Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Define slow.
She's faster than Dany Heatley anyhow.

Paavo Lipponen's speeches are faster than Dany Heatley, so it's not much of an accomplishment.

The problem with Suomen Joutsen would be that we can't count on the wind when we enter the canal system after the Atlantic. I'd rather use something smaller that's more nimble, and preferably mainly engine-powered. A catamaran, maybe? Actually, scratch that. Suomen Joutsen would be great, because it has a lot of room yet it can reach some speed, and it should be able to cross the Atlantic, which smaller boats might have some trouble with. We could load a smaller boat, say a Buster XL, under the deck and switch to that when we reach the canals.

There. We have a plan. Acquire Suomen Joutsen, acquire a smaller boat, preferably with a powerful engine. Acquire JJ Lehto, because we need a reliable captain. If he's not available, I heard that there's this guy in Italy who was recently laid off and has some experience from bigger ships. If that fails, I shall assume captain's duties because I've got the biggest post count.

Now, who's going to call Mikko?

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Just make sure you dont get scammed. Go local only, and I would probably say cash only too. You will get spammed by TONS of bots too, so you may want to create a disposable email address.

I was planning on both. It sounds like most of the scams are avoided by going cash only.

I've never sold or bought anything on craigslist before, but it seems like the best bet for me. Wish me luck, the money I could get will go a looooooooooong way.

MNman

May 21, 2010
Is this board doing a fantasy football league this year??? I thought Wild Chat always did one.

If there is one and it has an opening, I'd be interested.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I might be alone on this but I feel sad on my birthday..

Dude. Happy Birthday!

xFaZqzU.jpg

Billy Mays Here*

I see Paulina Gretzky just got engaged to golfer Dustin Johnson.

Yep, indeed that's the news.

Wait a minute, I actually bothered to click on news about celebrities. . . . dammit.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
There. We have a plan. Acquire Suomen Joutsen, acquire a smaller boat, preferably with a powerful engine. Acquire JJ Lehto, because we need a reliable captain. If he's not available, I heard that there's this guy in Italy who was recently laid off and has some experience from bigger ships. If that fails, I shall assume captain's duties because I've got the biggest post count.

Now, who's going to call Mikko?

I think JJ should be available, but the Italian guy may have prior engagements. We could ask Pasi Nurminen to be the first officer if the Italian is unavailable, he has experience from buses.

I might be alone on this but I feel sad on my birthday..

Happy Birthday!

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I think JJ should be available, but the Italian guy may have prior engagements. We could ask Pasi Nurminen to be the first officer if the Italian is unavailable, he has experience from buses.

Okay, so JJ is the captain and Pasi the first officer.

This is going to be good.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
TV is soooo good right now it's ridiculous. Hard to get out of the house with all the catching up I need to do. Especially from Sunday nights. :laugh:

Love Hell on Wheels but hate that it's on Saturday now. Hard to see it live...

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
TV is soooo good right now it's ridiculous. Hard to get out of the house with all the catching up I need to do. Especially from Sunday nights. :laugh:

Love Hell on Wheels but hate that it's on Saturday now. Hard to see it live...

I don't understand them moving it to Saturdays. That seems to be a really bad place for such a great show... Makes me think they're losing faith in the series, which would be a real shame.

It's effectively become a great DVR series, now... I'm usually even home Saturdays, and I rarely catch it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't understand them moving it to Saturdays. That seems to be a really bad place for such a great show... Makes me think they're losing faith in the series, which would be a real shame.

It's effectively become a great DVR series, now... I'm usually even home Saturdays, and I rarely catch it.

Anything shown on Saturday is basically being forced to die. Friday is almost as bad.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Halfway through season two of Mad Men, maybe most of the way through, dunno. Has there been a successful show with a less compelling lead character than Don Draper? I mean, he's got no personality, no morals, and no ambition. It's like the show is happening around him and he just kind of has a blank, dumb look on his face the whole time.

If you couldn't tell, not that into the show.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Oh hey, Creativity and I have the same birthday. August 20 represent! Happy birthday dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad