. I'm also thinking about throwing it up on autotrader, but same thing, not sure where to start, what to worry about, etc.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
With my birthday coming up this week, my parents told me they have no idea what to get me and they are likely just going to give me cash. My grandparents will likely do the same.

Thinking about getting a Tablet in the $200-$300 range. Any recommendations? Thinking about getting the new Nexus 7. It's $230. Good reviews on cnet.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
With my birthday coming up this week, my parents told me they have no idea what to get me and they are likely just going to give me cash. My grandparents will likely do the same.

Thinking about getting a Tablet in the $200-$300 range. Any recommendations? Thinking about getting the new Nexus 7. It's $230. Good reviews on cnet.

Dude. Save the money. You don't need a tablet, nobody does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->